PDA

View Full Version : Chad Kelly

X-Era
09-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Very good quarterback in college. But, has off the field problems with a drunken alterfcation involving the cops and got in Dabo Sweeneys face at Clemson...

Love how he plays.
Kellys nephew.
A drunken scuffle is a lesser crime to me than drugs, rape, weapons charges, etc... But I also don't know the details.

I don't see him having the balls to get in Rex's face and maybe he's matured.

Would you take the risk if you could land the guy outside of the high first round?

Go...

SpikedLemonade
09-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Nope.

YardRat
09-12-2015, 09:36 PM
If he continues to play like he has to start this season, and gets better, absolutely.

DynaPaul
09-13-2015, 07:19 AM
Maybe his uncle can beat some sense into him.

SeatownBillsFan21
09-13-2015, 08:40 AM
19 year olds don't ever grow up.

WagonCircler
09-13-2015, 09:13 AM

But fortunately, they don't stay 19.

Mace
09-13-2015, 09:20 AM
I'm sort of surprised it even comes up at this point. I mean he only played two games, against Tennessee-Martin and Fresno State, and hasn't even been at Ole Miss long for anything much, good or bad to appear.

I mean, if you want to pick a guy because he rolled Tennessee-Martin & Fresno State in his total of 2 starts and managed to behave himself for a year at East Mississippi Community College....well, I guess it looks kind of not real wise to me at this point.

YardRat
09-14-2015, 04:23 AM
Gotta watch the game against 'Bama this week and see how he does. Granted, the first two opponents aren't world beaters, but Kelly has the physical traits that could transfer to the next level.

better days
09-14-2015, 04:02 PM
The Irish are allowed to drink.

It is our heritage.

DraftBoy
09-14-2015, 04:33 PM
We'll learn a lot about him, and Ole Miss, this weekend. I think I read they haven't faced a single 3rd and 5 or more yards yet this season. That makes the QB's job really easy. Kelly has the physical tools to be a top QB in the FBS, but how does he handle himself under pressure? Bama will put some heat on him on Saturday. Plus going into Tuscaloosa is a hell of a lot different from anything he's ever experienced.

Mr. Miyagi
09-14-2015, 04:41 PM
I'd hate to zero in on him just because of his name. Other than Jimbo there isn't other NFL heritage in the family, it's not like the Manning brothers, the Gronks, the Long family or the Matthews family. They aren't automatically studs.

Pick the best guy, not just the name.

WagonCircler
09-14-2015, 06:55 PM
I'd hate to zero in on him just because of his name. Other than Jimbo there isn't other NFL heritage in the family, it's not like the Manning brothers, the Gronks, the Long family or the Matthews family. They aren't automatically studs.

Not true. Uncle Pat played in the NFL.

But reality is not your specialty.

BillsImpossible
09-14-2015, 06:58 PM
Did the Bills win yesterday, or is it just me?

jimmifli
09-14-2015, 08:04 PM

Alright alright alright.

YardRat
09-14-2015, 08:23 PM

Then watch the kid play and base an opinion on his performance not his family tree.

BillsImpossible
09-14-2015, 08:48 PM
Tyrod Taylor or Chad Kelly?

Goodnight.

WagonCircler
09-14-2015, 09:31 PM
Did the Bills win yesterday, or is it just me?

What the ******* are you babbling about?

Mace
09-19-2015, 10:12 PM
Maybe it's just me, Ole Miss is doing ok, but Kelly looks a lot like a guy in his 3rd game having to play the big boys after beating Tennessee-Martin & Fresno State, and spending a year at East Mississippi Community College.

Discotrish
09-19-2015, 10:15 PM
Very good quarterback in college. But, has off the field problems with a drunken alterfcation involving the cops and got in Dabo Sweeneys face at Clemson...

Love how he plays.
Kellys nephew.
A drunken scuffle is a lesser crime to me than drugs, rape, weapons charges, etc... But I also don't know the details.

I don't see him having the balls to get in Rex's face and maybe he's matured.

Would you take the risk if you could land the guy outside of the high first round?

Go...

I saw a few drunken scuffles in college.

Many of those same people are now employed at some of the best companies across the nation.

Some are lawyers, doctors, accountants.

I should probably ask our accountant if he's ever been in a "drunken scuffle."

