PDA

View Full Version : So Tyrod Taylor is a gamer, eh?

ghz in pittsburgh
09-13-2015, 06:04 PM
No incredible stats, and I believe the coaches will continue to rein him in through game plan and calls, but it just re-enforces my belief that the guy has "it". I completely agree with Rex's explanation that Tyrod has the presence of the pocket, like the opposition QB who despite numerous blitzes, hardly sacked today.

I want to point out two plays from Tyrod. 1st is the fumbled snap. Most QB would dive on it. Tyrod, being so aware of the pocket, calmly picked it up and started running to make something out of a disaster. 2nd is the tipped ball that he batted down. Just shows you a QB with the "it" factor always knows the best thing to do at any moment. By the way, I don't know what Karlos is thinking on that play, he's not ready to carry the 3rd down duty. Without Jackson, I think they should use Felton/McCoy in those situations.

I do want to give a shout out to Karlos though. He's best running back on the field today in my opinion.

emoulds80
09-13-2015, 06:08 PM
hes a faster taller version of doug flutie imo... i think hes gonna be really good. fyi, i still like ejs potential and we need to hang onto him for his contract imo. got a tough challenge in the sb champs next week....

BertSquirtgum
09-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Tyrod was boom shaka laka today in the first three quarters and then Roman pulled the reigns on him and he looked like poop. He looked nervous trying not to make mistakes. Somebody definitely said, whatever you do, don't fumble or throw and interception. Looked like he was thinking too much instead of just playing the game in the 4th quarter.

YardRat
09-13-2015, 06:11 PM
Played a solid yet unspectacular game today (except for the pretty bomb to Harvin, and big scramble in the third quarter) and protected the ball. I'll take that every week.

Mace
09-13-2015, 06:14 PM
I have to admit I was no fan of him, and he impressed me today. Looked smart, poised, confident, and aware. Heh, I loved it. Last year, even Orton looked like he was running on instinct. Been a while since I've seen a Bills QB actually appear to have a thoughtful command of the offense with the skills to back it up. He's going to have his rough moments ahead, but I'm liking this guy more and more.

BertSquirtgum
09-13-2015, 06:14 PM
Played a solid yet unspectacular game today (except for the pretty bomb to Harvin, and big scramble in the third quarter) and protected the ball. I'll take that every week.

Horse****. He played great in the first three quarters. Admit it.

jimmifli
09-13-2015, 06:17 PM

The D was better than I expected. I can't wait for Marcel to return.

Skooby
09-13-2015, 06:21 PM
Brady's first start, He completed 13 of 23 passes for 168 yards, no touchdowns and no interceptions.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-13-2015, 06:31 PM
I think the Roman's game plan was run. But the Colts did a better job than I expected especially back side pursuit, though I'd attribute a lot on McCoy's penchant for dancing instead of hitting what you see like Karlos. Once they found out the Colts were keying on the run, they opened up and airing out in the 2nd quarter. Once they have the big lead and it took Colts 9 minutes to get their 1st TD, I think Rex wanted to go conservative and rely on the defense.

I don't know we can do that against Brady next week just sitting on lead.

HHURRICANE
09-13-2015, 06:42 PM
Tyrod slapping that deflected ball was a bigger play than people realize.

I'm really impressed with this kid.

MikeInRoch
09-13-2015, 06:46 PM
He had a lot of good plays. One of my favorites that may be overlooked was this one:

(1:33) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short left to 10-R.Woods to IND 48 for 15 yards (33-D.Lowery). Caught at BUF 45, slanting to middle.

Perfectly thrown, easily converted the third down.

Blondie
09-13-2015, 06:47 PM
I like his outfit he was wearing after the game for his interview.. Good stuff! :D

YardRat
09-13-2015, 07:56 PM
Horse****. He played great in the first three quarters. Admit it.

