PDA

View Full Version : SportsCenter outside of Ralph this Sunday

ghz in pittsburgh
09-16-2015, 10:52 AM
A couple of my friends are urging me to join them lining behind this Sunday's SportsCenter outside Ralph. http://wivb.com/2015/09/16/sportscenter-to-broadcast-live-from-ralph-wilson-stadium-on-sunday/

It's actually quite tempting driving up there. But so far none of them is willing to give up a ticket for me to watch the game with the group in stadium. I do admit, drinking before 10am is not my thing though.

OpIv37
09-16-2015, 11:02 AM
Great. Gotta make sure the whole country is paying attention when NE puts one of their typical ass-whoopings on us.

Joe Fo Sho
09-16-2015, 11:03 AM
Great. Gotta make sure the whole country is paying attention when NE puts one of their typical ass-whoopings on us.

That's the spirit!

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2015, 11:19 AM

The good new is that you have 3 hours of extra time on Sunday to work around the house or something now!

Meathead
09-16-2015, 11:20 AM
if you feel like you want to go just go. those days usually end up being gold memories however they turn out

one big game cant remember which my mom and dad both wanted to go to the game with me but i only had two. i had never had a problem getting a single and even used my moms temp pass to park in the cripple lot near the scalpers post kick off bunker (near the fieldhouse) since that never fails to find a single. well it failed, first time ever for me. then we actually fought over whose offer to not go in we would accept. then my mom insisted she would just watch from her little tv in the car, so dad and me grudgingly went in since the game was already started

the first few minutes in the seats was weird bc we had left mom behind. it was tougher to get into the game. my dad tries to cheer up the mood by saying you know your mom i wouldnt be surprised to find out she finagles her way in somehow. i think he actually said finagles. not ten minutes later my phone rings and its very staticky and for thirty secs i can barely hear my mom saying i ... game ... you ... fun .... i said to my dad, i think shes telling us to have fun, yeah thanks mom we will, we love you. then suddenly like some freakin dramatic movie moment she pops in loud and clear, im in the game, somebody gave me a ticket and im in the players family section having a ball ...

lmao!!!

we had a great time. she kept calling us to give us updates which players mom she just high fived, etc. but i think we lost that one. maybe not, who knows, they all meld into one big blob eventually. doesnt matter, was another great day at the stadium

trapezeus
09-16-2015, 11:40 AM
you generically going with 38-3 for all games, unless proven otherwise? :-)

i am with you that the wild card is always the refs. even getting jobbed in the jauron years, the first game is always close. its the second game where they've perfected their film analysis and all their dirty tricks where the blowout happens.

i think the bills will lose this game because the pats are just getting more emboldened to cheat as they keep coming out unscathed. why would they change that now, especially with the bills looking fairly dominant and only 1 game of film.

until the NFL puts and end to it. the same old will happen.

Strongman
09-16-2015, 01:07 PM
The entire nation with the exception of the New England area is going to be rooting for the Bills to win this game. Heck, I even think the NFL brass wants us to win this game. A win over a team as despised as the Cheaters will alter people's perception of the Bumbling Bills. As Bills fans, we should be enjoying this moment in time!

Buffalogic
09-16-2015, 01:23 PM
No reason to be that negative. Past is past man.

OpIv37
09-16-2015, 01:25 PM
The entire nation with the exception of the New England area is going to be rooting for the Bills to win this game. Heck, I even think the NFL brass wants us to win this game. A win over a team as despised as the Cheaters will alter people's perception of the Bumbling Bills. As Bills fans, we should be enjoying this moment in time!

Yeah that's the problem. It seems like no matter who the players and coaches are, they find ways to embarrass themselves when people outside of WNY are paying attention. The abysmal performance in the Toronto series and night games are proof (especially the choke jobs against NE and Dallas).

OpIv37
09-16-2015, 01:27 PM
No reason to be that negative. Past is past man.

No matter who the players and coaches are, we have struggled in games where people outside of Buffalo are paying attention. No matter who the players and coaches are, we have started strong before and finished poorly. That's not the past. It's the present until proven otherwise.

Strongman
09-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Yeah that's the problem. It seems like no matter who the players and coaches are, they find ways to embarrass themselves when people outside of WNY are paying attention. The abysmal performance in the Toronto series and night games are proof (especially the choke jobs against NE and Dallas).

I don't understand why you are so down about this. I'm not trying to be combative here, but do you think we're cursed or something? Sure, we choked in epic fashion in the past, but that doesn't mean we will in the future, right? Sports has all kinds of stories about teams being crappy one year and then turning everything around and winning their championship. The ball has to bounce our way sometime. This season is as good as any.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-16-2015, 01:46 PM
No matter who the players and coaches are, we have struggled in games where people outside of Buffalo are paying attention. No matter who the players and coaches are, we have started strong before and finished poorly. That's not the past. It's the present until proven otherwise.

