PDA

View Full Version : Should we trade for Kam Chancellor?

Mahdi
09-16-2015, 07:15 AM
IMO this guy would complete our defense and even add a huge boost to it.

He does everything required of a safety in the Seattle defense and I think Rex would use him even more effectively on blitzes. This is a guy you can put on Gronk, will be an extra LB on runs and also has great range and cover skills.

According to the article below he is also the brains of the Hawks D.

I would give up a 2nd rounder next year for him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000528616/article/chancellor-does-carrolls-dirty-work-robinson-says

casdhf
09-16-2015, 08:03 AM
We can't afford him. We have to basically build an OL from scratch in the off-season. Besides, who comes off the field? Graham or McKelvin?

GreedoII
09-16-2015, 08:11 AM
that's easy..clearly McKelvin

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2015, 08:13 AM
I doubt he would report here without a huge contract and they already have a lot tied up on defense. I'm not sure bringing him in, losing Bradham and Glenn, the 2nd round pick and future cap space is worth it.

Thurmal
09-16-2015, 08:13 AM
I don't think they'd trade him for anything under a 1st, and we are right under the cap as it is.

ICRockets
09-16-2015, 10:32 AM
If we could afford him I'd do it, but I just don't see how that would be possible unless we went player-for-player.

Would the Seahawks take either Jerry or Mario plus a 4th? I suppose I'd consider it if they would.

Mahdi
09-16-2015, 11:24 AM
If we could afford him I'd do it, but I just don't see how that would be possible unless we went player-for-player.

Would the Seahawks take either Jerry or Mario plus a 4th? I suppose I'd consider it if they would.

No thanks. Pass rusher trumps safety everytime.

We could send them Leodis? Or even Robert Woods. I like Woods but with Sammy, Harvin, Clay, Hogan and some of the younger guys we have enough depth.

Would be risky though with the injuries to Harvin, Watkins and Hogan lately. But also, doubt we have enough resources to extend Woods anyway.

Saratoga Slim
09-16-2015, 11:36 AM
Absolutely agree that Chancellor in the secondary would truly put this defense over the top. If they're not there already. Do you guys remember him literally jumping over the OL/DL to try to block those FG attempts vs. Carolina last winter?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seahawks/0ap3000000456396/Kam-Chancellor-leaps-to-block-two-field-goals

That said I'd rather see us spread what $$ we have left around on re-signing Glenn and Gilmore and improving the OL. Add Chancellor and that money has to come from somewhere. Part of the point of spending so much on the DL is that you then presumably don't have to spend as much in the secondary.

Dozerdog
09-16-2015, 11:43 AM
What's in it for Seattle?

Why would they get rid of him for a #2? How does the Seahawks get back to the Super Bowl doing that?

Mahdi
09-16-2015, 12:36 PM
What's in it for Seattle?

Why would they get rid of him for a #2? How does the Seahawks get back to the Super Bowl doing that?

Well they have nothing for him right now and he is sitting at home while they are preparing for week 2.

They still have to extend Bobby Wagner, Bennett and Bruce Irvin. And that's after taking on Jimmy Graham's contract.

Novacane
09-16-2015, 12:42 PM
I'd love to have him but I'd rather sign Glenn and Bradham.

WagonCircler
09-16-2015, 12:49 PM
Would Seattle take Bryce Brown for him? Oh, wait...

IlluminatusUIUC
09-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Well they have nothing for him right now and he is sitting at home while they are preparing for week 2.

They still have to extend Bobby Wagner, Bennett and Bruce Irvin. And that's after taking on Jimmy Graham's contract.

They signed Wagner already and Irvin is likely gone regardless.

Mahdi
09-16-2015, 01:21 PM
They signed Wagner already and Irvin is likely gone regardless.

Then I guess that leaves less money for Kam.

Chances are they will resolve this but I think he would be a beast in this defense.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-16-2015, 02:29 PM
Then I guess that leaves less money for Kam.

Chances are they will resolve this but I think he would be a beast in this defense.

He's a beast in any defense but the money isn't there for us.

justasportsfan
09-16-2015, 02:40 PM
we're set on D. We need to spend the $$$ on O now.

YardRat
09-16-2015, 03:28 PM
Would love to have him in a Bills uni, but agree with others we can't afford it. Unfortunate we spent so much money on Clay, Harvin and Shady this past off season, but it is what it is.

Mike
09-17-2015, 01:02 AM
Cam signed a 4 year extention last season for about $6M/yr.

He had 3 years remaining on his current deal but want more money.

Hawks (or just about any team) can afford him at his current rate. Effectively he want more guaranteed $$$ and ability to make 4th year a player option.

Effectively he want to get paid like a FS ($10M/yr) instead of SS ($6M/yr)

He is that Greedy player most of you complain about :)

emoulds80
09-17-2015, 01:37 AM
no, rambo, williams, and meeks on the ps are still developing... we have excellent starters in graham and williams who offer more versaility than chancellor a good box safety but more so a fast lb