PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap

notacon
09-13-2015, 12:27 PM
Yes, it's just the first half of the first game. Emotional home opener.

But...all I can say is HOLY CRAP!!!

This is against a quality team that was in the AFC Championship game last year and is widely seen as contending again this year.

Tyrod is playing lights out! A masterful half of QBing.

Sure...many more tests to come. Especially when the Bills hit the road and coaches have time to game plan against us.

This is certainly encouraging!!!

HHURRICANE
09-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Ummm, uhhhhh, yeah WD are for real.

swiper
09-13-2015, 03:33 PM
He had one nice pass.

notacon
09-13-2015, 03:39 PM
He had one nice pass.

Oh dear. An unreasonable naysayer. Jesus.

1st half - 9/11 147 yards 1 TD Passer rating 149.05

Total game - 14/19 195 1 TD passer rating 123.79

If Tyrod has most of his games like this...the Bills are easily in the playoffs.

You just can't please some people. That's your problem.

swiper
09-13-2015, 03:46 PM
LOL. He's far too fast to tuck and run. Don't think he'll make the end of the season, especially with that o-line.

Typ0
09-13-2015, 03:49 PM
LOL. He's far too fast to tuck and run. Don't think he'll make the end of the season, especially with that o-line.

I am not seeing that. I think you have tunnel vision based on the one time he did appear to do that. He didn't do it the whole game. The guy is good he is aware of the field and can run the offense. The COLTS defense is not very good I can't wait to see what the future holds!

DynaPaul
09-13-2015, 04:26 PM
VERY impressed with him in a real NFL game. He played great and didn't do anything stupid.

Night Train
09-13-2015, 04:29 PM
I guess we forgot to suck, like many here instructed.

notacon
09-13-2015, 06:57 PM

What may, or may not happen as the season progresses is not the idea. His performance today is.

Anyone who says that Tyrod had only "one nice pass" today is woefully ill informed and who's opinion is irrelevant.

psubills62
09-13-2015, 07:20 PM
I'm happy with that performance from Taylor. He showed accuracy, which is not something I expected, and it's not something I've seen often from a Bills QB. Will have to see how he looks over a full season to truly judge. But really, we don't ask our QB's to be Peyton Manning. Greg Roman called a good game, IMO. Gave Taylor some short passes to start, got guys like McCoy and Harvin into space, and really helped the offense move even when the run game wasn't working.

YardRat
09-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Kinda nice to not be able to ***** about the QBing and playcalling even after a win, isn't it?

feldspar
09-13-2015, 08:33 PM
Kinda nice to not be able to ***** about the QBing and playcalling even after a win, isn't it?

Yeah, sure is.

I was still *****ing about some of those HUGE bogus momentum changing calls by the officials, though. Kinda nice to see us overcome those, too.

All-in-all, this game gave me a good feeling about this team. 15 more to go. 4-way tie for the division right now because everyone else won too. Holds my interest.

Mr. Miyagi
09-14-2015, 06:21 AM
I was there. My voice is still gone.

Dr. Lecter
09-14-2015, 06:43 AM
He had one nice pass.

The pass to Harvin was good too (The pass to Woods on the sideline was probably his best)

notacon
09-14-2015, 07:13 AM
Here's some more "Holy Crap" stuff. Peter King leads off his Monday Morning QB column talking about the two best performances from inexperienced QB's and the Bill's fans...

Monday Morning QB (http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/13/nfl-week-1-marcus-mariota-tennessee-titans)

The Bills, and the fans who over-filled the RV parking lot at Ralph Wilson Stadium 26 hours before Sunday’s opener, and those who stood for three hours to see the first win of the Rex Ryan Era. “I kept thinking, ‘Siddown!’ Jeez! It’s a long day! I’ve never seen that before,” Ryan said from Orchard Park.

...snip...

