PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore wants Gronk

SeatownBillsFan21
09-16-2015, 12:31 AM
Love the confidence can't wait till Sunday

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/09/15/stephon-gilmore-on-gronkowski-i-want-him/

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7442/stephon-gilmore

feldspar
09-16-2015, 04:10 AM
Who doesn't want Gronk?

swiper
09-16-2015, 04:13 AM
As soon as somebody starts to do a fair job of covering Gronkowski, then Brady will turn to Campbell. Everybody knows Brady likes to utilize two TEs. He didn't have to do that much vs Pittsburgh. And how much would the Patriots love to see Campbell get to scorch his own team. I hope they have adequate coverage for both guys.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-16-2015, 04:27 AM
As soon as somebody starts to do a fair job of covering Gronkowski, then Brady will turn to Campbell. Everybody knows Brady likes to utilize two TEs. He didn't have to do that much vs Pittsburgh. And how much would the Patriots love to see Campbell get to scorch his own team. I hope they have adequate coverage for both guys.

whos Campbell? Do you mean chandler?

YardRat
09-16-2015, 04:28 AM

I think he's going to target Butch Rolle myself.

swiper
09-16-2015, 04:31 AM
LOL. How many times have I done that now? More than once. Sorry for that. And I claimed to be a fan of his. Guess not so much.

YardRat
09-16-2015, 04:34 AM
Gilmore is coach Rex Ryan's new Darrelle Revis and graded out as PFF's No. 1 cover corner Week 1, breaking up four passes against the Colts.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather cover Gronk than Edelmen too.

swiper
09-16-2015, 04:37 AM
I thought Gilmore was had on one pass, but otherwise thought "wow this guy is really coming along."

Is this the team of dreadlocks though?

Topas
09-16-2015, 04:55 AM
I thought Gilmore was had on one pass, but otherwise thought "wow this guy is really coming along."

Is this the team of dreadlocks though?

Yes, I think the strategy is that the dreads are so long that one cannot see the number anymore and the offense gets confused.
Ok, that only works in case they have their back turned to the QB, but maybe now everybody works in trail technique.
Although this will make rushing the passer quite difficult :D

trapezeus
09-16-2015, 05:02 AM
Good. Use chandler. The more you use him, the more turnovers he provides

DraftBoy
09-16-2015, 05:04 AM
I would rather utilize Bradham and Brown to cover Gronk and Chandler than Gilmore. Gilmore needs to stay on Edelman. Also Aaron Williams needs to get his head in the game and read the seam route and make a play on the ball.

Jan Reimers
09-16-2015, 05:25 AM
Makes me think of the old adage, "Be careful what you wish for."

Mahdi
09-16-2015, 06:02 AM
I would rather utilize Bradham and Brown to cover Gronk and Chandler than Gilmore. Gilmore needs to stay on Edelman. Also Aaron Williams needs to get his head in the game and read the seam route and make a play on the ball.

I think Gilmore struggles with smaller, shiftier WRs. Roby on Edelman would be a good match.

Meathead
09-16-2015, 06:40 AM
just get whoever is covering gronk to jingle some keys in front of his face

DraftBoy
09-16-2015, 06:49 AM
I think Gilmore struggles with smaller, shiftier WRs. Roby on Edelman would be a good match.

I think in our current scheme which allows him to play on the line and jam we could see that improve. What makes Edelman so effective is his release and cuts, if you can neutralize his release through a jam then you take away part of his game. Gilmore's size and strength in our scheme should allow for that.

jamze132
09-16-2015, 06:55 AM
No question about it, Brady will take a lot of 3-step drop and throw more than 50% of the time. We need to jam their receivers to throw off the timing and allow our D to penetrate. No pun intended.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-16-2015, 07:31 AM
I think in our current scheme which allows him to play on the line and jam we could see that improve. What makes Edelman so effective is his release and cuts, if you can neutralize his release through a jam then you take away part of his game. Gilmore's size and strength in our scheme should allow for that.
He could do it if he indeed improved in this area. But from the team overall perspective, we have other members who can handle Edelman type of receivers but no ideal match for Gronk. Gilmore is the closest thing we have in terms of style (the jamming skills) to go against him one on one.

In reality, I see the Bills put Aaron on Gronk at the line and rotate different people on him. Aaron is a decent pass rusher so they can manipulate some packages blitzing from Gronk's side, forcing the Pats leave gronk in a lot of times. The Colts had to leave 7 guys in for blocking a lot of times in the 1st game

DraftBoy
09-16-2015, 09:11 AM
He could do it if he indeed improved in this area. But from the team overall perspective, we have other members who can handle Edelman type of receivers but no ideal match for Gronk. Gilmore is the closest thing we have in terms of style (the jamming skills) to go against him one on one.

In reality, I see the Bills put Aaron on Gronk at the line and rotate different people on him. Aaron is a decent pass rusher so they can manipulate some packages blitzing from Gronk's side, forcing the Pats leave gronk in a lot of times. The Colts had to leave 7 guys in for blocking a lot of times in the 1st game

I don't think Gilmore could jam Gronk off the line in all honesty. I don't want to try and jam Gronk because he is incredibly strong and if you screw up the jam he's wide open. What I would prefer would be to have somebody who can run with him and force Brady to make perfect throws in order to hit him. Bradham and/or Brown should have the speed to run with Gronk but we do lose something in Run D if that is their focus.

I don't see anybody else on the roster who can cover Edelman but Gilmore. Darby has the athleticism but with his issues locating the ball he's a possible DPI waiting to happen over and over again.

justasportsfan
09-16-2015, 09:12 AM

yeah stick, Darby with the midgets

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Gilmore could jam Gronk off the line in all honesty.

I was surprised the the steelers didn't hit Gronk at the LOS once.

Mr. Miyagi
09-16-2015, 10:31 AM
whos Campbell? Do you mean chandler?
A Mark Campbell reference! Swiper is old school!

ghz in pittsburgh
09-16-2015, 10:45 AM
I don't think Gilmore could jam Gronk off the line in all honesty. I don't want to try and jam Gronk because he is incredibly strong and if you screw up the jam he's wide open.

This is what I think people are wrong about defending Gronk. Yes he's strong but you just can't let him getting into his route free as he please, like the Steelers did. Succeee at defending him starts with jamming him as much as you can, which will forces Tom to hold the ball a little longer. You may have a second guy 8 yards deep to pick up the coverage.

I submit that Gronk is going to make catches Sunday; it will happen for a great player like him with a HOF QB throwing the ball. But borrow Rex's word, you don't back down from using the most effective way to disrupt a receiver's timing. Just limit damage.

Joe Fo Sho
09-16-2015, 11:08 AM
Rex said during his press conference today that we were going to put King Kong on Gronk this week, so I don't think we have anything to worry about.