PDA

View Full Version : Biggest game in 3 decades. Bills have to win now!!

HHURRICANE
09-19-2015, 05:46 AM
Like a lot of you I've been enjoying the hype for this game. However, this AM I was reading all the posts here and now I'm starting to worry a little.

If smug face Brady and that annoying POS Gronk come here and make mince meat of us the media is going to have a field day.

This is the biggest game in 3 decades. I say this because there are very few times where a game matters this much. Obviously a playoff game would be bigger but this game has bearing on whether we make the playoffs and it sets the tone for the season.

Now Guiness will be there....great. I can read it now: Loudest crowd ever to cheer on losing team.

Skooby
09-19-2015, 07:16 AM
Why does everything need to end in negatives ?? Why can't we just win and enjoy ourselves ? If you told me last week we'd assuredly be up 24-0 on the Colts and eventually take our foot off the gas to secure the win, I'd be like I'd take that.

What if we didn't take our foot off the gas, what would of been the final score then ?? 38-17 ? We have a good team, they showed up in the field in charge.

swiper
09-19-2015, 07:23 AM
The op must be related to BillsImpossible somehow.

Night Train
09-19-2015, 07:30 AM
It's called Hype.

We don't have to win it, since 1-1 doesn't eliminate you from playoff contention but I'll just cheer them on and hope for the best. I'm confident.

notacon
09-19-2015, 08:53 AM
The emotion of this game is not lost on the Bills players. Win or lose, I want to see their fire.

I also want to see Brady on his ass as much as possible.

Typ0
09-19-2015, 08:56 AM
I tried to explain how big this game is in another thread....no one was buying into it LOL.

Dr. Who
09-19-2015, 09:13 AM
It's true that 1 - 1 is hardly a disaster for the season.
Still, it feels way more important than that.
I'm kind of afraid that Miami may be a letdown game no matter what happens.
If this team somehow manages to start 3 - 0 strong, however, I think the momentum
could build to a juggernaut season.

feldspar
09-19-2015, 09:22 AM
Why not just call it a big game and leave it at that?

Dr. Who
09-19-2015, 09:32 AM
Because Sunday at one is taking too long to get here.

The last buffalo fan
09-19-2015, 09:50 AM
Regular Season it is only a 16 games competition, so my guess is EVERY single game is a must win for EVERY team in the NFL.

sudzy
09-19-2015, 09:51 AM
Biggest game in 3 decades? You know that includes the Super Bowls right? Those were pretty big games. I would love to beat the Pats tomorrow. But, this isn't even the biggest game of the last decade.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-19-2015, 10:05 AM
This does feel like a turning point as a franchise, the same as the 2004 Steelers game was (in the wrong direction)

New owner, new coach, new quarterback, same rivals. It would be nice to finally punch back for once.

Don't Panic
09-19-2015, 11:32 AM
I'm fairly certain the last time I was this hyped for a Bills game was 20 years ago minimum. This is beyond huge, even if it only counts for one scratch in the W or L column. I want to end a dynasty tomorrow. I want them gone, and I want our time to come. Sure... we all have the flinch default of imagining the worst, but this is now, not the past. Now feels good, even if we do come in wearing a black hat. They do too...

Dr. Who
09-19-2015, 12:33 PM
I'm fairly certain the last time I was this hyped for a Bills game was 20 years ago minimum. This is beyond huge, even if it only counts for one scratch in the W or L column. I want to end a dynasty tomorrow. I want them gone, and I want our time to come. Sure... we all have the flinch default of imagining the worst, but this is now, not the past. Now feels good, even if we do come in wearing a black hat. They do too...

Why are we wearing a black hat? I'm pretty sure most of the nation wants us to Clint Eastwood these smug cheaters.

Don't Panic
09-19-2015, 02:02 PM
Why are we wearing a black hat? I'm pretty sure most of the nation wants us to Clint Eastwood these smug cheaters.

I see this team as having a pretty strong antihero thing going. You got Rex, declaring us a bully. We have incognito, Percy Harvin, and IK all on the roster. It's definitely not a good guy vibe, which is cool, but is what it is. It might not be black, but it's definitely not white.

Dr. Who
09-19-2015, 03:06 PM
I see this team as having a pretty strong antihero thing going. You got Rex, declaring us a bully. We have incognito, Percy Harvin, and IK all on the roster. It's definitely not a good guy vibe, which is cool, but is what it is. It might not be black, but it's definitely not white.

Alright, I can see that. But there's a big difference between the Pats****, who are arrogant, smug, unrepentant cheaters and crazy uncle rex who talks big and has binders of double-secret genius plays set up to baffle the other side. The Pats are like the rich, good-looking guy with skill who cheats anyway because he can get away with it. I think Incognito is more a typical dumb jock who got caught up dealing with a head case and a load of political correctness. Mind you, I think Richie is crude and his sensibility is disagreeable to my own. So, okay, we may be rough around the edges, just the kind of anti-hero hero a lot of America loves to root for.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-19-2015, 03:55 PM
I think Incognito is more a typical dumb jock who got caught up dealing with a head case and a load of political correctness. Mind you, I think Richie is crude and his sensibility is disagreeable to my own. So, okay, we may be rough around the edges, just the kind of anti-hero hero a lot of America loves to root for.

No. Ritchie Incognito was a cheap-shotting, **** talking goon for years. He was voted dirtiest player in the NFL and got cut from multiple teams over his repeated personal fouls long before he met Martin.

HHURRICANE
09-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Biggest game in 3 decades? You know that includes the Super Bowls right? Those were pretty big games. I would love to beat the Pats tomorrow. But, this isn't even the biggest game of the last decade.

I was at Super Bowl 25. Biggest game in 3 decades. Any game that leads to actually winning a Super Bowl is bigger.

Discotrish
09-19-2015, 10:12 PM
If the Patriots win it will certainly leave the Bills and Bills fans feeling deflated.

Patti

Jimkelly12203
09-19-2015, 10:44 PM
winning would be great. Even if we lose we can still get even and win the division. It makes it harder, but whatever...

Any person here that has a reasonable bone in their body would settle for 1-1 against our first two opponents.

We're playing with house money at this point.

Which makes it all the more exciting.

Let er rip! Nothing to lose. Go and kill!!!!

HHURRICANE
09-20-2015, 04:04 AM
This mentality of "well it will be nice to see my team play well" is the reason we have been losers for 15 years. 1-1 is .500 and probably last place in the division after this weekend.

Please don't go to the game, if you have tickets, with that attitude. Stay home and give the tickets to someone who expects their team to win today.

Half this board has been conditioned to lose. This is why I dislike Russ Brandon.

I expect the Bills to go out and take care of business today. Anything less than a win today tells me this team isn't a playoff team.

sudzy
09-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Well we just lost the biggest game in three decades. And it really wasn't even as close as the scoreboard made it seem. Now what?

HHURRICANE
09-20-2015, 06:18 PM
As I said above....guess we aren't a playoff team.