PDA

View Full Version : My only concern about the Pats game

Zoneblitser
09-15-2015, 07:07 AM
I am not concerned that the Pats have dominated this rivalry for the last decade.
I'm not concerned that Marcia Brady will be playing.
I'm not concerned that the Pats Cheat.
My only concern is the twelfth man.
Did our biggest weapons use their voices so much that they don't have the same intensity for the whole game on Sunday.
Fans get plenty of rest.
Drink lots of warm lemon water. Gargle and show lots of restraint when dealing with the kids.

Forward_Lateral
09-15-2015, 07:09 AM
I can't wait to see what Rex and company have planned to stop Gronk. I have a feeling Brady is going to get the living snot beat out of him this Sunday.

Skooby
09-15-2015, 07:48 AM
I think the fans have plenty of voice left but will need several weeks of silence to recover, maybe no talking at work this week as well?

Meathead
09-15-2015, 07:49 AM
I can't wait to see what Rex and company have planned to stop Gronk.

do you think terry could successfully lobby the nfl to have a players mandatory basic math test requirement by then

trapezeus
09-15-2015, 08:33 AM
i worry about the refs. they've been a factor dating back to the "just give it to them" game. and the calls have some how only gotten more bizarre culminating in last year's "head tap by hughes on 4th and 1 where the bills were in the game" and then it swung the tide again. until the nfl actually shows that they won't let that be an issue for a full year, i presume tuck rules, and auto 3rd down conversions on penalties we can't see will be the norm.

OpIv37
09-15-2015, 09:26 AM
I can't wait to see what Rex and company have planned to stop Gronk. I have a feeling Brady is going to get the living snot beat out of him this Sunday.

I can't remember the last time this team effectively shut down a top TE. Even average TE's give us problems. Expect both Gronk and Chandler to find the endzone.

justasportsfan
09-15-2015, 09:37 AM
Chandler to find the endzone.

you said he sucked. Changing your mind again?

k-oneputt
09-15-2015, 09:39 AM
i worry about the refs. they've been a factor dating back to the "just give it to them" game. and the calls have some how only gotten more bizarre culminating in last year's "head tap by hughes on 4th and 1 where the bills were in the game" and then it swung the tide again. until the nfl actually shows that they won't let that be an issue for a full year, i presume tuck rules, and auto 3rd down conversions on penalties we can't see will be the norm.

BINGO, we have a winner.
This is the concern. If we don't get screwed by the refs as usual we will win.

Mr. Miyagi
09-15-2015, 11:16 AM
I am not concerned that the Pats have dominated this rivalry for the last decade.
I'm not concerned that Marcia Brady will be playing.
I'm not concerned that the Pats Cheat.
My only concern is the twelfth man.
Did our biggest weapons use their voices so much that they don't have the same intensity for the whole game on Sunday.
Fans get plenty of rest.
Drink lots of warm lemon water. Gargle and show lots of restraint when dealing with the kids.
If we had so much for the neutral Colts, imagine what we will have for the hated Pats.

Not to worry.

Historian
09-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Refs.

Nuff said.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-15-2015, 11:36 AM
I can't remember the last time this team effectively shut down a top TE. Even average TE's give us problems. Expect both Gronk and Chandler to find the endzone.

How many times has any team effectively shut down Gronkowski? The guy is the biggest matchup nightmare in the NFL.

mightysimi
09-15-2015, 01:25 PM
How many times has any team effectively shut down Gronkowski? The guy is the biggest matchup nightmare in the NFL.

He's no Torell Troup though.

Jimkelly12203
09-15-2015, 01:40 PM
What's important is that you get in to the stadium well in advance of the opening drive. We will be plenty loud, but we can't have the crowd trickling in. I'm as guilty as anyone. Often i'll sit there and booze for another 15 minutes arriving fashionably late after the first few plays have started. We can't have that ****. Not against NE. It has to be an avalanche of hatred directed at the cheaters from the opening kickoff. Full force!

stuckincincy
09-15-2015, 01:47 PM

NE runs their TE's on seam routes a lot. No surprise there - many clubs do the same, being a nice pattern for a receiver that's significantly taller than the coverage man. CIN's (finally) healthy TE Eifert ran them all game long against OAK this past Sunday, to the tune of 8 receptions and 2 touchdowns.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/why-is-the-te-seam-route-so-tough-to-defend-6335/

I wouldn't be inclined to run a lot of blitzes against Brady - he is tops at detecting open receivers which enter into his field of vision, and the NE receiver philosophy works at getting their catchers there. That's why they get along without "star" wrs - they just channel whatever they have into Brady's "window."

What you want to do is chuck or front his pass-catchers, and in the case of Gronkowski, have a tallish "spy" on him.

trapezeus
09-15-2015, 02:48 PM

additionally with almost none of his pushoffs ever being called, he's a great target.

The Jokeman
09-15-2015, 05:17 PM
NE runs their TE's on seam routes a lot. No surprise there - many clubs do the same, being a nice pattern for a receiver that's significantly taller than the coverage man. CIN's (finally) healthy TE Eifert ran them all game long against OAK this past Sunday, to the tune of 8 receptions and 2 touchdowns.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/why-is-the-te-seam-route-so-tough-to-defend-6335/

I wouldn't be inclined to run a lot of blitzes against Brady - he is tops at detecting open receivers which enter into his field of vision, and the NE receiver philosophy works at getting their catchers there. That's why they get along without "star" wrs - they just channel whatever they have into Brady's "window."

What you want to do is chuck or front his pass-catchers, and in the case of Gronkowski, have a tallish "spy" on him.

Manny Lawson is 6'5" so he seems to be the size LB you'd want against Gronk yet Gronk has some wheels on him that makes him that much more dangerous and he's way too big to put a S or CB on him. That said I say the biggest weapon to keep in check for New England is Edelman. As if you look at his game logs from 2014 and 2013 when he gets under 50 yards the Patriots are more likely to lose.

YardRat
09-15-2015, 07:50 PM
If Rex thought the crowd was loud against Indy, just wait until kickoff this Sunday. As long as it remains a game, it will be nuts.

Mace
09-15-2015, 08:03 PM
Manny Lawson is 6'5" so he seems to be the size LB you'd want against Gronk yet Gronk has some wheels on him that makes him that much more dangerous and he's way too big to put a S or CB on him. That said I say the biggest weapon to keep in check for New England is Edelman. As if you look at his game logs from 2014 and 2013 when he gets under 50 yards the Patriots are more likely to lose.

Was listening to the Rumblings/Pats chat tonight. What seems the best idea is to use Lawson to jam Gronkowski at the line to buy time, then cover him with a safety. I worry about Edelman also, it was peculiar his name never even came up. I'd expect it to on Sunday.

feldspar
09-16-2015, 08:17 AM
do you think terry could successfully lobby the nfl to have a players mandatory basic math test requirement by then

What the hell are you talking about? All these players went to college! :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: