X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

So Tyrod Taylor is a gamer, eh?

No incredible stats, and I believe the coaches will continue to rein him in through game plan and calls, but it just re-enforces my belief that the guy has "it". I completely agree with Rex's explanation that Tyrod has the presence of the pocket, like the opposition QB who despite numerous blitzes, hardly sacked today.

I want to point out two plays from Tyrod. 1st is the fumbled snap. Most QB would dive on it. Tyrod, being so aware of the pocket, calmly picked it up and started running to make something out of a disaster. 2nd is the tipped ball that he batted down. Just shows you a QB with the "it" factor always knows the best thing to do at any moment. By the way, I don't know what Karlos is thinking on that play, he's not ready to carry the 3rd down duty. Without Jackson, I think they should use Felton/McCoy in those situations.

I do want to give a shout out to Karlos though. He's best running back on the field today in my opinion.
  • emoulds80
    Veteran Zoner
    • Apr 2015

Re: So Tyrod Taylor is a gamer, eh?

hes a faster taller version of doug flutie imo... i think hes gonna be really good. fyi, i still like ejs potential and we need to hang onto him for his contract imo. got a tough challenge in the sb champs next week....

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

Tyrod was boom shaka laka today in the first three quarters and then Roman pulled the reigns on him and he looked like poop. He looked nervous trying not to make mistakes. Somebody definitely said, whatever you do, don't fumble or throw and interception. Looked like he was thinking too much instead of just playing the game in the 4th quarter.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Played a solid yet unspectacular game today (except for the pretty bomb to Harvin, and big scramble in the third quarter) and protected the ball. I'll take that every week.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

I have to admit I was no fan of him, and he impressed me today. Looked smart, poised, confident, and aware. Heh, I loved it. Last year, even Orton looked like he was running on instinct. Been a while since I've seen a Bills QB actually appear to have a thoughtful command of the offense with the skills to back it up. He's going to have his rough moments ahead, but I'm liking this guy more and more.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Played a solid yet unspectacular game today (except for the pretty bomb to Harvin, and big scramble in the third quarter) and protected the ball. I'll take that every week.
            Horse****. He played great in the first three quarters. Admit it.

Comment

• jimmifli
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              The D was better than I expected. I can't wait for Marcel to return.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Brady's first start, He completed 13 of 23 passes for 168 yards, no touchdowns and no interceptions.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

I think the Roman's game plan was run. But the Colts did a better job than I expected especially back side pursuit, though I'd attribute a lot on McCoy's penchant for dancing instead of hitting what you see like Karlos. Once they found out the Colts were keying on the run, they opened up and airing out in the 2nd quarter. Once they have the big lead and it took Colts 9 minutes to get their 1st TD, I think Rex wanted to go conservative and rely on the defense.

I don't know we can do that against Brady next week just sitting on lead.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Tyrod slapping that deflected ball was a bigger play than people realize.

I'm really impressed with this kid.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                      • Sep 2003

He had a lot of good plays. One of my favorites that may be overlooked was this one:

(1:33) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short left to 10-R.Woods to IND 48 for 15 yards (33-D.Lowery). Caught at BUF 45, slanting to middle.

Perfectly thrown, easily converted the third down.
                      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Blondie
                        Smarter than most men here :-)
                        • Aug 2012

I like his outfit he was wearing after the game for his interview.. Good stuff!
                        I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                          Horse****. He played great in the first three quarters. Admit it.
                          I'm not taking anything away from him, I give him a ton of credit. I like the workman-like performance with a couple of big plays sprinkled in and no turnovers...that's how QB's get the rep as winners.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ct bills fan
                            • Jul 2002

His play was excellent. Not sure what some of you want? He was handcuffed by a few holding calls and unnecessary roughness calls, had only 5 incompletes, had no turnovers and almost doubled Luck's qb rating. He also had little running game to work with and ran for 40+ yards. If he plays to this elite level every week, we won't be beat. Today's game wasn't even close.

Comment

• emoulds80
                              Veteran Zoner
                              • Apr 2015

the game plan is simple, conservative o, take a few shots deep with watkins and harvin.... and rely on the great d...

if tyrod plays like he did today like the previous poster said, we wont lose a game. we had a ton of penalties. should have been 41-7

Comment

Working...
                              X