• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Back From The Game - Observations

27-14 . All wins are fantastic. Great way to start 2015.

Miserable weather for the last 3 quarters.

Tyrod Taylor made some big plays and did what the coaches hoped he would. Very poised and played smart football.

Roman got too cute with the playcalling early, then called better plays that were very effective.

Too many penalties and in addition the refs seemed to favor the Colts with a couple blatant gifts.

You can bring the Beast moniker back out of storage and give it to Karlos Williams.

D did bend but didn't break against Luck and the coverage improved every quarter.

Chuck Pagano throws that many times in the rain and abandons the run ? Not impressed with him at all. Dumb coaching.

No issues with the Bills kicking game. Gay just crushed the ball on kickoffs. Wind was blowing hard from the scoreboard towards the tunnel endzone.

Who was the nitwit who said we should cut Harvin ?

Op and his "reality check" prediction of the Colts winning 38-3. The Cricket channel is 806 on Fios.

Bring on the Pats. Plenty of work to do but this team is good and still has a ton of upside.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Re: Back From The Game - Observations

DId he really say 38 - 3? Oh my God, that's a reverse homer doom-and-gloom prediction.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I said it to every before the game if the Colts run the ball down our throats they have a chance. But they're too arrogant and it's Luck's team which means they'll throw like crazy and that plays into the Bills hands.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

The crowd was LOUD.

Great win. Kudos to the staff and the entire team, but especially Rambo (replacing Graham after the first play), Butler (replacing Darby for a lot of the second half) and Carpenter for returning to 'Money' status.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Really nice win to start. Still shaking my head that we were bleeding clock against a playoff team before the 4th quarter even came up. It seemed so crucial to get this first win, given that we start out against two tough teams at home. Going 0-2 during that stretch would have been really tough to come back from during the year.

It's only one game, but we scored 6 more points than our average PPG last year, and held Indy to 1/2 of their PPG average from last year.

Looking forward to hopefully a really good game next week too.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
          X