Rex: ‘Holy S---. I Can’t Wait’

Rex Ryan coached six years in New Jersey, and so he heard the cacophonous noise around the Meadowlands on occasion. But a couple of things he hadn’t seen. One: Fans standing for most of three hours, which they did Sunday, so as not to miss anything in a 27-14 Bills’ victory over the favored Colts. Two: The RV parking lot adjacent to Ralph Wilson Stadium full late Saturday morning. He talked to the players post-game about the fans. He talked in his press conference about the fans. He talked to me about the fans. “As good as our players played,” Ryan said, “our fans were better. They never stopped. They really impacted the game.”

One of those fans, Luke (son of the late Tim) Russert, said Sunday night he didn’t think he sat down all afternoon. “I didn't think anything could top the energy from last year's home opener against the Dolphins. Remember, the sale to the Pegulas was announced in the media and Jim Kelly was honored before the game for beating cancer. Believe it or not, today's energy was 10 times that of last year. On one third-and-long the stands were literally shaking.”

This was a revelation game for Buffalo. In a game between Tyrod Taylor and Andrew Luck, who do you think would have the 63.6 passer rating and who the 123.8 rating? “Not only did Tyrod have a 123 rating,” Ryan said, “but he ran for 41 yards too.” Percy Harvin was back after a shaky summer with his bum hip, and he streaked downfield for a 51-yard touchdown catch from Taylor to open the scoring. Rookie fifth-round back Karlos Williams, at 6-1 and 230 pounds, looks like the kind of power runner (six carries, 55 yards, one touchdown) who will be able to wear down defenses late in games. And Ryan’s defense (and defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman’s) shut out the explosive Colts for the first 44 minutes of the game. Of the 26 teams that played Sunday, no defense had as many passes defensed as Buffalo (12). The coverage was good; the pressure was better.

“I think we made a statement today,” Taylor said.

This one: We’re pretty good now, and we might get better, and we just might petition the league to play all 16 games at home.
“We’re gonna be tough to beat at home, I’m telling you,” Ryan said.

Judging by the first week of the season, they’d better be good at home—and on the road. Standings of the AFC East this morning:

Buffalo: 1-0
Miami: 1-0
New England: 1-0
New York Jets: 1-0

The one thing you don’t know entering a season is how the enthusiasm of an off-season is going to translate to the regular season. The Bills sold more than 60,000 season tickets for the first time in their history, a tribute to the undying optimism of a region on the longest playoff cold streak of any team in the league. (It’s been 15 years.) The defense is the real thing. If the offense can hold up its end—and really, you can say the same thing about any of the three AFC East challengers to New England—Buffalo will be in it till the end. That’s a big if, of course. It will depend on the maturation of Taylor.

But on Sunday, Ryan wasn’t looking too far ahead. He was looking at next Sunday. Some old friends are coming to town: Bill Belichick. Tom Brady. The schedule-maker came up with an unlikely AFC Game of the Week in Week 2.

“Wait till next week,” Ryan said, chuckling over the phone. “Holy s---. I cannot wait.”

notacon
09-14-2015, 07:18 AM
Total QBR rating for week #1 (http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr).

The Total QBR is the best and most accurate measurement of a QB's performance since it goes well beyond the stats since it is a "statistical measure that incorporates the contexts and details of those throws and what they mean for wins. It's built from the team level down to the quarterback, where we understand first what each play means to the team, then give credit to the quarterback for what happened on that play based on what he contributed."

#1 - Marcus Mariota - 95.7
#2 - Aaron Rodgers - 94.4
#3 - Tom Brady - 91.2
#4 Andy Dalton - 90.0
#5 - Tyrod Taylor - 88.2
#6 - Ben Rothlisburger - 82.9

That's some pretty heady company.

Holy crap!!

jonah7777
09-14-2015, 10:25 AM
I think so far Tyrod is doing good. It's nice to have Real coaches again !!!! after how many years of Ralphs flunkie's.

sukie
09-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Oh dear. An unreasonable naysayer. Jesus.

1st half - 9/11 147 yards 1 TD Passer rating 149.05

Total game - 14/19 195 1 TD passer rating 123.79

If Tyrod has most of his games like this...the Bills are easily in the playoffs.

You just can't please some people. That's your problem.

How was the redzone performance?