• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Tyrod - all the throws in the Colts game

Kudos to Mikey Mo.

I do want to point out that his screens and short throws to McCoy have a very nice touch. (Something we haven't seen in Buffalo for a long time, EJ was really bad in that department, even in this preseason. Fitz was also dropping those passes all over the place).
    Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 09-14-2015, 08:23 AM.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Tyrod - all the throws in the Colts game

what I like about his throws is that it gets there quick enough that his receivers can run after the catch and they aren't hanging in the air that they get killed.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

It was one game but god damn we haven't had good QB play here in so long it's hard to even remember what it looks like! Our coaches went out and actually did something for the QB position.

Comment

• wmoz11
        • Sep 2008

He was quick to get down when he noticed a play was broken and the extra 2 or 3 yards aren't worth it. I was very impressed with that.

That throw to Woods on 3rd and 8 on the opening drive of the 2nd half was incredible, given that he was getting smacked in the mouth. (Watkins was dragging across wide open underneath, but I doubt he saw him with the pressure in his face).

Another thing I noticed at more of a macro level was that our receivers were open both frequently and by a lot; lots of separation. Goes to show the scheme and talent we have are shining through.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by wmoz11 View Post

That throw to Woods on 3rd and 8 on the opening drive of the 2nd half was incredible, given that he was getting smacked in the mouth. (Watkins was dragging across wide open underneath, but I doubt he saw him with the pressure in his face).
          I'd attribute it to Taylor being a vet (4 years behind Flacco). You can throw short to Watkins and hope he makes pass 1st down mark. But Woods is already passed the 1st down mark. If you believe you can make that throw. you would go with what he did. Of course I'd not claim that he saw Watkins though.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
            • Aug 2013

He did every single thing you could want him to do out there. What a tremendous performance. I'm looking forward to a time when the defense is not playing as well and he has to pull out a gutsy win. I couldn't be more confident in him based on his performance so far despite it being one game.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

But,but,but..he's a running QB only.

I read it on the internet this spring !
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Gibby
                • Jun 2006

As I have said else where on here, good first start. I liked what I saw so far. I saw a guy who completed passes of short, medium, and long range, I saw a guy who could tuck it and run, but didn't make that his primary choice, and I saw a guy who turned one possibly bad play (the fumble) into a good gain. That shows poise and builds confidence with his team mates. I saw good decisions in the pocket. I know Bellicheat has an evil scheme cooked up so I will take a wait and see approach on is he finally at long last our answer until after he plays the Pats.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

On a few plays he waited to throw the ball beyond 3 seconds after the snap but he had the room to do so. I want to see if he continues the solid pocket awareness against a better pass rush. Overall he had great pocket presence.

Very nice touch on his throws overall. I'd like to see more intermediate and deep throws on the tree. NE is classically questionable in the secondary so we may see him throwing downfield more in this game.

Comment

Working...
                  X