There is no relevance at all. Owner, GM, Coaches, and most importantly players are all different. I submit what happened in the past has no bearing on what's going to happen Sunday.

The only thing carried over is the name Buffalo Bills and the fans, who remember the history. Unfortunately we fans have no bearing on the performance of the team. So take my advice -- take it easy. It's a game. Enjoy every game as a new experience. Curse if they lose. Repeat next week.

gebobs
09-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Sure, we choked in epic fashion in the past, but that doesn't mean we will in the future, right?
You know what would be epic? The Patriots believing all the circle-jerking in Boston and then getting a can of reality whup-ass opened up for them on Sunday. I know I'm letting myself up for a huge let down. I know Brady is 23-3 against us. I know the Bills always manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

So what? So long as there's a chance that we can all come in here on Monday and wallow in Upchuck's sorrow, that is all the motivation I need.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54762073.jpg

Mr. Miyagi
09-16-2015, 01:53 PM
Someone get there behind the set with big CHEATERS sign on TV. Do it for all of us.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-16-2015, 02:00 PM
Someone get there behind the set with big CHEATERS sign on TV. Do it for all of us.
Wow someone is getting close to the idea. My friends in Buffalo are talking about rounding up bodies having big letters painted on each bare chest ...

Joe Fo Sho
09-16-2015, 02:02 PM

"Hey Gisele, my number is 555-1234. I hope you cheat, too!"

Night Train
09-16-2015, 02:21 PM
That;s great.

We are building something here and the people crying for 15 years that nobody is paying attention to us are now silent. The Bills got tons of good pub since the win Sunday.

stuckincincy
09-16-2015, 03:05 PM

Dareus returns from his one game suspension. Without question he brings inside pressure, which I feel is key in getting Brady to duck, move and disrupt his ability to spot crossing patterns.

Brady has the physical skills to play qb, but IMO he is also the ultimate manifestation of their HC's system. Which is one that capitalizes on the NFL's desire for scoring via the pass game and tv ratings that result in ad revenue.

No doubt that NE is favored by the $ aspect. Good gosh - last year GB and then SEA made idiotic play decisions that handed NE the crown. To me, it smelled of a fix. I think we have to view the NFL for what it is - a business organization for profit, that will take steps to maximize those profits.

If we are to believe that losing teams are enriched via higher draft choices, that concept falls on its face with a chosen club that routinely drafts in the lower regions yet yer after year is competitive. Sooner or later, they should have had a fall.

The only thing that will change this is a dramatic drop in attendance, but here we have, the citizens of BUF (and they are not alone) selling out year after year.

If you keep feeding the beast, it prospers. If you pick up the Devil's tools, you do the Devil's work

BrianCarr
09-16-2015, 03:13 PM
No matter who the players and coaches are, we have struggled in games where people outside of Buffalo are paying attention. No matter who the players and coaches are, we have started strong before and finished poorly. That's not the past. It's the present until proven otherwise.So you're saying that no matter what changes are made, they will lose because they're the Buffalo Bills.

That sounds a little like a curse, if you believe in such nonsense.

Night Train
09-16-2015, 03:26 PM
So you're saying that no matter what changes are made, they will lose because they're the Buffalo Bills.

Nonsense is his best friend.

chris66
09-16-2015, 05:26 PM

i am with you that the wild card is always the refs. even getting jobbed in the jauron years, the first game is always close. its the second game where they've perfected their film analysis and all their dirty tricks where the blowout happens.

i think the bills will lose this game because the pats are just getting more emboldened to cheat as they keep coming out unscathed. why would they change that now, especially with the bills looking fairly dominant and only 1 game of film.

Why not. If the Nfl is going to let them get away with there is no reason to stop.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-16-2015, 06:37 PM
if you feel like you want to go just go. those days usually end up being gold memories however they turn out

one big game cant remember which my mom and dad both wanted to go to the game with me but i only had two. i had never had a problem getting a single and even used my moms temp pass to park in the cripple lot near the scalpers post kick off bunker (near the fieldhouse) since that never fails to find a single. well it failed, first time ever for me. then we actually fought over whose offer to not go in we would accept. then my mom insisted she would just watch from her little tv in the car, so dad and me grudgingly went in since the game was already started

the first few minutes in the seats was weird bc we had left mom behind. it was tougher to get into the game. my dad tries to cheer up the mood by saying you know your mom i wouldnt be surprised to find out she finagles her way in somehow. i think he actually said finagles. not ten minutes later my phone rings and its very staticky and for thirty secs i can barely hear my mom saying i ... game ... you ... fun .... i said to my dad, i think shes telling us to have fun, yeah thanks mom we will, we love you. then suddenly like some freakin dramatic movie moment she pops in loud and clear, im in the game, somebody gave me a ticket and im in the players family section having a ball ...

lmao!!!

we had a great time. she kept calling us to give us updates which players mom she just high fived, etc. but i think we lost that one. maybe not, who knows, they all meld into one big blob eventually. doesnt matter, was another great day at the stadium
A colleague of mine here is from Buffalo and his family has Bills season tickets. His son in law is a Pats fan so he goes to the Bills-Pats game almost all the time -- with unhappy results, actually the two times he didn't go with his son in law, the Bills won both (Bledsoe, Fitz).

