PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Difference Maker On Sunday Was Tyrod Taylor

BillsImpossible
09-13-2015, 02:53 PM
14 for 19, 195 yards, 1 huge TD pass, zero picks and 42 rushing yards to lead the team in rushing and passing.

Zero sacks, and a convincing win over the Colts.

Taylor extended the Bills offensive drives with his feet and his arm.

imbondz
09-13-2015, 02:57 PM
He made excellent decisions too on when to run and when not to. Enjoyed watching him play and even more excited once he gets the ball to Sammy.

Thurmal
09-13-2015, 03:00 PM
Gilmore and Darby were the players of the game. Held Hilton and Johnson in check, despite having Graham and Rambo knocked out within minutes of the game starting.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2015, 03:01 PM
Darby played an exceptional game especially with how bad he looked in preseason.

And Andrew Luck looked like crap overall which is exactly how the Colts are, if he's good they win, if he's bad they lose.

djjimkelly
09-13-2015, 03:08 PM
id say this game win is on the bills defense just stellar

taylor did what was asked very well

Mace
09-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Darby played an exceptional game especially with how bad he looked in preseason.

And Andrew Luck looked like crap overall which is exactly how the Colts are, if he's good they win, if he's bad they lose.

Luck and the Colts are only consistently good against their own division though.

Thing I liked most about Taylor is how consistent and poised he was. He wasn't out of his element and iffy play to play like I've gotten used to with Bills QB's. The guy looks like he's been starting a while and used to it. Has some cool to him, no erratic. Real good sign imho.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2015, 03:29 PM
Luck and the Colts are only consistently good against their own division though.

Thing I liked most about Taylor is how consistent and poised he was. He wasn't out of his element and iffy play to play like I've gotten used to with Bills QB's. The guy looks like he's been starting a while and used to it. Has some cool to him, no erratic. Real good sign imho.

And the Seahawks are only consistently good at home. That stuff doesn't really matter in the big picture of things.

If Luck plays well the Colts tend to win, if he doesn't play well they lose. So the way you beat them is to make Luck look bad. Which the Bills did a good job of doing today.

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2015, 03:32 PM

^ this. He didn't look out of his element, made good choices, and would have had Sammy for a TD if he had take a little zip off that ball, which imo can be at least partly attributed to lack of time playing together (which bodes well as he gets more reps with him)

starrymessenger
09-14-2015, 10:03 AM
Tyrod has put down a good foundation. Now he needs to start nailing it down for good. I think there's a better than 50% chance he can do that and as he gains more experience using his weapons in real time the potential is there for a very productive and diversified offence. It should be able to grind out the first downs but with big that play potential at any time that opposing Ds have to account for or get badly burned. I expect the Bills O to connect on a couple of big plays on every outing. They should be very hard to defend.

Forward_Lateral
09-14-2015, 10:11 AM
Tyrod played great, but the difference maker was the Defense. There's no way they win if the D doesn't play lights out for most of the game.

psubills62
09-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Just something to note, last year Indy scored 14 points or less in one game - against Dallas. They scored < 20 points only twice, with 17 points against Houston (won 17-10). Both of those games happened within the last 3 games of 2014, so may have been affected by injuries or other things.

Basically, a lot of credit to the defense for shutting down Indy the way they did.

Night Train
09-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Just something to note, last year Indy scored 14 points or less in one game - against Dallas. They scored < 20 points only twice, with 17 points against Houston (won 17-10). Both of those games happened within the last 3 games of 2014, so may have been affected by injuries or other things.

Basically, a lot of credit to the defense for shutting down Indy the way they did.

Bodes well for our next game. Cover Gronk and see what else they can do.

Luisito23
09-14-2015, 03:26 PM
the difference maker was the Defense. There's no way they win if the D doesn't play lights out for most of the game.

And we didn't even play with Dareus.

Topas
09-14-2015, 03:38 PM
No, the best player on the field was Schmidt. Albeit his position does not has as much impact as QB, but he was awesome.