PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Defense Gave Up 464 Yards Against The Steelers

BillsImpossible
09-14-2015, 06:40 PM
On the very first offensive play of the NFL season, the Steelers gashed the Pats D up the middle for 16 yards.

Le'veon Bell was not playing either.

The Steelers missed two field goals in a game that ended 21-28.

If the Steelers weren't in kicker purgatory, I think they would have won the season opener.

Pittsburgh had no business being in that game with the play of their secondary. They should have won in New England.

Was anyone else surprised that Brady didn't put up 42 points?

Latest line: Bills vs. Patiots -1

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-14-2015, 06:45 PM
the patriots cheated.

Night Train
09-14-2015, 06:50 PM
I was surprised how Pittsburgh ran the ball so well.

Bills should see if they can do that. McCoy and Williams.

BillsImpossible
09-14-2015, 06:53 PM
the patriots cheated.

Oh yeh, I forgot about that part.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DrxbCIieCKI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BillsImpossible
09-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Can the Bills pump WECK in to the Patriots headsets?

OpIv37
09-14-2015, 09:27 PM
On the very first offensive play of the NFL season, the Steelers gashed the Pats D up the middle for 16 yards.

Le'veon Bell was not playing either.

The Steelers missed two field goals in a game that ended 21-28.

If the Steelers weren't in kicker purgatory, I think they would have won the season opener.

Pittsburgh had no business being in that game with the play of their secondary. They should have won in New England.

Was anyone else surprised that Brady didn't put up 42 points?

Latest line: Bills vs. Patiots -1

Two field goals are 6. They lost by 7...

The reality check is coming. Patriots win and win easy. As great as the win against the Colts was, the second half exposed some flaws. We struggled against the no huddle late so expect Bellicheck to come out in the no huddle early and create an insurmountable lead. And the Pats D is middle of the road but windy was starting two rookie DL's. Pats are better than that.

ICRockets
09-14-2015, 09:30 PM
I'm rooting for the Patriots because I'm allergic to optimism.

Fixed.

OpIv37
09-14-2015, 09:48 PM
Fixed.
Hehe... Not allergic to optimism. Bound by realism because, well, it's reality. History has proven that optimism is nothing but a recipe for disappointment with this team.

justasportsfan
09-14-2015, 10:01 PM
Hehe... Not allergic to optimism. Bound by realism because, well, it's reality. History has proven that optimism is nothing but a recipe for disappointment with this team.

38-3. Someone missed reality . Must be been on shrooms.

OpIv37
09-14-2015, 10:24 PM
38-3. Someone missed reality . Must be been on shrooms.

Yup I've been right and I've been wrong and I was wrong there. I've also been right a hell of a lot more than I've been wrong. So take it for what it's worth. The first game went better than I expected. That happened before but the end results are always the same and much more in line with my predictions.

psubills62
09-15-2015, 12:29 AM
I'm cautious about this. A Pats -1 line to me screams overreaction based on Week 1 (i.e. Vegas expecting people to overreact). Really hoping it's legit, though. I think Indy/NE are two great early tests, and they passed the first one with flying colors. Very intrigued to see how they do against the second one.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-15-2015, 01:01 AM
The Patriots always look beatable in September. Their week four loss to the Chiefs might have been the single biggest ass-whipping of the entire 2014 season.

Hopefully we can get in on some of that before they get their sea legs.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2015, 02:28 AM
I've defended OP over the years for good reason. And I get why he's still not feeling it because this team has imploded many times.

However, I think OP is discounting the talent and coaching. This team is for real even if we lose to the Pats.

Buffalogic
09-15-2015, 06:10 AM
Two field goals are 6. They lost by 7...

