PDA

View Full Version : Hate to say it, rather have Kiko than McCoy

ghz in pittsburgh
09-14-2015, 05:27 PM
I still stand by that.

Joe Fo Sho
09-14-2015, 05:38 PM
Eh, I can understand that but our defense didn't miss him yesterday.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-14-2015, 05:45 PM
I would rather have FJax than McCoy, our D was fine, but I didn't think McCoy was worth all that much. Of course maybe he was the battering ram that was designed to wear down the Colts. Oh well, its all in the past and he did get a TD, and did nice things in the receiving game so all in all I can't really complain.

Meathead
09-14-2015, 05:48 PM
id rather have mccoy than both kiko and fred

EricStratton
09-14-2015, 05:52 PM
Kiko wasn't on the field for that drive.

Aggie
09-14-2015, 05:54 PM
McCoy had a 2.4ypc avg. I think that is the worst I have ever seen. I would rather have Spiller than McCoy, and I thought Spiller sucked.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-14-2015, 05:55 PM
McCoy had a 2.4ypc avg. I think that is the worst I have ever seen. I would rather have Spiller than McCoy, and I thought Spiller sucked.

let's not rush to judgement after one game. let's also not forget his catch and runs out of the backfield.

feldspar
09-14-2015, 06:06 PM
Kiko was my favorite Bill from the moment they drafted him...look it up.

But I'd rather accept the way things are. There is a give-and-take with that trade. I didn't see any deficiency at LB this week...did you? I didn't see the Bills do anything but take a big step forward last year with Kiko out to injury...did you?

It's a long year...and even a longer offseason.

Did you see that crazy INT Kiko had tonight against the Falcons in the endzone? That'll make the highlight reel for the entire year.

BillsImpossible
09-14-2015, 06:08 PM
Besides Tyrod Taylor's great passing game, what I liked the most about the Bills offense yesterday was their stubborn run game.

The Colts defense was playing to stop the run.

They didn't gain a lot of yards on the ground, but they pounded the ball 36 times, controlled the clock, and helped keep Luck off the field.

McCoy was playing at about 85%.

Taylor's passes to McCoy and Williams were plays of football beauty.

Mace
09-14-2015, 06:15 PM
Well, yeah, it's one game.

I think Alonso & Brown at LB are better than Brown & Bradham. I'm not sure Karlos and Jackson aren't better than McCoy & Karlos. And I'm not sure you can't get tailbacks yearly nowadays out of college if you just pay attention to your scouts. I think we paid too much for McCoy, even in his salary.

That said, Alonso & Jackson are gone. McCoy was not doing much a while with the hamstring. I'm ok with giving him a flyer on the week, he didn't pile up stats but he looked like he might yet, even surprised me by not dancing sideways a couple times but trying to plow ahead. I'm not a fan of getting McCoy all in all, but I'm pretty sure we'll see a lot more out of him over the season, yet, and he'll dazzle sometimes.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-14-2015, 06:26 PM
if we are gonna analyze every single alonso vs mccoy play, kiko just cost the team a potential game turning turnover with a penalty.

Night Train
09-14-2015, 06:33 PM
if we are gonna analyze every single alonso vs mccoy play, kiko just cost the team a potential game turning turnover with a penalty.

Followed on the next play by a Atlanta TD. Great penalty.

20-3 Atlanta. Chip Kelly. Super genius.

ckg927
09-14-2015, 07:02 PM
Followed on the next play by a Atlanta TD. Great penalty.

20-3 Atlanta. Chip Kelly. Super genius.

No...you've got to say it Wile E. Coyote style: Chip Kelly....SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER GEEEEEEEEEEEEEENIUS!

Meathead
09-14-2015, 07:04 PM
winnie the pooh lookin *****

Mace
09-14-2015, 07:13 PM
winnie the pooh lookin *****

I am not, I look more like an evil Eeyore.

Goobylal
09-14-2015, 08:56 PM
I doubt Kiko holds up.

