PDA

View Full Version : Where is Sammy Watkins?

justasportsfan
09-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Are they saving him for the 2nd half? They need to get him the ball and everything will open up.

cookie G
09-13-2015, 12:26 PM
If they score 17 points in a half without him touching the ball...I'm good with it.

imbondz
09-13-2015, 12:32 PM
he made a nice block on that last TD, without probably wouldn't have scored.

Goobylal
09-13-2015, 12:34 PM
Yup. And who cares, as long as they're winning? He's likely drawing coverage away from others.

justasportsfan
09-13-2015, 12:36 PM
Thread was created prior to a running td. We still need to get him involved.

kingJofNYC
09-13-2015, 02:03 PM
Taylor overthrew him on that go route, easy TD. We didn't pass much but when they did they went away from Davis who was on Sammy.

BertSquirtgum
09-13-2015, 02:12 PM
These coaches realize he was a waste of two first round picks.

justasportsfan
09-13-2015, 03:40 PM
We will need him vs. Pats.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2015, 03:56 PM
I was out watching some football with my buddies and at halftime I had to ask them if Sammy Watkins was even playing, apparently a couple of them weren't sure either :rofl:

swiper
09-13-2015, 03:58 PM
These coaches realize he was a waste of two first round picks.

You don't like players with dreadlocks. Is that it?

Mindbender
09-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Uh, wasn't he being covered by one of the best DBs in the NFL? I'm fine with TT targeting Harvin or Clay if it means not forcing the ball to Sammy while being covered by Vontae Davis.

BertSquirtgum
09-13-2015, 05:14 PM
You don't like players with dreadlocks. Is that it?

Dreadlocks are grimey but no.

Mace
09-13-2015, 05:18 PM
I was out watching some football with my buddies and at halftime I had to ask them if Sammy Watkins was even playing, apparently a couple of them weren't sure either :rofl:

I forgot we have him. Speaking of dreads though, half our defense has predator dreads. Kyle Williams needs to glue some fake ones to the back of his helmet.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2015, 09:03 PM
He was a waste of 2 first round picks and a 4th rounder.

YardRat
09-14-2015, 04:41 AM
Sammy will be fine, it was one game and Indy game-planned to take him out of it. If Taylor continues to play well, eventually opponents are going to have to start paying more attention to Harvin, Clay and Shady coming out of the backfield on passing plays and that will open things up for Watkins.

justasportsfan
09-14-2015, 08:44 AM
Uh, wasn't he being covered by one of the best DBs in the NFL? I'm fine with TT targeting Harvin or Clay if it means not forcing the ball to Sammy while being covered by Vontae Davis.

Sammy needs to develop into the next Julio Jones that he was expected to be when we gave up draft picks to get him. I don't care if Revis or Sherman is covering him . Sammy needs to get involved if this offense is to be a SB type of offense.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-14-2015, 08:55 AM
Sammy needs to develop into the next Julio Jones that he was expected to be when we gave up draft picks to get him. I don't care if Revis or Sherman is covering him . Sammy needs to get involved if this offense is to be a SB type of offense.

Tyrod was not asked to make a lot of tough throws, it was a conservative gameplan by default.

JoeMama
09-14-2015, 09:05 AM
Sammy Watkins didn't play football yesterday, he went to the liquor store instead.

Great game, Sammy!

psubills62
09-14-2015, 09:15 AM
Not sure, but I do know people always need something to gripe about.

justasportsfan
09-14-2015, 09:29 AM
Not sure, but I do know people always need something to gripe about.

that isn't me though. I'm happy we won. Just stating that if we want to stop being the Pats' beeyotch, we need Watkins to be what we drafted him to be.

Mahdi
09-14-2015, 10:07 AM
I think it was just how this game developed that caused Sammy to be phased out the game.

Tyrod found a lot of interior throws to start the game with Harvin, Clay and Woods. By the second half we were already keeping everything simple in order to avoid TOs and protect the lead.

If they wanted to attack more I'm sure Watkins would have been targeted a bunch.

Also it was Tyrod's first start and building his confidence and understanding of the offense by keeping things simple is a good step. As the weeks progress things will probably open up.

trapezeus
09-14-2015, 11:06 AM
i kind of like that the bills didn't let all the toys out of the box in this win. there should be limited footage on Sammy under this new offense. therefore, if we show limited footage to NE and they prepare thinking they can follow the colts blueprint, we should hopefully have more ways to get him open.

also for the harvin touchdown, tyrod said after the game that it was possible because coverage rolled to sammy.

i agree, he'll need to start having bigger games, but as long as we have TE's and catching RBs, and a few other WR, we are exploiting teams because of sammy.

i'd be more concerned if he was dropping passes or he was the only WR we had and needed big games from him each game.