I've been pleading him to sell his ticket to me (I met his son in law before), just for Bills nation sake because he seems to be responsible for Bills bad luck at home against Pats in this new century. But he's not budging, won't even discuss price (which I'd be happy to pay more than face value) at all. He drives a truck with a Bills logo, not huge like Rex's though.

BertSquirtgum
09-16-2015, 06:44 PM

Worst post ever

OpIv37
09-16-2015, 06:47 PM
There is no relevance at all. Owner, GM, Coaches, and most importantly players are all different. I submit what happened in the past has no bearing on what's going to happen Sunday.

The only thing carried over is the name Buffalo Bills and the fans, who remember the history. Unfortunately we fans have no bearing on the performance of the team. So take my advice -- take it easy. It's a game. Enjoy every game as a new experience. Curse if they lose. Repeat next week.

In the past, all those things have changed except the owner, and the results were the same. It's still the present until proven otherwise.

OpIv37
09-16-2015, 06:50 PM
So you're saying that no matter what changes are made, they will lose because they're the Buffalo Bills.

Call it nonsense but it is the reality this team has lived through for 15 years and counting. GM's, coaches, players - everything changes except the results. It really happened and is still happening until proven otherwise.

OpIv37
09-16-2015, 06:52 PM

The NFL can't put an end to it. They tried and Robert Kraft responded with an embarrassing public smackdown from the federal courts. NE will keep cheating because the league is too impotent to stop them.

BertSquirtgum
09-16-2015, 07:21 PM
The NFL can't put an end to it. They tried and Robert Kraft responded with an embarrassing public smackdown from the federal courts. NE will keep cheating because the league is too impotent to stop them.

If the Bills go 11-5 and make the playoffs will you put an end to your negative posting?

Luisito23
09-17-2015, 03:21 PM
If the Bills go 11-5 and make the playoffs will you put an end to your negative posting?

No...A Superbowl win, or bust.

Joe Fo Sho
09-17-2015, 03:48 PM
No...A Superbowl win, or bust.

But even then, he'll just ***** about how we'll have to pay our top players because they have rings and we won't be able to keep our core of players for another Superbowl run and blah blah blah.

OpIv37
09-18-2015, 06:44 AM

Depends on if there is something negative to post about. I'll never understand why you people expect positive posts about a team that has struggled so badly. Reality is what it is and the reality is that the negative aspects of this team are what have defined their performance since the existence of this website. It's impossible to discuss the team honestly without discussing the negative aspects.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-18-2015, 06:59 AM
I watched the Broncos game last night with my friend here working for a sports agency. He mentioned from what he heard (players/agents) that the ESPN and other network's interest has a lot to do with this being the first game Pats played outside of their home after what went down in the off season. The media loves to have something happen to generate viewing and interest. But almost all agents have taken a cautious stand. Judging from Rex and the Bills players reaction thus far, I may even believe that they are told to mum on their personal opinions of the deflate gate -- no one, absolutely no one said anything on that. Guys like Aaron Williams simply said he hate the Pats for personal reasons but wouldn't elaborate.

Joe Fo Sho
09-18-2015, 07:11 AM
Depends on if there is something negative to post about.

There has never been a single team in the history of the NFL that finished the season without having some sort of negative characteristic. If you look hard enough, you can always find one.

I'll never understand why you people expect positive posts about a team that has struggled so badly. Reality is what it is and the reality is that the negative aspects of this team are what have defined their performance since the existence of this website. It's impossible to discuss the team honestly without discussing the negative aspects.

Of course there are negatives to this team, but there are also positives. The problem people are having is that you tend focus on the negatives, ignore the positives, and try to convince others that they need to focus on the negatives with you. It's really quite miserable.

wmoz11
09-18-2015, 07:37 AM

This is some of the worst logic I've ever heard.

thenry20
09-18-2015, 06:35 PM
That;s great.

We are building something here and the people crying for 15 years that nobody is paying attention to us are now silent. The Bills got tons of good pub since the win Sunday.

No, they are very vocal here about how we can't possibly beat them now or ever.

feldspar
09-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Call it nonsense but it is the reality this team has lived through for 15 years and counting. GM's, coaches, players - everything changes except the results. It really happened and is still happening until proven otherwise.

