PDA

View Full Version : Now that Mr. Big Stuff is extended

DesertFox24
09-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Leaves us Woods, Glenn, Bradham, and Gilmore. We will not be able to sign all 4 of these guys, now granted we will get some money when Percy voids his deal, but if you made me pick two I would want Glenn and Gilmore but they are probably the most expensive of the 4.

Night Train
09-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Bradham and Woods won't command big $$. The other 2 will play out the season and 1 may stay.

An OT and CB will be our first 2 selections next year.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-10-2015, 02:20 PM
Leaves us Woods, Glenn, Bradham, and Gilmore. We will not be able to sign all 4 of these guys, now granted we will get some money when Percy voids his deal, but if you made me pick two I would want Glenn and Gilmore but they are probably the most expensive of the 4.

Woods and Gilmore are not FAs until 2017, at which point both Mario and Kyle Williams will be primed for contract re-structuring if they haven't already. The real issue is 2016, where we have Glenn and Bradham becoming UFAs at the same time that Clay and McCoy's dumbass deals get really big. I think Glenn is the odd man out, both because he's expensive and because we recently drafted two OTs. I think the plan is to pray Henderson or Kujo develops enough to take over the left spot while the other or [draft pick to be named later] picks up the RT.

feldspar
09-10-2015, 02:27 PM
I'll take all this up once I become the GM...should happen any day now.

Albany,n.y.
09-10-2015, 02:48 PM
Better save $100+ million for Tyrod since he will be a free agent after the 2016 season.

DesertFox24
09-10-2015, 02:58 PM
Well I expect tackle to be a top priority for us draft time and probably another guard. Depending on Corbin and Stefan's deals I think they will take over for Kyle the 2017 season and I think they will be decent as long as Marcel, Jerry, and Mario are still here. It will be interesting, because if Tyrod plays well they will have to pay him as well.

X-Era
09-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Dareus and Hughes were the priorities.

I may have a different take than many but:

Indifferent on Glenn- Sign him to a reasonable contract or let him walk and move Henderson or Kujo into his slot and draft a backup.

Indifferent on Bradham- The main area where we could use a stud is in the LB corp and I don't see Bradham as a stud at all. I'd be fine if they let him walk and looked for an upgrade through FA or the draft. Draft is more likely.

Indifferent on Gilmore- He's injured to often for me. I can't trust him to be a solid, year long, lock down CB which means we need a viable backup at all times to not have a vulnerability. I'm personally not a big fan of a huge contract for Gilmore. I want someone who's more durable if we're paying huge money.

Want Wood re-signed- He won't command more than #2 WR money and is a very, very good #2 WR. Loved his play at USC and love what he's done as a Bill. Great route runner and rock solid player.

We've locked up the corp pieces of the D and O at this point. The cap will quickly come into play and we will have to make tough choices going forward. If the money is right I'm happy keeping any of the above players but if we're going to spend top dollar I want that player to be a proven top player or I'm Ok with looking elsewhere or saving the money.

ParanoidAndroid
09-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Kujo is not ever going to start at LT unless we have injury issues. And if he does, all of our QB's will be on IR after the first 3 weeks. No freaking way do I trust him on the blind side. Glenn is a huge priority but he has to play better than last year if he wants to get paid. If he doesn't play better, then we will draft one high and let him walk unless he is willing to get paid accordingly.

Mad Max
09-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Kujo is not ever going to start at LT unless we have injury issues. And if he does, all of our QB's will be on IR after the first 3 weeks. No freaking way do I trust him on the blind side. Glenn is a huge priority but he has to play better than last year if he wants to get paid. If he doesn't play better, then we will draft one high and let him walk unless he is willing to get paid accordingly.

Kujo can't play LT, but Henderson can IMO...I think he'd be a stud at that position if given the opportunity. So the hope becomes that Kujo can anchor the RT.