PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Seattle FJ

Skooby
09-13-2015, 02:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400791550

The Natrix
09-13-2015, 02:53 PM
I can't believe Seattle isn't taking more heat for that awful onside kick call.

I feel like it's been 5 years since I've even seen an NFL onside kick recovered by the kicking team.

imbondz
09-13-2015, 02:56 PM
seems like they always recover it against us.

I laughed at the onside kick call, but it's Pete Carroll, and part of me liked it cuz it's so unheard of in that situation.

BillsImpossible
09-13-2015, 02:56 PM
Rams win in OT.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2015, 03:00 PM
What was awful about it?

If they recover and score, they win.

They gave up a FG and all they had to do was get in FG range to keep playing, and they couldn't it.

It was a gutsy, good call that didn't work out for them but it hardly lost them the game.

The Natrix
09-13-2015, 03:29 PM
Seattle has a solid, experienced defense. Kick it deep and get after Foles.

What is the onsides kick conversion rate in the last 5 years? Maybe 4%? It's like hitting a 3 outer on the river in hold em.

So they are basically giving St Louis the ball at midfield.

Terrible call.

If it was a good call, wouldn't it be tried more often in that senario?

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2015, 03:41 PM
3 for 13...over 4 ypc. #FredEx

ParanoidAndroid
09-13-2015, 03:44 PM
On another note, the Rams stadium was like half-empty for their home opener. That's god awful.

Typ0
09-13-2015, 03:52 PM
Seattle has a solid, experienced defense. Kick it deep and get after Foles.

What is the onsides kick conversion rate in the last 5 years? Maybe 4%? It's like hitting a 3 outer on the river in hold em.

So they are basically giving St Louis the ball at midfield.

Terrible call.

If it was a good call, wouldn't it be tried more often in that senario?

actually when an onsides kick is used at times other than when it's clear there is going to be an onsides kick the conversion rate is over 50% I think.

The Natrix
09-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I looked up the stats and the success rates are higher than I thought.

It just seems like I never see successful kicks in the games I watch.

I still stand by that it was a very bad call.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-13-2015, 04:44 PM
I can't believe Seattle isn't taking more heat for that awful onside kick call.

I feel like it's been 5 years since I've even seen an NFL onside kick recovered by the kicking team.

Seattle only escaped the NFC championship game this January because they recovered on onside kick.

FWIW, the kicker claims it was a mistake.

imbondz
09-13-2015, 04:53 PM
On another note, the Rams stadium was like half-empty for their home opener. That's god awful.

I noticed that, against a huge division rival too. awful and why they'll be the LA Rams soon.

Mace
09-13-2015, 05:57 PM
It's odd how St. Louis has the hoodoo over Seattle, but they do.

BertSquirtgum
09-13-2015, 06:00 PM
What was the point of this thread exactly? Are you laughing at one of the classiest people to play on the Bills because his current team lost? Douche bag move if so.

Skooby
09-13-2015, 06:58 PM
What was the point of this thread exactly? Are you laughing at one of the classiest people to play on the Bills because his current team lost? Douche bag move if so.

Discussing Bills player's moves and how they are doing, versus the Bills without them and doing better. If the Bills winning without him is douching, then dunk me in vinegar.

BertSquirtgum
09-13-2015, 07:08 PM
Fred certainly would have played better the boobs dixon today. He ****ing blows.

Skooby
09-13-2015, 07:19 PM
Fred certainly would have played better the boobs dixon today. He ****ing blows.
I'll totally agree with that but part of his runs were to just keep the clock running in obvious run situations.

How many Colts we're the box when Karlos went through ?? There wasn't even anyone in the secondary was there ?