PDA

View Full Version : So now what?

soapman
09-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Who get's left out? Nigel or Cordy? I love the move keeping one of our best players but it's going to get interesting come February....

FlyingDutchman
09-10-2015, 08:44 AM
What's Mckelvins salary look like? I imagine he's gone. Maybe restructure Mario Williams deal?

Victor7
09-10-2015, 09:13 AM
Gilmore's deal will be up soon as well.

I think Bradham is the odd man out. I think he's a good player but somewhat overvalued by some posters. He benefits greatly from the DL

Meathead
09-10-2015, 09:15 AM
terry is cheap

Jimkelly12203
09-10-2015, 09:17 AM
terry is cheap And a racist!

psubills62
09-10-2015, 09:24 AM
This is what good teams do - re-sign the core players and that sometimes mean letting a good player walk. The key is being able to replace them through the draft.

Not sure what they will or will not have room to do. Would assume those are the two next on the list if possible.

casdhf
09-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Trade for Luck?

justasportsfan
09-10-2015, 09:36 AM
terry is cheap

And a racist!

He is. Between Hughes, Kyle ,Dareus and Mario, the white boy if getting paid with cheap moonshine

CleveSteve
09-10-2015, 09:38 AM
Offensive tackle over linebacker any day IMO.

Ed
09-10-2015, 10:21 AM
It's hard to say right now what kind of money we're talking about for Bradham and Glenn, but they could re-sign both. Some potential cuts that would provide cap space for 2016 include:

McKelvin $3.9 mil
Lawson $2.7 mil
Urbik $1.8 mil
Dixon $1.2 mil
Wynn $1.0 mil

Those numbers represent cap savings for 2016, which would be almost $11 mil right there. Whaley has also already talked about restructuring Mario's deal, which would probably add at least a few million in savings.

Right now Gilmore and Harvin have cap hits on the books for next season of $11 mil and $10 mil, respectively. Depending on what happens with Harvin this season, he'll likely either get cut or sign a new deal with a lower cap number. Gilmore could also sign a new deal too that would likely reduce his cap number.

So I think they'll have enough cap room, or can at least create room to re-sign who they want, but don't expect the Bills to be active in free agency next season. Any holes/depth are going to have to be filled through the draft, or with low cost vets.

feldspar
09-10-2015, 10:31 AM
Now what?

Now we sit back and enjoy the season. The roster is pretty much set, barring further injuries or unexpected piss-poor play from somebody.

FlyingDutchman
09-10-2015, 10:46 AM
Urbik will be gone for sure

IlluminatusUIUC
09-10-2015, 11:05 AM
It's hard to say right now what kind of money we're talking about for Bradham and Glenn, but they could re-sign both. Some potential cuts that would provide cap space for 2016 include:

McKelvin $3.9 mil
Lawson $2.7 mil
Urbik $1.8 mil
Dixon $1.2 mil
Wynn $1.0 mil

Those numbers represent cap savings for 2016, which would be almost $11 mil right there. Whaley has also already talked about restructuring Mario's deal, which would probably add at least a few million in savings.

Right now Gilmore and Harvin have cap hits on the books for next season of $11 mil and $10 mil, respectively. Depending on what happens with Harvin this season, he'll likely either get cut or sign a new deal with a lower cap number. Gilmore could also sign a new deal too that would likely reduce his cap number.

So I think they'll have enough cap room, or can at least create room to re-sign who they want, but don't expect the Bills to be active in free agency next season. Any holes/depth are going to have to be filled through the draft, or with low cost vets.

Harvin has a deal that is voidable by either side after this year. From the way the numbers look, it seems like both sides really wanted a 1 year deal but structured it as a 3 year deal to push cap hits. Harvin is almost certainly gone.

For next year, we have three starters up for UFA: Glenn, Bradham, and Incognito and two backups: Cassel and Brown. It remains to be seen whether Incognito will play his way into justifying a second deal, ditto cassel and Brown.

So that leaves Bradham and Glenn. A left tackle is a much more important player then a ILB, but otoh Whaley has already thrown two draft picks at OTs in the last few years and ILBs come much cheaper. I think the writing is on the wall for Glann, which sucks. He was the best value pick of the Nix era.

chris66
09-10-2015, 11:11 AM
I believe the way Taylor's contract is written is he is a fa if he gets 50 percent of the snaps this year

IlluminatusUIUC
09-10-2015, 11:17 AM
I believe the way Taylor's contract is written is he is a fa if he gets 50 percent of the snaps this year

No it voids his 2017 year not his 2016 year. He's still under contract next year regardless, but his salary would escalate.
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2015/3/18/8236345/tyrod-taylor-contract-details-buffalo-bills-qb-nfl-free-agency-2015

swiper
09-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Now what?

Now we sit back and enjoy the season.

Beat me to it.

chris66
09-10-2015, 11:22 AM
No it voids his 2017 year not his 2016 year. He's still under contract next year regardless, but his salary would escalate.
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2015/3/18/8236345/tyrod-taylor-contract-details-buffalo-bills-qb-nfl-free-agency-2015
Thats not so bad then

HAMMER
09-10-2015, 11:40 AM
terry is cheap

This dumb azz joke hasn't been funny for years, get some new, original material losers.

WagonCircler
09-10-2015, 12:41 PM
terry is cheap

Nonsense. Did he not sign Askew?

The Jokeman
09-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Offensive tackle over linebacker any day IMO.

Unless your tight against the cap. So sign the LB and draft an OT in Round 1 of the next draft.

Mace
09-12-2015, 03:06 PM
I'd be expecting a round of renegotiations/extensions for cap figure juggling.

One thing I'd say, regarding the way Freddie and Cassel played out, they'll play rough with players they don't think are giving them bang for their buck which could be good, could be bad, but I'd expect them to try and retain younger talent (Glenn for so if he stays solid, but Bradham too if he proves himself).

One thing though regarding Bradham (who I'm not really sold on, myself, yet), Ryan builds LB's & DB's from roster scraps in his defense if he has to.