X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Steelers coaches upset as headsets filled with Pats' radio broadcast

Pittsburgh Steelers coaches were upset that their coach-to-coach headsets picked up the Patriots' radio broadcast for the majority of the first half of Thursday night's game.

Pittsburgh Steelers coaches were upset that their coach-to-coach headsets picked up the Patriots' radio broadcast for the majority of the first half of Thursday night's game, which New England went on to win 28-21.

"That's always the case. Yes. I said what I said," an unhappy Mike Tomlin said postgame regarding the headset issue, which he said has occurred repeatedly in New England.

...anyone else catch this during the game?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Steelers coaches upset as headsets filled with Pats' radio broadcast

They cheat. They will always cheat because Goodell is too impotent to stop them. We will never beat them because they don't play fair.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mike
      • Jan 2009

So, my gut reaction was similar to yours. Then I read this:

1. NFL is responsible for headsets functioning. It's the Refs & league that put it together not the home teams.

2. Both teams experienced headset issues.

3. If/When one teams' headsets fail, the other team can't use thier headsets either. So, in all the instances that the Steelers or Pats headsets stopped functioning, neither team could use headsets.
      Please Make Sense

Comment

• Spartacus
        • Mar 2003

My tebya razdavim

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
          Amazing that we could live in a world where there could be 2 cheaters. Or god forbid cheaters that exist at different times, for different things.

Either you are incapable of that level of analysis or you are being intentionally obtuse.

I'm not sure I know the answer anymore.

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
            Amazing that we could live in a world where there could be 2 cheaters. Or god forbid cheaters that exist at different times, for different things.

Either you are incapable of that level of analysis or you are being intentionally obtuse.

I'm not sure I know the answer anymore.
            The main thing is that if you cheat, you pay the penalty. Tomlin did in this case, and if you really wanted to be obtuse, you'd claim that there is no evidence that he did that on purpose. I'm absolutely positive that he didn't do this more than once in the NFL, though.

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

I'm thinking the headsets going out when you're on offense is far more deleterious than when you're on defense.

Comment

• Spartacus
                • Mar 2003

Gee, I remember when they played the game WITHOUT head sets!

Ama2ing but TRUE!
                My tebya razdavim

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

That's not the way the game is played these days...

And to refute the notion that the NFL is responsible for headset functionality and to lend further detail to last night's shenanigans....

Last edited by coastal; 09-11-2015, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Good! Keep cheating until they get serious about stopping you.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

we should just give the pats the benefit of the doubt, right?

Comment

• Spartacus
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                        That's not the way the game is played these days...
                        So what?

Radios and other electronic devices and networks can stop working, can be physically broken or can be hacked BY ANYONE.

Any team that doesn't have a plan for what happens if the headsets go out is too stupid to care about.

But that's the NFL for you.

At least half of the coaching staffs, office staffS, media and the fan bases ARE MORONS.

Anyone that complains about this can guess which half they belong to.
                        Last edited by CommissarSpartacus; 09-11-2015, 06:45 AM.
                        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• djjimkelly
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          They cheat. They will always cheat because Goodell is too impotent to stop them. We will never beat them because they don't play fair.
                          or we should mic their change room when they come to the ralph in 2 weeks

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                            So what?

Radios and other electronic devices and networks can stop working, can be physically broken or can be hacked BY ANYONE.

Any team that doesn't have a plan for what happens if the headsets go out is too stupid to care about.

But that's the NFL for you.

At least half of the coaching staffs, office staffS, media and the fan bases ARE MORONS.

Anyone that complains about this can guess which half they belong to.
                            the American half?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

What does the pic of Tomlin have to do with anything?

It shows they cheat too?

Does that defend the Patriots?

Or is this one of those things were you can use "you do it too" and it's OK, but it's bad for everybody else?
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X