The reality check is coming. Patriots win and win easy. As great as the win against the Colts was, the second half exposed some flaws. We struggled against the no huddle late so expect Bellicheck to come out in the no huddle early and create an insurmountable lead. And the Pats D is middle of the road but windy was starting two rookie DL's. Pats are better than that.
If they made their fgs they would have gone for two on that last antonio brown touchdown. They also choked on the goaline. Pats are very beatable. They have a terrible defense and only 2 players outside of Brady on offense.

alohabillsfan
09-15-2015, 06:47 AM
Pats started 3 rookies on the o line. We get dareus back! It's not a blow out for the pats the only way this game is a blow out is Buffalo ramming it to them! Buffalo 31- NE 13

chris66
09-15-2015, 04:40 PM
There is a lot of talk for a team that hasn't done anything yet. Remember Pats put 37 up against this same defense last year. As far as I can see its the same guys playing

The Jokeman
09-15-2015, 04:47 PM

and history shows that Rex has been able to keep games close with the Jets and New England. Yet don't think Rex every had an offense with the weapons and an OC like Roman in his back packet. I'm not saying it's going to be a slam dunk win for the Bills but I like our chances as much now as I ever have. As we need Kyle and Dareus to blow up the rookies the Patriots are playing at OC and OG and get in Brady's face.

chris66
09-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Remember EJ had a couple good games to start his career as well.

You guys do this every year. Team starts off hot and by the time Halloween comes you're taliking about the draft

Oaf
09-15-2015, 04:52 PM

I could see this happening. Even the Pats got spanked once or twice last year.

YardRat
09-15-2015, 04:53 PM
Remember EJ had a couple good games to start his career as well.

You guys do this every year. Team starts off hot and by the time Halloween comes you're taliking about the draft

Fortunately we have a long enough documented history of Patriot cheating to talk about that all year long.

Oaf
09-15-2015, 04:54 PM
Pats are very beatable.

Had I a nickel for every time I've seen that the last ten years…

chris66
09-15-2015, 04:54 PM
Fortunately we have a long enough documented history of Patriot cheating to talk about that all year long.
It's all you got. You should keep taking about it

Mace
09-15-2015, 05:21 PM
This game will say a lot about the Bills' run heavy approach. The NE DC, Patricia, reminds me of Rob Ryan, lot of praise, not that good. Last few years the Pats had trouble with pass defense (like 17th, 25th, 26th off the top of my head) while being steadily top ten against the rush. Now they have no Wilfork (had a lot to do with it I think), lost their Spikes (had to be signed for run support), and we have a not pass heavy offense.

It's going to be all about Gronkowski and whatever pass offense the Bills can bring to the table, methinks.

The Jokeman
09-15-2015, 05:29 PM
This game will say a lot about the Bills' run heavy approach. The NE DC, Patricia, reminds me of Rob Ryan, lot of praise, not that good. Last few years the Pats had trouble with pass defense (like 17th, 25th, 26th off the top of my head) while being steadily top ten against the rush. Now they have no Wilfork (had a lot to do with it I think), lost their Spikes (had to be signed for run support), and we have a not pass heavy offense.

It's going to be all about Gronkowski and whatever pass offense the Bills can bring to the table, methinks.

I get why Gronk gets the headlines but I'm telling you Edelman is the key to that offense. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/12649/year/2014/julian-edelman in 2014 in New Englands two losses he had 23 and 48 yards receiving, in a game they should have lost to the Jets (but their kicker missed a last second FG and Geno couldn't get them a TD despite several chances) he had 44 yards receiving. In 2013 in New England's losses 35 yards and 44 yards. With one exception against Miami he had 139 yards.

chris66
09-15-2015, 05:33 PM

Matt Patricia is a very good dc. Who cares how many yards a d gives up.

BillsOwnAll
09-15-2015, 05:58 PM
Matt Patricia is a very good dc. Who cares how many yards a d gives up. lol...

Mace
09-15-2015, 06:09 PM
I get why Gronk gets the headlines but I'm telling you Edelman is the key to that offense. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/12649/year/2014/julian-edelman in 2014 in New Englands two losses he had 23 and 48 yards receiving, in a game they should have lost to the Jets (but their kicker missed a last second FG and Geno couldn't get them a TD despite several chances) he had 44 yards receiving. In 2013 in New England's losses 35 yards and 44 yards. With one exception against Miami he had 139 yards.

Both of them really, the seams and the slot, I just have too many memories of the Bills getting shredded in the seams and the slot.

tomz
09-15-2015, 06:38 PM
If they made their fgs they would have gone for two on that last antonio brown touchdown. They also choked on the goaline. Pats are very beatable. They have a terrible defense and only 2 players outside of Brady on offense.

Also recall the touchdown that became a field goal when then receiver sitting in the end zone moved his foot onto the line. 4 more points.

