PDA

View Full Version : Top NFL Contracts

swiper
09-11-2015, 07:27 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/

The Jokeman
09-11-2015, 07:31 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/

Jay Cutler and Colin Kaepernick (and to a degree Flacco) making more than Aaron Rodgers feels so wrong.

swiper
09-11-2015, 07:34 PM
Exhibit A: which team is paying 2 DL men $100 million each and cannot find a franchise QB to save their lives?

The Jokeman
09-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Exhibit A: which team is paying 2 DL men $100 million each and cannot find a franchise QB to save their lives?

The Browns, Jaguars and Raiders have also struggled with the search for franchise QBs yet they aren't spending the money we are on defenders so are they wiser than us? Personally I think Whaley's doing a wise thing in that he's allocating cap space to build the best roster he can. As will say until I die, the first word in the term "franchise QB" is franchise.

swiper
09-12-2015, 05:20 AM
Depends how they fare. Let's see where all 4 teams are at the end of this season.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-12-2015, 09:53 AM
I don't know where this crazy idea comes from, that paying defensive lineman is preventing us from drafting a franchise QB?

There aren't franchise QBs available to be bought.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-12-2015, 10:17 AM
I don't know where this crazy idea comes from, that paying defensive lineman is preventing us from drafting a franchise QB?

i really don't understand why people don't understand this concept. Really not that hard

swiper
09-12-2015, 11:36 AM

It's not just now. It's been 15 years plus. And you will agree that there have been plenty of teams getting a franchise QB over that time. Did the Bills really need TJ Graham that bad? I think Foles, Cousins and Wilson are all starting this weekend.

Had they done that, then they wouldn't be in a position to pay the second DL, which is fine with me. I'd rather have a franchise QB than a fat, speed racing, pot smoking DT for that money.

YardRat
09-12-2015, 11:54 AM
There are teams in the league that have never drafted a 'franchise' quarterback, ever, and maybe got lucky one time with a free agent or trade. It's not as easy as it sounds.

swiper
09-12-2015, 11:57 AM
There are teams in the league that have never drafted a 'franchise' quarterback, ever, and maybe got lucky one time with a free agent or trade. It's not as easy as it sounds.

No one is saying that it is easy, but the Bills haven't tried hard enough.

feldspar
09-12-2015, 11:59 AM

There is definitely a HUGE luck factor involved.

Hopefully we got lucky this time with Taylor. We'll know a lot more about that tomorrow and later on down the line.