PDA

View Full Version : PAT's and the rules around it?

trapezeus
09-15-2015, 08:10 AM
I noticed the bills kicked from the left hashmark. is it the team's preference or is there a rule from where you kick it? does anyone know?

i also think the new PAT rules are unnecessary changes to the rules. we don't need more drama to a PAT and i think north east teams are the ones who are going to pay the price for it. if we had 4 missed kicks in september, it could be such an unnecessary buzz kill after a TD.

i'll be curious if on bad weather days if people just go for 2 all the time.

psubills62
09-15-2015, 09:02 AM
I believe they have the option of where to put the ball, can be anywhere between the hashes.

Typ0
09-15-2015, 09:17 AM
maybe the stats will be worse for the colder weather teams but it won't really hurt them as the opponent is also playing on the same field.

gebobs
09-15-2015, 12:01 PM
maybe the stats will be worse for the colder weather teams but it won't really hurt them as the opponent is also playing on the same field.

But the Patriots are allowed, by special NFL dispensation, to plow the spot of the snap.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-15-2015, 01:02 PM
I believe they have the option of where to put the ball, can be anywhere between the hashes.

To my knowledge that is true even when the ball is spotted at the 2, but nearly all teams choose the center.

Meathead
09-15-2015, 01:14 PM
i would think it would be a big advantage for ne teams since their kickers get more used to it