BillsImpossible
09-15-2015, 07:01 PM
The Patriots could be facing the most hostile playing environment they've ever played in.

Wherever the Patriots are staying, they're not going to sleep well Saturday night.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-15-2015, 07:10 PM
Matt Patricia is a very good dc. Who cares how many yards a d gives up.

When you play a team with a kicker who isn't terrible, it will cost you.

chris66
09-16-2015, 04:41 AM
When you play a team with a kicker who isn't terrible, it will cost you.
The game was 28-14 with under 2 mins left in the game.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-16-2015, 11:29 AM
The game was 28-14 with under 2 mins left in the game.

Yeah because he missed two field goals. If it was 28-20 with two minutes left, then the Steelers last TD offers a chance to tie.

chris66
09-16-2015, 12:47 PM
Yeah because he missed two field goals. If it was 28-20 with two minutes left, then the Steelers last TD offers a chance to tie.

And if norwood makes the fg the bill would have a super bowl win, but he didnt thats part of sports

IlluminatusUIUC
09-16-2015, 01:02 PM
And if norwood makes the fg the bill would have a super bowl win, but he didnt thats part of sports

Of course it's part of sports, but you asked why it matters how many yards they gave up - because they gave up enough yards for the Steelers to have tied the game. The kicker is the one that missed it.

It took 6 points off the board in a game decided by 7 points. Think about it.

Ingtar33
09-16-2015, 04:32 PM
There is a lot of talk for a team that hasn't done anything yet. Remember Pats put 37 up against this same defense last year. As far as I can see its the same guys playing

I remember that game.

We shut them down in the first half, it was the 2nd half brady and crew torched us. Basically they dialed back the passing and went with the rush. they never ran "well" but they ran "enough" that brady was able to freeze our LBers with play action and get into the gap between the LBers and safeties. he ate us alive all 2nd half doing this. that was ugly.

chris66
09-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Of course it's part of sports, but you asked why it matters how many yards they gave up - because they gave up enough yards for the Steelers to have tied the game. The kicker is the one that missed it.

It took 6 points off the board in a game decided by 7 points. Think about it.
Pats always give up a lot of yards. Go back and look at any year in the last 10. They are in the back half. What they do well with is not give up a lot of points

chris66
09-16-2015, 04:58 PM
The Patriots could be facing the most hostile playing environment they've ever played in.

Wherever the Patriots are staying, they're not going to sleep well Saturday night.
Not even close. Afcc in pit (04), Afcc (06) in Indy, Afcg (13) in Denver. Way more on the line.
This is just the second game of the season it's not going to define either team.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-16-2015, 09:37 PM
I thought the Steelers Defensive game plan was interesting, especially the part when they don't cover Gronk.

starrymessenger
09-17-2015, 08:35 AM

Methinks it's actually going to be more about Tyrod Taylor. A lot of ink has been spilled about how our D will match up against Brady, Gronk, Edelman et al, how Rex may scheme to try to shut them down or contain them etc...
But that's only 1/2 of the story. This game is as much, if not more, about what Bill Belichek will try to do to Tyrod Taylor. We have a QB with one start under his belt going against one of the greatest defensive minds and all round coaches (and cheaters) in football history, one who is famous for taking full advantage of an opposing signal callers inexperience. I find the BB-McDaniel/Roman-Taylor matchup to be more interesting than the Rex/BB chess game, if only because we pretty much know what to expect from the Pats O and our D, since both are known quantities (not that we know exactly how things will actually play out). We found out something about what we may have in Tyrod in preseason and in his first game. Given the challenge he is facing I think we will find out a lot more about him and just what he is capable of this Sunday.
I understand about missing Wilfork and Spikes, but I think the Pats still have talent on D, especially their linebacking corps. I think they sold out the run to better defend against an expected passing attack and they evidently underestimated D. Williams. But they know that the Bills will run all day if they let them so I expect their run D to be much better this week. Belly will force Tyrod to beat them and I expect that to be the main objective of his strategy on D. He sees Tyrod as the weakest link in the chain and is probably pretty sure he can take him down.
If Tyrod does come out on top or at least looks good it will be a very positive indication that we've actually got something in him, something like a starting calibre NFL QB (for a change).