Patti

YardRat
09-20-2015, 04:45 AM
Maybe it's just me, Ole Miss is doing ok, but Kelly looks a lot like a guy in his 3rd game having to play the big boys after beating Tennessee-Martin & Fresno State, and spending a year at East Mississippi Community College.

Yeah, pretty much a mixed bag for him last nite but I would have been surprised if he fared any better considering the circumstances. There were times when he looked great, others when he looked skittish, or lost. He has all of the tools, if he levels out his play and gets accustomed to playing the big boys in the SEC for two seasons he'll end up being in the discussion for the first round.

Night Train
09-20-2015, 04:47 AM
3 TD's and 0 INT's while winning on the road at Alabama will bring him a lot of fans.

swiper
09-20-2015, 04:57 AM
Lead story at ESPN home page this morning...

Schlabach: Ole Miss helps turn college football on its head (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/gamedayfinal091915/ole-miss-rebels-beat-alabama-crimson-tide-cap-eventful-week-3-college-football)

CoolBreeze
09-20-2015, 07:27 AM
kinda neat he referenced his cousin Hunter Kelly and Grandma Kelly watching over him, in his post game interview.

El Guapo
09-20-2015, 08:17 AM
What was neat was watching the Bama fans' reaction to getting beat! Hotty Toddy!

WagonCircler
09-20-2015, 08:49 AM
I love the idiots in this thread who wrote the kid off, acting like he didn't even deserve to put on a uniform and stand on the sideline (based on his talent).

Here's a news flash, he just beat Alabama like the were rented mules. That doesn't happen by accident.

mdcas22
09-20-2015, 09:53 AM
The kid can play. in order for the Bills too even think about having a shot at getting him will have to be something like Dallas did with La'l Collin's. no doubt he will go before we pick.

DraftBoy
09-20-2015, 10:53 AM
Lots of good and some bad from Kelly against Bama. He made some poor reads and missed open WR's but that's part of being a young QB who has to learn. His throw after the botched snap was probably one of the worst decisions you'll see all year. I don't care that it worked out you don't make that decision ever and it showed a few more times when Bama got some pressure in the 3rd Quarter. He would make a poor decision under pressure rather than tucking the ball and taking the sack.

His ability to extend the play, make strong throws, and have confidence in his ability and that of his WR's was on full display and that's something that Ole Miss definitely lacked.

With Connor Cook, Cardale Jones, and Christian Hackenberg all looking between average and bad, he's doing more than enough to move up boards all over the league.

Mace
09-20-2015, 03:15 PM
Yeah, pretty much a mixed bag for him last nite but I would have been surprised if he fared any better considering the circumstances. There were times when he looked great, others when he looked skittish, or lost. He has all of the tools, if he levels out his play and gets accustomed to playing the big boys in the SEC for two seasons he'll end up being in the discussion for the first round.

That's the whole thing, it was his 3rd real game. Doesn't make much sense to me to evaluate him again after every game, give the kid time to succeed or fail, and let him build up a body of work to look at, imho.

YardRat
09-26-2015, 05:24 PM
****...I missed the first quarter against Vandy (or most of it). Vandy just went up 3-0.

YardRat
09-26-2015, 05:31 PM
Wow...what a ****ing throw by Kelly.

YardRat
09-26-2015, 08:11 PM
Ouch...he can't throw that ball on a 2 deep.

Mace
09-26-2015, 08:28 PM
The kid looks good. It's his 4th game, give him some time to learn his craft and take some stumbles. I sure hope he doesn't leave college early, he'll end up better if he guts it out and through, imho.

Mace
09-26-2015, 08:31 PM
Yanno, I remember watching Archie Manning at ole Miss when I was a kid. I love having a reason to watch them again.

YardRat
10-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Florida's defense is just plain nasty tonight. They've given Kelly happy feet all game, and most of his throws have been off target even when he can get them off. Good learning experience for the kid, we'll see how he bounces back.

YardRat
10-03-2015, 08:00 PM
He's just getting crushed now, every play. Still sticking in there, though. If the Gators don't end up killing him, it'll certainly make him stronger.

Mace
10-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Learning process. He'd just be wise to stay in school, imho, and let his career play out or he'll end up having the same thing happen to him wearing a Cleveland Browns uniform.