BertSquirtgum
09-14-2015, 09:44 PM
I'd rather have shady and I loved kiko.

Buffalogic
09-14-2015, 09:47 PM
Kiko is living on borrowed time. The guy is way undersized. He'd be better suited as a slot wr.

Mike
09-14-2015, 09:59 PM
You guys are forgetting that McCoy got Paid

Its more like Kiko & $45M or McCoy

We could have had both Kiko & Murray instead of McCoy... Which I strongly preferred

IlluminatusUIUC
09-15-2015, 01:04 AM

We could have had both Kiko & Murray instead of McCoy... Which I strongly preferred

I didn't want Murray either, but that money could have gone a lot of other places. Cordy Glenn would have been my choice.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2015, 02:18 AM
Kiko is undersized and got knocked around the second half of 2013.

Watkins didn't sniff a ball yesterday so maybe he sucks too.

I promise by the end of the season this trade will look very lopsided in favor of the Bills.

BTW, CJ isn't playing and Fred had 13 yards of offense.

swiper
09-15-2015, 03:33 AM
LOL at all the hypocrites. Exactly 2 years ago there wasn't a person on this board that did n't absolutely love him. Now all the sudden he's under-sized and playing on borrowed time. This while your new beloved OC has a mess of an o-line that held back McCoy.

GreedoII
09-15-2015, 05:38 AM
I still stand by that.

Please... did you even think about Kiko sunday at any point when the D was stomping the Indy's ass???!! Kiko gets one pick and a nice one at that and people go crazy. Just stop....

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2015, 05:54 AM
I always like players who has "it" over physical measurements. Kiko has "it". It's well documented by various sources Kiko's instinct on plays is top notch.

If only we could go back to last year's draft where instead of Kouandijo, Whaley drafted Carlos Hyde which he tried to trade up for. Then there will be no Bryce Brown trade and probably no McCoy trade either. As it is right now, the Bryce Broan pick can easily net them someone capable as Kouandijo. And RBs Carlos and Karlos are a power duo.

better days
09-15-2015, 06:00 AM
LOL at all the hypocrites. Exactly 2 years ago there wasn't a person on this board that did n't absolutely love him. Now all the sudden he's under-sized and playing on borrowed time. This while your new beloved OC has a mess of an o-line that held back McCoy.

Two years ago, Kiko was healthy. He was injured before the start of last season & was not missed at all.

I believe that Rex & Doug know more than the fans.

And the Bills will continue to dominate with this mess of an OL.

bdutton
09-15-2015, 06:10 AM
It's just one game.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2015, 06:27 AM
I thought Kiko played great on a losing team. So did an overrated CJ.

I like winning so I don't miss them.

alohabillsfan
09-15-2015, 06:41 AM
typicial over reaction! I guess in your mind the bills should give Tyrod a contract extension and cut Sammy! Smh let it play out

justasportsfan
09-15-2015, 07:54 AM
the bills held last years no 3 ranked offense (colts) to half of what their average was last year, without Kiko.

The bills scored 7 more points than their team average last year.

I'll take a higher score than the opponent anytime even though I liked Kiko.

ParanoidAndroid
09-15-2015, 09:47 AM
I was surprised at how soft Kiko looked last night. He was repeatedly blocked out of plays by the TE. I watched one play where he was pushed 10 yards backwards on a run play he actually saw coming. I wanted to see him play better. Props on the interception but overall.... not a good night for him.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2015, 10:10 AM
I do understand the reason they traded Kiko. If Kiko were with the Bills, I believe they would have some rotation of the inside linebackers and have more options defending 3rd and 5 or less. Among Bradham, Broam and Alonso, I think Bradham is the superior run defender. Kiko is the best coverage guy and blitzer. Brown is more balanced (better run defender than Kiko and a better cover guy than Bradham). Both Kiko and Brown can call plays so they would Kiko and Bradham would rotation based on the likelyhood of opposition's next play is run or pass. I know it would not be a happy situation for players involved, but from the Bills viewpoint, it would make linebacker a strong corp.

