PDA

View Full Version : The refs tried hard to give Indy the win.

OpIv37
09-13-2015, 08:18 PM
The chop block call on Clay was utter crap and even the anouncers agreed.

On the fumble that went out of bounds, there was a phantom face mask call that no one could find.

After the first INT by Buffalo, there was a phantom personal foul.

Then Indy gets the running into the kicker call whereas we didn't on a virtually identical play.

None of this matters because Indy didn't show up today, but what if they had? What if NE is up by 3 and we have the ball and start getting calls like that next week?

Meathead
09-13-2015, 08:25 PM
on the chop block im pretty sure i heard the ref say something about the first guy 'lured' the defender while the other went low. has anyone ever heard about this 'lured' thing before? my understanding is that the first blocker actually has to engage to block first. do we really want refs to be interpreting when a blocker 'lures' a defender? not sure i want to open that can of worms but at least it would explain the use of the word 'lure'

justasportsfan
09-13-2015, 08:27 PM
The are giving the game to the Cowboys

paladin warrior
09-13-2015, 08:29 PM
You are 100% right

lavuuk153
09-13-2015, 08:32 PM
It'd be nice if the NFL had a few ill timed penalties go against NE next week as another slap in this WWE level pissing match going on between them.

THRILLHO
09-13-2015, 08:32 PM
I was watching on mute and wondered what was up with that fumble debacle. And I sure noticed the punts also. It definitely had a 'Patriots' feel with the flags flying against us as the game was getting close to the end.

Scumbag College
09-13-2015, 08:39 PM

I was just thinking that after the big third down phantom PI against DRC...that was perfect coverage and just gave Dallas at least four points.

ICRockets
09-13-2015, 08:42 PM
I don't agree with the running into the kicker flag we got, but that doesn't change the fact that the Colts defender VERY clearly was blocked into Colton Schmidt. Come on, guys.

Mike
09-13-2015, 08:44 PM
It's not just Bills games
Refs are ruining football
Just now refs called Pass interference on DRC effectively giving cowboys a TD. Multiple times today, in countless games the Refs are effecting the result of the game on bad calls.

Mike
09-13-2015, 08:46 PM
Give everything an Extra Challenge per Game and let them challenge ANY Call.

Challange would go 'upstairs' who will make final decision.

OpIv37
09-13-2015, 08:50 PM
Give everything an Extra Challenge per Game and let them challenge ANY Call.

Challange would go 'upstairs' who will make final decision.

Except that Bob Kraft would use his pull to get the office that makes the final decision put in Boston and he'd hire two drunken micks from Southie to man it and we'd still never get a call.

Ginger Vitis
09-13-2015, 08:55 PM
None of this matters because Indy didn't show up today,

You probably think every time the Bills win the other team didnt show up lol

Mike
09-13-2015, 08:55 PM
Except that Bob Kraft would use his pull to get the office that makes the final decision put in Boston and he'd hire two drunken micks from Southie to man it and we'd still never get a call.

Would you prefer not to have any challenge system?

HHURRICANE
09-13-2015, 08:57 PM
Those bad calls probably took at least, let's say, 38 points off the board for the Colts?

OpIv37
09-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Those bad calls probably took at least, let's say, 38 points off the board for the Colts?

Now, where could you have possibly gotten that number?

Well played.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2015, 09:39 PM

Nah, Eli decided to do that on his own.

Mike
09-13-2015, 09:46 PM
People are going to second guess the coaches for their decision to pass on 3rd & goal.

Personally, I would have ran it and gone for it on 4th.

Play call was Ok.... Problem really is that the Giants Defense couldn't stop the Cowboys from driving down and scoring a TD. Blame poor execution & poor D.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-13-2015, 10:16 PM
It's not just Bills games
Refs are ruining football
Just now refs called Pass interference on DRC effectively giving cowboys a TD. Multiple times today, in countless games the Refs are effecting the result of the game on bad calls.

People are going to second guess the coaches for their decision to pass on 3rd & goal.

Personally, I would have ran it and gone for it on 4th.

Play call was Ok.... Problem really is that the Giants Defense couldn't stop the Cowboys from driving down and scoring a TD. Blame poor execution & poor D.

On Eli's 3rd and Goal play the Cowboy defender was absolutely mugging the intended receiver. Like, both hands with fistfuls of jersey. The refs swallowed their whistle there when they could have handed New York the game.

And if Eli had been smart enough to just take a knee when his first option wasn't open, the Cowboys would have been left with barely a minute of gametime and no timeouts. They wouldn't have been able to work the middle of the field and if they had, they would have had to clock the ball between plays.

Discotrish
09-13-2015, 10:39 PM

On the fumble that went out of bounds, there was a phantom face mask call that no one could find.

Then Indy gets the running into the kicker call whereas we didn't on a virtually identical play.

None of this matters because Indy didn't show up today, but what if they had? What if NE is up by 3 and we have the ball and start getting calls like that next week?

Don't forget the completely unnecessary late hit toward the end. It didn't affect the outcome, but it could have.

Patti

feldspar
09-13-2015, 11:45 PM
Yeah, there were huge momentum changers based on complete bogus calls...some phantom calls too where they didn't even identify the player who supposedly committed the foul.

I completely agree, and it was pissing me off.

Gave them points, really...gave them another chance...all based on complete BS.

Could have cost us the game even though we had that lead, really. You never know.

YardRat
09-14-2015, 04:09 AM
I thought the facemask and roughing Luck were legit (as was the non-call on Schmitt, already pointed out by IC). The running into the punter on Indy was moot, because it wouldn't have given them a first down and was declined anyway, but it was a terrible call...Boobie never touched him. The chop block and phantom personal foul were bull**** too. At least we played well enough yesterday to overcome the bad ones.

Forward_Lateral
09-14-2015, 04:18 AM
The only facemask I saw on that play was the runner grabbing whoever was tackling him (Brown?) by the facemask. I didn't see the tackler do anything to warrant a penalty. Also, if the runner has his hand on the defender's facemask, isn't that supposed to be a penalty now?

bdutton
09-14-2015, 04:23 AM

I agree with everything except the hitting the kicker. When the Bills punter got knocked down it was because the colts player was blocked/pushed into our kicker .

trapezeus
09-14-2015, 07:12 AM
the colts made a lot of penalties early and had positive plays called back. i agree there were some confusing calls like roughing the kicker and the 15 yard penalty on hughes after the INT, and the 15 yard call that they didn't show on the fumble.

if the refs were bad or not (overall it felt over legislated and that there were a lot of flags throughout the day), the bills responded. a lot of 1st and 25's, 1 and 15s and they would run a play to make second down managable. To me, that's a sign of an improved offense.

The O didn't have a gaudy day, but they did a lot of the small things right. they supported a good defensive outing, they took chances down field, and they didn't commit turnovers. The whole thing has to be better throughout the season, but for an offense that had so many preseason injuries, i'll take that performance for week 1.