Like I said before, don't mistake negativity for insight.

ckg927
09-19-2015, 01:29 PM
Let me address a point stuckincincy made earlier on: What, exactly, is the risk/reward factor for the NFL in what you allege? Are you seriously going to tell us that the NFL would put at risk broadcasting deals in the billions of dollars...corporate sponsorships that bring in more money...and merchandising that brings in even more, all split between the 32 teams...just so the results of a game can be fiddled around with?

OpIv37
09-19-2015, 02:59 PM
There has never been a single team in the history of the NFL that finished the season without having some sort of negative characteristic. If you look hard enough, you can always find one.

Of course there are negatives to this team, but there are also positives. The problem people are having is that you tend focus on the negatives, ignore the positives, and try to convince others that they need to focus on the negatives with you. It's really quite miserable.
Once again, since the existence of this message board, the negatives have defined this team's performance, so of course that is the focus of discussion. Positives are meaningless when they aren't good enough to create wins.

OpIv37
09-19-2015, 03:00 PM
Like I said before, don't mistake negativity for insight.

I'm not. You're mistaking reality for negativity.

feldspar
09-19-2015, 03:06 PM
I'm not. You're mistaking reality for negativity.

Opie = the master of reality

LOL

Luisito23
09-19-2015, 05:12 PM
Positives are meaningless when they aren't good enough to create wins.

We won though...tomorrow the same.

OpIv37
09-19-2015, 09:17 PM
We won though...tomorrow the same.

We won one game. We've been here before with the same end result.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2015, 04:20 AM

I remember plenty of prime time game wins. It was just 20-25 years ago.

I'm ok with your negative feelings because the Bills haven't deserved to have unconditional support in a long time. However, I think this team is well coached and that is something we haven't had since Marv Levy days. I'd even argue this team even has a better staff.

Here's one more. I think the refs have our back today.

MidnightVoice
09-20-2015, 06:24 AM
I remember plenty of prime time game wins. It was just 20-25 years ago.

I'm ok with your negative feelings because the Bills haven't deserved to have unconditional support in a long time. However, I think this team is well coached and that is something we haven't had since Marv Levy days. I'd even argue this team even has a better staff.

Here's one more. I think the refs have our back today.

Watching in North Carolina before hitting the road. Jimbo looks good :D

YardRat
09-20-2015, 07:27 AM
Looks like the crowd is representing...nice to see a plethora of 'Cheaters' signs.

Famous Amos
09-20-2015, 07:28 AM
So, I watched this morning and I enjoyed it. They didn't just show shots of Niagara Falls, they showed shots of city hall, the naval park, the lighthouse across from the harbor, and the Ralph actually looked nice from where they set up their set. They were in front of the new entrance, there were some trees. It didnt just look like a stadium set down in the middle of a concrete/ asphalt jungle. the anchor was enjoying herself, the fans were out with some signs, I liked the "he rode in on a rexing ball" sign and the "cheaters win sometimes, not not today, 2-0" sign. But nothing too funny or clever. Im sure most fans would rather have stayed at their spot and tailgated. Lots of Bills features including one on Rex, one on Jimbo, one on McCoy, an olbigatory look back at the November storm last year, and coming up next they will talk to all of the Bills greats.

Jimkelly12203
09-20-2015, 08:27 AM
There's a dude holding a HUGE picture of that court room sketch of Brady that made him look like an ogre. There was a big stink over the thing on CNN.com among other places.

"how can you make such a bad depiction of this beautiful man???" The artist even went on TV to defend him/herself if i recall and drew a much nicer looking photo the next day.

Anyway, i'm drinking my coffee and watching sportscaster and i see this clown with the huge sign right behind hannah storm and i'm just laughing my ass off at how amazing it is. Whoever brought that thing gets mad props from me.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2015, 08:38 AM
The Brady sketch sign was classic!!!

HHURRICANE
09-20-2015, 08:39 AM
Love Pat the Patriot holding the ball with air coming out.... That was my second favorite.

BillsImpossible
09-20-2015, 10:18 AM
So, I watched this morning and I enjoyed it. They didn't just show shots of Niagara Falls, they showed shots of city hall, the naval park, the lighthouse across from the harbor, and the Ralph actually looked nice from where they set up their set. They were in front of the new entrance, there were some trees. It didnt just look like a stadium set down in the middle of a concrete/ asphalt jungle. the anchor was enjoying herself, the fans were out with some signs, I liked the "he rode in on a rexing ball" sign and the "cheaters win sometimes, not not today, 2-0" sign. But nothing too funny or clever. Im sure most fans would rather have stayed at their spot and tailgated. Lots of Bills features including one on Rex, one on Jimbo, one on McCoy, an olbigatory look back at the November storm last year, and coming up next they will talk to all of the Bills greats.

https://twitter.com/RyantheWzrd/status/645584024111415296

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPWTPz1U8AAYtwp.jpg