GreedoII
09-15-2015, 10:12 AM
I was surprised at how soft Kiko looked last night. He was repeatedly blocked out of plays by the TE. I watched one play where he was pushed 10 yards backwards on a run play he actually saw coming. I wanted to see him play better. Props on the interception but overall.... not a good night for him.

he's a safety that plays like a LB. That's why he's gonna get hurt again eventually

Ed
09-15-2015, 10:23 AM
We all loved Kiko, but if there's one position I don't really worry about it's LB. I think Whaley and his crew are pretty good at finding LB talent.

Goobylal
09-15-2015, 11:26 AM

Murray had 8 carries for 9 yards last night and 4 catches for 11 yards and 1 TD while Shady had 17 rushes for 41 yards and 3 catches for 46 yards (and his long rush was a TD but it wasn't reviewed). And the Eagles were said to have a better OL that made Shady looked better than he was. Advantage McCoy.

As for Kiko, that INT was sick and possibly the greatest INT I've ever seen considering it was almost the exact same catch OBJ made last year, but by a defender. But he also committed a penalty that negated an Eagles fumble recovery and the Falcons proceeded to score on the next play, and was generally otherwise invisible.

TacklingDummy
09-15-2015, 01:27 PM
Kiko was ok.
Not upset they traded him.
Just upset they traded him for a dime and dozen running back and then gave that running back $40+ million.
Newsflash Buffalo, it's a passing league now.
Another Newsflash, if the line can block, any running back can run.

stuckincincy
09-15-2015, 02:17 PM
Kiko is undersized and got knocked around the second half of 2013.

Watkins didn't sniff a ball yesterday so maybe he sucks too.

I promise by the end of the season this trade will look very lopsided in favor of the Bills.

BTW, CJ isn't playing and Fred had 13 yards of offense.

Alonzo is heady player with a nose for the ball, certainly aided by being slotted at MLB. There were debates here about he would fare if he were assigned the more specific duties of an OLB.

PHI got out from under a contract. I don't understand why BUF signed him for such cash. They could have traded and purchased the contract of any number of servicable rbs a whole lot cheaper.

We have all heard McCoys mouth. He is here for the $.

trapezeus
09-15-2015, 03:26 PM
it is possible a good player got traded for a good player and we need to see how it all shakes out.

it seems like the bills think they can use pretty much any lineback given their front 4 and they have 2 years and 1 game worth of history that suggests as much. mccoy didn't have a fantasty all star game, but he had some great plays. first 3rd down conversion of the second half he took from the 20 to like the 50. set the tone to get that 24-0 lead. that set the tone for the remainder of the game. he also had the huge second play of the game fora first down after the first play lost 5 yards.

He wasn't a non-factor.
i'd wait before i claim it was a bad trade.

Goobylal
09-15-2015, 04:03 PM
Alonzo is heady player with a nose for the ball, certainly aided by being slotted at MLB. There were debates here about he would fare if he were assigned the more specific duties of an OLB.

PHI got out from under a contract. I don't understand why BUF signed him for such cash. They could have traded and purchased the contract of any number of servicable rbs a whole lot cheaper.

We have all heard McCoys mouth. He is here for the $.
And what did PHI dish out for Murray, who had a whopping 20 yards of offense last night? As for Alonso, he had one great play and the rest was nothing special, if not poor on the penalty negating a turnover, that ultimately extended a TD drive.

swiper
09-17-2015, 03:31 AM
Two years ago, Kiko was healthy. He was injured before the start of last season & was not missed at all.

I believe that Rex & Doug know more than the fans.

And the Bills will continue to dominate with this mess of an OL.

Looks to be as healthy as can be. Nobody drained his knee 6 times.

Goobylal
09-17-2015, 01:46 PM
Looks to be as healthy as can be. Nobody drained his knee 6 times.
Give him another year.

mightysimi
09-17-2015, 02:10 PM
The trade was worth it the second McCoy picked a first down late when everyone knew we were running. Virtually every other year that's a punt.