PDA

View Full Version : I always like Barnwell's writing even though he picked the Bills to pick top 10 2016

ghz in pittsburgh
09-14-2015, 10:08 AM
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/time-after-time-a-look-at-week-1-in-the-nfl/

Ryan sent 26 blitzes after Luck on Sunday, eventually backing off once the game wasn’t close.

Now the devil is in the detail as he explained in the article, something I noticed too yesterday: virtually all the blitzes are from the middle. They don't want to let Luck being able to step up in the pocket, even though the blitz does not produce many sacks.

Guess what, next week when the Pats coming into town, Tom Brady is even more so depended on the pocket and being able to step up. Brady is not going to do any throws on the run or away from the pocket. From the outside looking in, I have to say it will be similar blitzing in the middle against Pats rookie interior. But Brady has Gronk and his game is more of 5, 6 yard pass RAC variety. So it will be harder to disrupt his rhythm and timing.

The Bills will have Dareus back. It will be interesting to see what Rex uses Dareus. Just remember last year, Schwartz's 4 men rush didn't really stopping Brady .

starrymessenger
09-14-2015, 10:57 AM
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/time-after-time-a-look-at-week-1-in-the-nfl/

Ryan sent 26 blitzes after Luck on Sunday, eventually backing off once the game wasn’t close.

Now the devil is in the detail as he explained in the article, something I noticed too yesterday: virtually all the blitzes are from the middle. They don't want to let Luck being able to step up in the pocket, even though the blitz does not produce many sacks.

Guess what, next week when the Pats coming into town, Tom Brady is even more so depended on the pocket and being able to step up. Brady is not going to do any throws on the run or away from the pocket. From the outside looking in, I have to say it will be similar blitzing in the middle against Pats rookie interior. But Brady has Gronk and his game is more of 5, 6 yard pass RAC variety. So it will be harder to disrupt his rhythm and timing.

The Bills will have Dareus back. It will be interesting to see what Rex uses Dareus. Just remember last year, Schwartz's 4 men rush didn't really stopping Brady .

With Dareus, who is great at collapsing the pocket with pressure up the middle, I tend to think Rex will use the same basic strategy. I'm really interested in how he will deal with Gronk. I have to think he will try and do what Pitt was supposed to do but didn't. Get physical with him off the line to throw his timing off with support from a safety in case he beats the press or is otherwise open for Brady to target. I wonder if Robey will be up to containing Edelman? Even if you can do all that it will be a tough matchup since Brady can find the soft spots even when you succeed in limiting his primary targets. Amendola? Chandler?

IlluminatusUIUC
09-14-2015, 10:59 AM
You don't want to use that tactic on Brady. It works on Luck because Luck will stay in the pocket waiting for his guys to get open deep, even if he takes a hit to do it. Brady will just throw 6 yard curls to Edelman and Chandler all day.

trapezeus
09-14-2015, 11:08 AM
throwing the timing off is key. if you hit brady, that's better. but if he can't read who is coming (like luck had issues since there were alot of sugar rushes), that may make some of those quick decisions the wrong decision and result in some TO or sacks.

better days
09-14-2015, 03:54 PM
I seem to remember the Bills doing pretty well against Brady the first half he played in the 2nd game last year.

This year, the Pats* OL is worse than it was...even the MEDIOCRE Steelers defense got to Brady.

I can't wait to see Brady & the Cheaters face teams like the Bills, Fins & Jets...teams with GOOD Defenses.

trapezeus
09-14-2015, 04:13 PM
if the bills are getting a rush from 4 guys, entirely possible with dareus back, the bills can drop 7 guys into various zone and man to man coverage. that should make the open seams that gronk sits in harder to get.

it will be interesting if the NFL is cracking down on the gronk pushoff this year in their general FU to the patriots. if that's the case, i would expect it hard for the pats to find their receivers. now on the other hand, if the same old BS calls like hughes getting 15 yards for tapping his own guy on the head after a critical early stop, or BS roughing calls, it will be next to impossible to beat the pats. and that's the story its been for 15 years.

i'm a little worried that the nfl will still protect the pats under any condition. and as a result, i don't expect a win. but if they do win, all of a sudden, the season got very interesting and the worries of old collapses and false starts start to melt away in my mind.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-14-2015, 05:29 PM
I seem to remember the Bills doing pretty well against Brady the first half he played in the 2nd game last year.

Meaningless game to Pats. What do you expect?