• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Penalties

Committing too many penalties will be this team's nemesis this year. It's needs to get fixed. Disciplined teams are successful.
  • chris66
    • Sep 2006

Re: Penalties

14 called. 11 accepted

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

It's mostly the OL. The call on Clay was absolute BS and the personal foul after the int was never shown on TV so I have to wonder what actually happened. And the running into the kicker call was garbage too.

The roughing the QB call on the slide was the correct call but it was also a weird situation where Luck faked a slide, kept going and eventually slid. The defender got caught in no man's land where he either had to risk giving Luck more yards or risk the penalty. I don't see too many situations like that happening again.

But holding and false starts are drive killers and it needs to stop.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

Ton of phantom calls last week. Half the penalties called didn't even provide a player number who supposedly committed the foul.

Comment

• gebobs
          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          the personal foul after the int was never shown on TV so I have to wonder what actually happened
          Maybe this shot on Whalen at the end. Penalty was on Hughes but can't tell who this is.

Capture.JPG
          Last edited by gebobs; 09-16-2015, 09:26 AM.
          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

Were the Jets a high penalized team while Rex was coach? I always think penalties are a reflection of coaching.
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• ICRockets
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2008

Wednesday is usually the day the refs contact the team and go through each penalty called against them the week prior, right? I would imagine we'll hear something at some point from somebody about how that went. Rex already talked a bit about how that call went in the preseason at least once, so I'm hopeful that we'll get that kind of transparency all season long.

Also, is the NFL still doing All-22? If so, we can learn more from someone doing the legwork using it.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                Ton of phantom calls last week. Half the penalties called didn't even provide a player number who supposedly committed the foul.
                And you think this will change against the Patriots because....?

Comment

• bleve
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                  And you think this will change against the Patriots because....?
                  Walt Coleman isn't working the game. That's a start...
                  "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                  ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• gebobs
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                    Were the Jets a high penalized team while Rex was coach? I always think penalties are a reflection of coaching.
                    Mostly middle of the road under Sexy Rexy. The Bills had two good years under Gailey, not that it helped with their record.

Season: Jets, Bills (low good, high bad)
                    2014: 17th, 31st (Marrone)
                    2013: 23rd, 25th (Marrone)
                    2012: 3rd, 22th (Gailey,Fewell)
                    2011: 18th, 7th (Gailey)
                    2010: 18th, 6th (Gailey)
                    2009: 13th, 26th (Jauron)

Comment

• BrianCarr
                      Senior Zoner
                      • Aug 2015

The penalties in the second half were to keep the Colts in the game. I just rewatched the game and super slo moed the forced fumble on the 10 yard line where the ball went out of bounds at the 30, frame by frame. They called facemask on the Bills. There wasn't one Bills player that had their hand even close to any Colts players face.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Hughes is good for at least 2 a game. Like the guy but he's sometimes a loose cannon.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• gebobs
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BrianCarr View Post
                          The penalties in the second half were to keep the Colts in the game. I just rewatched the game and super slo moed the forced fumble on the 10 yard line where the ball went out of bounds at the 30, frame by frame. They called facemask on the Bills. There wasn't one Bills player that had their hand even close to any Colts players face.
                          It looked to me like Robinson's head got jerked around just before the ball popped out. I'm out of town so I'll take a look at it again tonight. No video online that I can see.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

bs calls or not, the bills responded positively. 1st and 25's became 2nd and 9's. The penalties weren't drive killers.

i agree, avoid putting yourself there. but if it happens, move to the next play and make it a non-issue.

as for the pats, they get all the bizarre calls; i expect nothing different.

Comment

• K-Gun
                              Deal with it
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                              Wednesday is usually the day the refs contact the team and go through each penalty called against them the week prior, right? I would imagine we'll hear something at some point from somebody about how that went. Rex already talked a bit about how that call went in the preseason at least once, so I'm hopeful that we'll get that kind of transparency all season long.

Also, is the NFL still doing All-22? If so, we can learn more from someone doing the legwork using it.
                              There was absolutely no penalty on the Darby INT on the All-22. Unless it happened after the whistle. The Bills have been getting flagged for 15 yard penalties on big INT and fumble recoveries all last season. Since it's such a chaotic play and you never get to see the replay of what happens way down field, it tells me it's one where the refs may feel like they have more liberty to stick it a team.
                              [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

Working...
                              X