Week 2: Bills Vs. Patriots - How Many Runs Vs. How Many Passes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Week 2: Bills Vs. Patriots - How Many Runs Vs. How Many Passes?

The Bills ran the ball 36 times against the Colts, and passed 19 times.

They dominated Indianapolis, ran the ball like a stubborn pig even though they couldn't run much, milked the clock and kept Luck off the field.

Aren't the Colts very similar to the Patriots on paper? Would you approach this game the same way?

Two very good quarterbacks, two bad defenses, and two up in the air offensive lines in the Patriots and Colts.

I'd be tempted to, "open it up," and let Tyrod Taylor make more throws against the Patriots defense, but if Rex's ground and pound recipe works, why change it?

A winburger is a winburger.

21 passes for T-Mobile.

34 runs for Shady and, "Free Karlos."

How many runs vs. how many passes?
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: Week 2: Bills Vs. Patriots - How Many Runs Vs. How Many Passes?

I think it'll about be the same. Belichick knows Ryan means to run, so Ryan should try to pass more, but really won't, because he thinks they'll be expecting the pass when they're going to run instead, so Belichick knows Ryan knows Belichick knows what Ryan knows, and Ryan knows Belichick knows he knows so they'll both do the same thing anyway, knowing the other knows they know, and not wanting to spend any more thought on it because it's aggravating.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mace View Post
      I think it'll about be the same. Belichick knows Ryan means to run, so Ryan should try to pass more, but really won't, because he thinks they'll be expecting the pass when they're going to run instead, so Belichick knows Ryan knows Belichick knows what Ryan knows, and Ryan knows Belichick knows he knows so they'll both do the same thing anyway, knowing the other knows they know, and not wanting to spend any more thought on it because it's aggravating.
      After reading this in reverse, I think this means Belichick wants and thinks the Bills will run like he wanted Thurman Thomas to rush for over 100 yards in Super Bowl XXV.

The evil Hoody wants the Bills to run.

Does that mean they should pass more, or keep running like a stubborn pig?

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
        After reading this in reverse, I think this means Belichick wants and thinks the Bills will run like he wanted Thurman Thomas to rush for over 100 yards in Super Bowl XXV.

The evil Hoody wants the Bills to run.

Does that mean they should pass more, or keep running like a stubborn pig?
        I really think he wants them to pass to get into a shootout that they can't win with Brady. I think he knows they should try and pass but will run. I think Ryan has every intention of beating them up with the run whether they like it or not. This game will be when we can carve a team up with the right passes, and go back to eating up clock with the run to keep it away from Brady.

If they can get away with it, I'd keep running like a stubborn pig and beat them up on the lines. I just don't know whether they can get away with it and whether or not Taylor can slice them that well when he needs to.

Maybe's. But it's a home game. Maybe's work better in home games early.

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

Keep in mind that 9 of those 36 runs were by Tyrod Taylor and I think only one of them appeared to be an actual designed run for him. Tyrod is going to take off when he needs to, but I expect the play calling to still be pretty close to 50/50 between run and pass.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

35 runs 28 passes.However I believe it depends on what the pats try and do.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
              • Nov 2007

Depends on the early score. If the cheaters get ahead early then the run pass balances will be flipped
              I came.
              I saw.
              I conquered.

Comment

Working...
              X