Biggest game in 3 decades. Bills have to win now!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Biggest game in 3 decades. Bills have to win now!!

Like a lot of you I've been enjoying the hype for this game. However, this AM I was reading all the posts here and now I'm starting to worry a little.

If smug face Brady and that annoying POS Gronk come here and make mince meat of us the media is going to have a field day.

This is the biggest game in 3 decades. I say this because there are very few times where a game matters this much. Obviously a playoff game would be bigger but this game has bearing on whether we make the playoffs and it sets the tone for the season.

Now Guiness will be there....great. I can read it now: Loudest crowd ever to cheer on losing team.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Biggest game in 3 decades. Bills have to win now!!

Why does everything need to end in negatives ?? Why can't we just win and enjoy ourselves ? If you told me last week we'd assuredly be up 24-0 on the Colts and eventually take our foot off the gas to secure the win, I'd be like I'd take that.

What if we didn't take our foot off the gas, what would of been the final score then ?? 38-17 ? We have a good team, they showed up in the field in charge.

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

The op must be related to BillsImpossible somehow.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

It's called Hype.

We don't have to win it, since 1-1 doesn't eliminate you from playoff contention but I'll just cheer them on and hope for the best. I'm confident.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

The emotion of this game is not lost on the Bills players. Win or lose, I want to see their fire.

I also want to see Brady on his ass as much as possible.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

I tried to explain how big this game is in another thread....no one was buying into it LOL.

Comment

• Dr. Who
              • Jul 2002

It's true that 1 - 1 is hardly a disaster for the season.
              Still, it feels way more important than that.
              I'm kind of afraid that Miami may be a letdown game no matter what happens.
              If this team somehow manages to start 3 - 0 strong, however, I think the momentum
              could build to a juggernaut season.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

Why not just call it a big game and leave it at that?

Comment

• Dr. Who
                  • Jul 2002

Because Sunday at one is taking too long to get here.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                    I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                    • Sep 2004

Regular Season it is only a 16 games competition, so my guess is EVERY single game is a must win for EVERY team in the NFL.
                    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• sudzy
                      • Apr 2013

Biggest game in 3 decades? You know that includes the Super Bowls right? Those were pretty big games. I would love to beat the Pats tomorrow. But, this isn't even the biggest game of the last decade.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

This does feel like a turning point as a franchise, the same as the 2004 Steelers game was (in the wrong direction)

New owner, new coach, new quarterback, same rivals. It would be nice to finally punch back for once.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Don't Panic
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Dec 2005

I'm fairly certain the last time I was this hyped for a Bills game was 20 years ago minimum. This is beyond huge, even if it only counts for one scratch in the W or L column. I want to end a dynasty tomorrow. I want them gone, and I want our time to come. Sure... we all have the flinch default of imagining the worst, but this is now, not the past. Now feels good, even if we do come in wearing a black hat. They do too...

Comment

• Dr. Who
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
                            I'm fairly certain the last time I was this hyped for a Bills game was 20 years ago minimum. This is beyond huge, even if it only counts for one scratch in the W or L column. I want to end a dynasty tomorrow. I want them gone, and I want our time to come. Sure... we all have the flinch default of imagining the worst, but this is now, not the past. Now feels good, even if we do come in wearing a black hat. They do too...
                            Why are we wearing a black hat? I'm pretty sure most of the nation wants us to Clint Eastwood these smug cheaters.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                              Why are we wearing a black hat? I'm pretty sure most of the nation wants us to Clint Eastwood these smug cheaters.
                              I see this team as having a pretty strong antihero thing going. You got Rex, declaring us a bully. We have incognito, Percy Harvin, and IK all on the roster. It's definitely not a good guy vibe, which is cool, but is what it is. It might not be black, but it's definitely not white.

Comment

Working...
                              X