• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Bills Cut RB Bryce Brown

Just heard it on the radio.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills Cut RB Bryce Brown

Patriots will sign him and cut him on monday!
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Make no sense. I wonder if they have a soon, but yet-to-be-disclosed roster issue...cutting him brings them to 3 rbs and a fb.

But this is the only club in my memory that keeps 2 kickers, so who knows?
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
        Make no sense. I wonder if they have a soon, but yet-to-be-disclosed roster issue...cutting him brings them to 3 rbs and a fb.

They like the kid from Notre Dame who is on the practice squad, Cierre Wood. 6-1 226 and showed some ability. Probably holds onto the ball better, which got Brown cut. They didn't trust him.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i heard that dareus did not count against the roster last week. to put him back they had to make room. of course, they could have moved someone less name-y...but this was their call.

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

Doesn't really matter. 4th round pick we got for stevie. Basically just adds up to us cutting steve.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

boom told ya. week later than I thot but still boom
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

Bryce needed to play special teams.

I would have preferred Bryce over Boobie, but Boobie plays special teams.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Don't like the move (of course, still think they shoujld have kept Freddie, but that ship has sailed) leaving only Shady, Williams and Boobie with Wood on PS. As much as I like Thigpen, for what we are paying Harvin he should be returning kicks also (get the ball in the playmaker's hands, he didn't help Seattle to a ring with his receptions exactly)...should've cut Marcus or Goodwin to make room for Dareus.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

easly? i think they love his ability to shed blocks on special teams and they believe he's a good back up receiver. cutting him would have been insane.

i like goodwin as he seems like a great guy, but his time on the bills has come to an end in my mind. the boom bust availability of his skill set is irritating when we have other guys who can do the same thing and possibly better.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      Don't like the move (of course, still think they shoujld have kept Freddie, but that ship has sailed) leaving only Shady, Williams and Boobie with Wood on PS. As much as I like Thigpen, for what we are paying Harvin he should be returning kicks also (get the ball in the playmaker's hands, he didn't help Seattle to a ring with his receptions exactly)...should've cut Marcus or Goodwin to make room for Dareus.

I would have cut Andre Fluellen yet if Brown is going to continual be undressed on game day it makes little sense wasting a roster spot on him. As sure he's great depth but if you can't use him it's a waste of a roster spot. I agree though I don't think Goodwin is worth stashing. Thigpen stays as think he allows Harvin to focus on offense as Harvin has never been a punt returner in the NFL see here, http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...9/percy-harvin 69 career NFL games and 0 punt returns.

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

I'm fine with it. RB's are a dime a dozen. Still think they spent too much on them to begin with. Off to the Pats he goes.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                          easly? i think they love his ability to shed blocks on special teams and they believe he's a good back up receiver. cutting him would have been insane.

i like goodwin as he seems like a great guy, but his time on the bills has come to an end in my mind. the boom bust availability of his skill set is irritating when we have other guys who can do the same thing and possibly better.
                          No, Marcus Thigpen.

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                          I would have cut Andre Fluellen yet if Brown is going to continual be undressed on game day it makes little sense wasting a roster spot on him. As sure he's great depth but if you can't use him it's a waste of a roster spot. I agree though I don't think Goodwin is worth stashing. Thigpen stays as think he allows Harvin to focus on offense as Harvin has never been a punt returner in the NFL see here, http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...9/percy-harvin 69 career NFL games and 0 punt returns.
                          Fair point on the punt returns.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Homegrown
                            Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                            .... if Brown is going to continual be undressed on game day it makes little sense wasting a roster spot on him....
                            Inactive > Undressed. ...maybe they cut him for being a shameful exhibitionist

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post

Once the corp roster is full it makes perfect sense to keep the best players and players that can give you an additional advantage.

Comment

Working...
                              X