PDA

View Full Version : REALITY - We Will Lose Games.. But Improvement Is Obvious

Night Train
09-15-2015, 02:08 PM
I don't expect us to win this week. I DO think we have a legit shot at winning.

The key this season is keeping Taylor healthy. If he can, the chance of ending our long playoff drought is pretty good and I was only shooting for the last wildcard spot.

D looks good and presented a multiple amount of looks to Luck. He was affected a great deal of the time. Yet the Colts are a soft team outside of Luck, IMO.

O has multiple weapons and it can be a different skill guy each week that can have a good game, like Harvin did Sunday.

This is the big test. Brady will throw slants and quick out to Edelman and seam routes to Gronk. The whole NFL knows this and they still succeed due to their amazing talent. Their D is good but not great. They seem to struggle stopping the run.

The one thing Belicheat dislikes is going up against Rex. He gave him fits even with bad Jet teams and the Bills have a solid D to throw many different looks at Brady. We'll know Sunday if it works. We now have an actual coaching staff.

I don't hold other teams in awe, like many here do. The Colts aren't nearly as good as people thought and I believe the same can be said about Miami and many others on our schedule. Bring them on. This team shouldn't be scared of anyone.

Play out the schedule and quit riding the weekly emotional roller coaster. We win, we're great. We lose, we suck and " I called it ". Yeah, OK. Impressive..(not)

Win 10 and you have a shot at the post season.. but predictions get skewed when things like injuries occur, so I'll take it a week at a time.

Enjoy the ride each week. This is not like the past under Ralph.

Go Bills.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2015, 02:33 PM
I actually EXPECT us to win this Sunday because I think we can score points. My take on this team after one game is that we are going to struggle against a team with a strong D, like the Dolphins and even the Jets. Right now I think week 3 will be a tougher game for the Bills.

Rex's D is dominating with the right people (especially secondary), but there is a gambling element in there, and you can give up a big play here and there. All these disguised and calculated blitz is also very taxing on defensive side players. If the offense keeps going 3 and out, it could be very ugly later in games ...

Buffalogic
09-15-2015, 02:35 PM
We're going to win.

stuckincincy
09-15-2015, 02:53 PM
I actually EXPECT us to win this Sunday because I think we can score points. My take on this team after one game is that we are going to struggle against a team with a strong D, like the Dolphins and even the Jets. Right now I think week 3 will be a tougher game for the Bills.

Rex's D is dominating with the right people (especially secondary), but there is a gambling element in there, and you can give up a big play here and there. All these disguised and calculated blitz is also very taxing on defensive side players. If the offense keeps going 3 and out, it could be very ugly later in games ...

NE linemen back up and contain and string out right side pressure.

Forward_Lateral
09-16-2015, 07:53 AM
New England's O-line isn't the greatest. Hit Edeleman in the mouth a couple of times and he'll go away. Double team Gronk. Smash Brady every time he drops back.

Mr. Miyagi
09-16-2015, 08:02 AM
New England's O-line isn't the greatest. Hit Edeleman in the mouth a couple of times and he'll go away. Double team Gronk. Smash Brady every time he drops back.
I agree with FL. Edeleman hates to get hit, he gets super fired up every time he gets a big hit. We hit him hard every time and he'll eventually get out of rhythm. We have to jam Gronk at the line. He was untouched every snap last week. Brady also will get rattled after taking a few hits, we know that by now. Other than that they have no weapons.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-16-2015, 08:06 AM
Smash Brady every time he drops back.

Easier said than done. I would guess people have been saying that for 15 years. The only time I saw it is done was by the Giants in the superbowl and they did it with 4 (~290 lb) men rush without Rex's type of blitz (if they get to the passer, often a ~200 lb secondary).

OpIv37
09-16-2015, 08:12 AM
This has classic Buffalo sports let down written all over it. See, it's not enough to just lose. We have to have our expectations built up and/or lose in the most humiliating way possible.

The D stifled Luck and a QB who rode the pine last year looked great in his first start and we beat a team that was in the AFC Championship game last year. So, the expectations have been elevated.

Time to get knocked back to earth. Brady hangs at least 30 on us and Taylor has a miserable game. Expect Chandler to have at least one TD just to rub it in. I'll say 35-7 Pats.

Thurmal
09-16-2015, 08:17 AM
This has classic Buffalo sports let down written all over it. See, it's not enough to just lose. We have to have our expectations built up and/or lose in the most humiliating way possible.

The D stifled Luck and a QB who rode the pine last year looked great in his first start and we beat a team that was in the AFC Championship game last year. So, the expectations have been elevated.

Time to get knocked back to earth. Brady hangs at least 30 on us and Taylor has a miserable game. Expect Chandler to have at least one TD just to rub it in. I'll say 35-7 Pats.

They're not going to lose by four TDs, but it does have 24-10 written all over it. Some people never learn. "Cautiously optimistic" should be the absolute ceiling for Bills fans' emotions right now.

sdbillsfan2
09-16-2015, 03:35 PM
After see the Patriots play a poor Steelers team , I'm more optimistic that we should win . Not will win , but should win . we have the talent and coaching enough. My concern is we don't repeat history and shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties and turn overs.

chris66
09-16-2015, 05:08 PM
Easier said than done. I would guess people have been saying that for 15 years. The only time I saw it is done was by the Giants in the superbowl and they did it with 4 (~290 lb) men rush without Rex's type of blitz (if they get to the passer, often a ~200 lb secondary).
Yeah that sucked. That was a bad game plan by McDaniels. He kept trying to get the ball to Moss on deep routes. Once they adjusted late in the second half they started to move the ball.

Night Train
09-16-2015, 07:17 PM

Are you missing a chromosome or something ?

BertSquirtgum
09-16-2015, 07:24 PM
I don't expect us to win this week. I DO think we have a legit shot at winning.

The key this season is keeping Taylor healthy. If he can, the chance of ending our long playoff drought is pretty good and I was only shooting for the last wildcard spot.

D looks good and presented a multiple amount of looks to Luck. He was affected a great deal of the time. Yet the Colts are a soft team outside of Luck, IMO.

O has multiple weapons and it can be a different skill guy each week that can have a good game, like Harvin did Sunday.

This is the big test. Brady will throw slants and quick out to Edelman and seam routes to Gronk. The whole NFL knows this and they still succeed due to their amazing talent. Their D is good but not great. They seem to struggle stopping the run.

The one thing Belicheat dislikes is going up against Rex. He gave him fits even with bad Jet teams and the Bills have a solid D to throw many different looks at Brady. We'll know Sunday if it works. We now have an actual coaching staff.

I don't hold other teams in awe, like many here do. The Colts aren't nearly as good as people thought and I believe the same can be said about Miami and many others on our schedule. Bring them on. This team shouldn't be scared of anyone.

Play out the schedule and quit riding the weekly emotional roller coaster. We win, we're great. We lose, we suck and " I called it ". Yeah, OK. Impressive..(not)

Win 10 and you have a shot at the post season.. but predictions get skewed when things like injuries occur, so I'll take it a week at a time.

Enjoy the ride each week. This is not like the past under Ralph.

Go Bills.

I expect the Bills to hurt Tom Brady this week and win.