PDA

View Full Version : Interesting story on "the Deflator"

swiper
09-17-2015, 02:20 PM
“He was always worried about the footalls,’’ Baltz said. “Always. It was very odd. I reported him to the league, but never got any reaction from them. I don’t think they thought it was a big deal at the time. But [McNally] did things that 31 other locker room attendants don’t do. . . . All I know is, when he got [the footballs], he would run. He would take off. Whether he was going somewhere and letting air out, I’m definitely suspicious, but I don’t know for sure.’’

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/17/former-nfl-official-reported-mcnally-six-or-eight-years-ago/

Strongman
09-17-2015, 02:23 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/17/former-nfl-official-reported-mcnally-six-or-eight-years-ago/

Holy crap! And this was never brought up before?

GvilleBills
09-17-2015, 03:38 PM
He was just running to lose weight, sheesh, what is it with y'all? ;)

CommissarSpartacus
09-17-2015, 03:41 PM
http://www.footballzebras.com/2014/05/02/10833/

Turnover margin: 10 NFL officials not returning in 2014
by Mark Schultz • May 2, 2014

There will be at least 10 officials who will will not return to the field in 2014. At the end of the season, five officials were confirmed to be retiring. A few weeks later, Football Zebras was first to report that Ron Winter had retired.

We now know that head linesman Mark Baltz, back judge Don Carey, and side judge Keith Parham will not be back for the 2014 season. In addition, back judge Billy Smith will be a replay official. (All four did not respond to our requests for comment; the league, citing longstanding practice, declined to comment.)

Mark Baltz officiated in the NFL for 26 seasons and, along with Walt Coleman, was the longest tenured official in the league in the 2013 season. Baltz worked 21 postseason games, including several conference championship rounds, but he never officiated a Super Bowl, despite being the number one ranked head linesman on more than one occasion, according to reports.

...more...

:rofl:

Balt2 thought the guy was acting suspicious?

McNally played catch with Tom Brady?

What are the odds that Balt2 was "retired" because of the onset of dementia?

And who do you think fattened up his retirement fund for smearing a lowly ball boy?

Hmmmm?

Goobylal
09-17-2015, 04:06 PM
And yet Walt Coleman is still a ref. No, we know the Cheaters cheat. Baltz isn't telling us anything new.

Thurmal
09-17-2015, 05:00 PM
Would love to know the amount he got paid to sign the NDA.

Goobylal
09-17-2015, 05:37 PM
Would love to know the amount he got paid to sign the NDA.
Same here. And re-hiring them is a good way to ensure they shut their mouths.

trapezeus
09-18-2015, 07:11 AM
a case where the nfl covered for the pats? couldn't possibly be the case. they only destroyed the spygate footage immediately, they only left the pats unaffected after the initial claims of deflating, they only let the pats play on the edge with illegal formations during hte playoffs are it had been noted that they were outside the rules, they only covered for the headset issue by conflicting the very papers they have.

so it's impossible to believe a ref would say "1 out of 31 trainers acted suspciciously and was called out for it, but nothing happened". Probably should just give them the benefit of the doubt again.

thenry20
09-18-2015, 06:17 PM
I read that article before it was posted here. Doesn't surprise me one bit, why does it shock everybody else. There will come a day when everything the Pats did will come t light--including what we never found out about.

swiper
09-19-2015, 05:15 AM
I read that article before it was posted here. Doesn't surprise me one bit, why does it shock everybody else. There will come a day when everything the Pats did will come t light--including what we never found out about.

I wonder how long the other owners will tolerate Kraft's antics.

HHURRICANE
09-19-2015, 05:24 AM
I believe Brady knew and the balls were deflated but this story is over.

The way to defeat Satan is to believe in Jesus.

Go Bills!!

HHURRICANE
09-19-2015, 05:26 AM
I believe Brady knew and the balls were deflated but this story is over.

The way to defeat Satan is to believe in Jesus.

Go Bills!!

Btw Satan would be Brady in my scenario above.

notacon
09-19-2015, 08:51 AM
So...now it's confirmed that Brady has been cheating for at least 6 years. On top of the chronic cheating exposed by the ESPN article. There is no doubt that the Patriots....spurred by Bill Belichick, are serial, pathological cheaters.

Every one of the Pat's Super Bowl titles should come under question now.

Goobylal
09-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Maybe nothing further comes of it, but everyone knows they're cheaters and look at their championships as tainted.