PDA

View Full Version : Taylor'a stats skewed because of the big lead

Skooby
09-13-2015, 03:04 PM
We took our foot off the gas because of the big lead, so everything being equal we'd probably would of seen better stats for TT if not playing it safe for the win.

USC_Gamecock
09-13-2015, 03:05 PM
zero ****s given about stats

Team had a great win today -- that's all that matters.

notacon
09-13-2015, 03:43 PM
We took our foot off the gas because of the big lead, so everything being equal we'd probably would of seen better stats for TT if not playing it safe for the win.

His stats were just fine, thank you.

14/19 195 yrds 1 TD 0 INT passe rating 123.79

That is a stellar outing for just about any QB. Especially a first time starter.

Wait until the Total QBR comes out tomorrow. He'll be one of the top QB's in the league.

Skooby
09-13-2015, 03:55 PM
His stats were just fine, thank you.

14/19 195 (tel:14/19 195) yrds 1 TD 0 INT passe rating 123.79

That is a stellar outing for just about any QB. Especially a first time starter.

Wait until the Total QBR comes out tomorrow. He'll be one of the top QB's in the league.

I didn't say they were bad, I'm saying they could of been better if we didn't play it safe.

don137
09-13-2015, 04:18 PM
I don't have too much of a problem of them going conservative in second half. Don't want to give too much film to Patriots

BrianCarr
09-13-2015, 06:51 PM
We took our foot off the gas because of the big lead, so everything being equal we'd probably would of seen better stats for TT if not playing it safe for the win.That's why you cant just look at the stat sheet when analyzing a game, you actually have to watch it. Luck had more yards because our defense let him have the underneath stuff, tackle, and run the clock.

Stats are for fantasy football geeks, impotent sports commentators and losers.

notacon
09-13-2015, 07:01 PM
I didn't say they were bad, I'm saying they could of been better if we didn't play it safe.

I disagree. A 123.79 passer rating is pretty stellar.

Certainly, the lead helped with the lack of chances and risks that had to be taken. But, that's the type of game that Rex has in store for this team...and that is the result of very, very good QB play, especially in the first half.

Rex Ryan football...Great defense....solid running game....limit mistakes at QB...win lots of games.

Skooby
09-13-2015, 07:06 PM
I disagree. A 123.79 passer rating is pretty stellar.

Certainly, the lead helped with the lack of chances and risks that had to be taken. But, that's the type of game that Rex has in store for this team...and that is the result of very, very good QB play, especially in the first half.

Rex Ryan football...Great defense....solid running game....limit mistakes at QB...win lots of games.

First half and first series of the second half we rocked. We went up 24-0 & then we turned it all off for safety sake. We didn't pour it on or let any other aspect of our potentials out. We barely used Sammy, didn't even run it that much.

BrianCarr
09-13-2015, 07:16 PM
First half and first series of the second half we rocked. We went up 24-0 & then we turned it all off for safety sake. We didn't pour it on or let any other aspect of our potentials out. We barely used Sammy, didn't even run it that much.Vontae Davis is pretty much a shutdown. You are making a mistake if you force it to his side.

Taylor took what the defense gave him, we ran to eat clock and let our defense preserve the win.

YardRat
09-13-2015, 07:44 PM
If that's what winning with skewed stats is like, I'll take them every Sunday.

GreedoII
09-14-2015, 08:56 AM

What's really the point of this comment? They won. Pretty decisively. Just a weird comment....

sdbillsfan2
09-14-2015, 09:06 AM
Whats up with the stat crap? The team walked away with an impressive win. The only stat that matters is the "W". Winners aren't concerned with stats , just like a good poster shouldn't be hung up on rep or zone bucks..

wmoz11
09-14-2015, 09:16 AM
10 YPA for Tyrod vs. 5 YPA for Luck. Beautiful.

14-16 passing when the outcome was in doubt.

At least 2 big plays called back on bogus penalties.

sukie
09-14-2015, 09:19 AM
How about inside the redzone or were there only a few trips inside?

psubills62
09-14-2015, 09:24 AM
What's wrong with his stats?

For what we need a QB to do, his stats are perfectly fine.

Meathead
09-14-2015, 10:52 AM
How about inside the redzone?

ty and percy: we don need no steenking redzone

sukie
09-14-2015, 11:04 AM
Against an NFL defense he'll need to perform in the redzone

trapezeus
09-14-2015, 11:12 AM
i think the purpose of the thread is that the numbers don't stand out, but he played a great game. 195 yards on 20 PA can read losman-like efforts.

but if you watched the game, you also saw the bills didn't have any 3 and outs (until the kneel downs). they let their defense rest. He didn't have any noticable, "why would you throw that there at this point of the game?" throws. I liked what i saw out of him. but yes, he'll need to have some 300 yards games in him to go from "good game manager" to "we've got a legit qb" and he'll have to just show this game's level of leadership and production consistently.

i like what we got thus far.

gebobs
09-14-2015, 11:14 AM
How about inside the redzone or were there only a few trips inside?

Only one that I know of where Boobie scored.

gebobs
09-14-2015, 11:16 AM
At least 2 big plays called back on bogus penalties.

I only remember the bogus chop called on Clay.

Skooby
09-14-2015, 11:19 AM
i think the purpose of the thread is that the numbers don't stand out, but he played a great game. 195 yards on 20 PA can read losman-like efforts.

but if you watched the game, you also saw the bills didn't have any 3 and outs (until the kneel downs). they let their defense rest. He didn't have any noticable, "why would you throw that there at this point of the game?" throws. I liked what i saw out of him. but yes, he'll need to have some 300 yards games in him to go from "good game manager" to "we've got a legit qb" and he'll have to just show this game's level of leadership and production consistently.

This is exactly what I was saying, thanks for making it clear to the masses. There's no complaints, except that the numbers past the scoreboard don't tell the tale.

- - - Updated - - -

This is exactly what I was saying, thanks for making it clear to the masses. There's no complaints, except that the numbers past the scoreboard don't tell the tale.