I'm not taking anything away from him, I give him a ton of credit. I like the workman-like performance with a couple of big plays sprinkled in and no turnovers...that's how QB's get the rep as winners.

ct bills fan
09-13-2015, 08:14 PM
His play was excellent. Not sure what some of you want? He was handcuffed by a few holding calls and unnecessary roughness calls, had only 5 incompletes, had no turnovers and almost doubled Luck's qb rating. He also had little running game to work with and ran for 40+ yards. If he plays to this elite level every week, we won't be beat. Today's game wasn't even close.

emoulds80
09-13-2015, 08:32 PM
the game plan is simple, conservative o, take a few shots deep with watkins and harvin.... and rely on the great d...

if tyrod plays like he did today like the previous poster said, we wont lose a game. we had a ton of penalties. should have been 41-7

Discotrish
09-13-2015, 10:44 PM
He did not make a lot of mistakes, which is huge.

It's easy to visualize this same game as an EJ Manuel loss.

Patti

Cleve
09-14-2015, 07:10 AM
Tyrod slapping that deflected ball was a bigger play than people realize.

I'm really impressed with this kid.

Yup - that could have been a game changer if Indy intercepted. I was very impressed by his quick reaction and presence of mind to do so (swat it down).

psubills62
09-14-2015, 07:22 AM
I'm a fan of his play against Indy. Looked a lot more poised than I expected, threw a great ball. Even his "short" passes (e.g. the first pass to McCoy), which were often thrown with a guy in his face, were on target and set up the runner for YAC.

That said, I will be interested to see how he plays as the season progresses. Will he still be playing well 10 or 12 games in, when teams have a lot of tape on him? I really hope so.

Pinkerton Security
09-14-2015, 07:29 AM
He throws a nice ball - nice tight spirals, on target for the most part (at least yesterday). Color me impressed in his poise, however the more teams see him the more they're going to know how to attack his weaknesses. I also expect a few more read option runs as well, hes damn good running the ball.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-14-2015, 07:48 AM
He did not make a lot of mistakes, which is huge.

It's easy to visualize this same game as an EJ Manuel loss.

Patti

No need to bashing EJ just because Tyrod played well. It will be a completely different game plan if EJ were the starter. On record I'd say EJ would deliver the same 51 yarder to Harvin and might connect to Watkins on the long one that Tyrod missed. But EJ is no where near the pocket awareness Tyrod showed based on what we know ofEJ's past and in the preseason. So I would say EJ would not do so many little subtle things as well as Tyrod had throughout the game.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-14-2015, 07:57 AM
He throws a nice ball - nice tight spirals, on target for the most part (at least yesterday). Color me impressed in his poise, however the more teams see him the more they're going to know how to attack his weaknesses. I also expect a few more read option runs as well, hes damn good running the ball.

I think the Harvin pass was actually a bit wobbly one but get the job done -- though for nitpicking, if it were the same spiral like his missed pass to Watkins later in the game, Harvin would not have to dive for the ball and the defender would have absolutely no chance at all.

The Watkins long throw was a nice tight spin. But he may have not miss judged Watkins' speed due to lack of practice time between them in camp. Harvin in Watkins' position would get to that ball. I know both Harvin and Sammy have the same 40 time officially, but most NFL people had some unofficial times where Harvin had inside 4.30 for 40 yard dash.

Typ0
09-14-2015, 09:11 AM
No need to bashing EJ just because Tyrod played well. It will be a completely different game plan if EJ were the starter. On record I'd say EJ would deliver the same 51 yarder to Harvin and might connect to Watkins on the long one that Tyrod missed. But EJ is no where near the pocket awareness Tyrod showed based on what we know ofEJ's past and in the preseason. So I would say EJ would not do so many little subtle things as well as Tyrod had throughout the game.

EJ would have thrown half of the screens and short passes into the dirt or over the guys head!

Maybe not in the future though if he does the work we might just have two young good QBs on the roster.

sukie
09-14-2015, 09:17 AM
Not seeing the game being in a Delta aircraft leaving Buf fro FLL... How waere the Bills inside the redzone? The 51 yard bomb was sweet but what happened inside the 20?

ticatfan
09-14-2015, 09:47 AM
You have a keeper. He played well and is going to get better. Up in the CFL, it has been the yr of the rookie-back up QB. So maybe the same thing is happening in the south.