CAN BILLS DEFENSE BE REALLY GOOD OR SPECIAL LIKE THE 85 BEARS/200 RAVENS???!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emoulds80
    • Apr 2015

CAN BILLS DEFENSE BE REALLY GOOD OR SPECIAL LIKE THE 85 BEARS/200 RAVENS???!!!

DISCUSS...
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Re: CAN BILLS DEFENSE BE REALLY GOOD OR SPECIAL LIKE THE 85 BEARS/200 RAVENS???!!!

Rex Ryan coached those Ravens............

Tyrod Taylor is 100X better than Jim McMahon.

BIG TOPIC, can't blame the caps.

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

Re: CAN BILLS DEFENSE BE REALLY GOOD OR SPECIAL LIKE THE 85 BEARS/200 RAVENS???!!!

about the same odds as gifting a second car to a schizophrenic hooker and having it go well
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
        about the same odds as gifting a second car to a schizophrenic hooker and having it go well
        In reverse speech this translates to: "And Tyrod Taylor will be the starting quarterback for the Buffalo Bills in 2015."

Meathead is correct.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
          • Mar 2013

I remember Richard Dent and Mike Singletary from the Bears '85 Super Bowl defense.

Rex's father, Buddy Ryan was the Bears Defensive Coordinator.

I was 5 years old.

Somebody please fill us young bucks in about the Bears '85 D compared to the Bills D of 2015.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
            • Feb 2009

Holding Andrew Luck to 14 points is not an easy thing to do. I think the Bills have the potential to have a great defense. Though I doubt it will end up being remembered like the 1985 Bears or 2000 Ravens defenses.

The big reason I believe for this is simply the rules are much different now then they were in 1985 or even 2000. The NFL rule changes have made it much harder for defenses to be that physical, especially in the secondary

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by CoolBreeze View Post
              Holding Andrew Luck to 14 points is not an easy thing to do. I think the Bills have the potential to have a great defense. Though I doubt it will end up being remembered like the 1985 Bears or 2000 Ravens defenses.

The big reason I believe for this is simply the rules are much different now then they were in 1985 or even 2000. The NFL rule changes have made it much harder for defenses to be that physical, especially in the secondary
              Against Luck, Gilmore, Darby, Rambo, Williams and Butler had a great day.

12 passes defended from the Bills secondary. That is outstanding.

If the Bills win the Super Bowl, Donnie Henderson's secondary will be the reason why.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post

Tyrod Taylor is 100X better than Jim McMahon.
                dumbest thing you have ever said on this site

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                  dumbest thing you have ever said on this site
                  I love you too, Ginger.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post

Somebody please fill us young bucks in about the Bears '85 D compared to the Bills D of 2015.
                    The 85 bears had one of the best linebacking units of all time... The 85 bears DL and secondary isn't miles better than the 2015 bills DL and secondary but they do have a edge there. To compare the 2 defenses really isn't much of a comparioson the 85 bears defense is the greatest of all time. Its hilarious how you have gone absolutely bananas and cuckoo after only one game

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

I HAVE NO CLUE, MAYBE, MAYBE NOT.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                        The 85 bears had one of the best linebacking units of all time... The 85 bears DL and secondary isn't miles better than the 2015 bills DL and secondary but they do have a edge there. To compare the 2 defenses really isn't much of a comparioson the 85 bears defense is the greatest of all time. Its hilarious how you have gone absolutely bananas and cuckoo after only one game
                        Rex Ryan helped coach the 2000 Baltimore Ravens defense, one of the best NFL defenses of all-time.

Rex Ryan's dad coached the 1985 Bears.

I don't think that is, 'hilarious.'

It's interesting.

Buddy Ryan coached the greatest defense of all time, according to Ginger Vitis.

Hey Ginger, isn't it interesting that his son is the head coach of the Buffalo Bills today?

Rex Ryan just put Andrew Luck on ice.

I can understand if Bills fans are still numb after beating the Colts.

Our hands have been frozen for 15 years.

Comment

• emoulds80
                          • Apr 2015

from a talent spot, our secondary and dline is just as good as the 2000 ravens and 85 bears... imo, our lbs are really good, but not that good. but either way, i really think the pats will be the true test. like the previous poster said, even if we end up having a great d, it probably wont go down that way as far as being remembered like that.... our lbs are outstanding tho and can do everything

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by CoolBreeze View Post

IMO, the 2008 Steelers and 2013 Seahawks were on par with those defenses given the rule changes.

You also have to consider how the schedule factors into it. Look at the godawful state of quarterbacks in the NFC in 1985 or the AFC in 2000 and compare it to the guys those teams actually played.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

I was 19 in 1985.

The Bears were better than the 2000 thug Ravens.

The Bears were 1 game shy of a perfect season.

Best defense ever and the gold standard.

Comment

Working...
                              X