PDA

View Full Version : Bills are undisciplined.

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2015, 01:07 PM
I can only hope this gets better or this team won't make the playoffs. Rex is a player's coach, but has to get this team under control. Can't be their friend all the time. Need to be the dad and get them in line.

Novacane
09-20-2015, 01:32 PM
There were some questionable calls but I agree. The stupid talking penalties are inexcusable. Just shut up and play

SpikedLemonade
09-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Rex is entertaining during the week though isn't he?

Meathead
09-20-2015, 02:46 PM
really super unacceptable

penalties could have easily been the deciding factor of the game. team totally unprepared emotionally to handle the intensity of this game

a very bad reflection on rex. needs to do something dramatic like benching a starter

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2015, 05:51 PM
Really speaks volumes and unless Rex changes, we may be looking at Jets 2.0.

Mace
09-20-2015, 05:54 PM
Oh I think they'll make the playoffs, then unsportsmanlike conduct themselves out of them. We are certainly looking at the Jets 2.0.

BleedinGreenNC
09-20-2015, 06:19 PM
Boy all of this talk sounds familiar.

jamze132
09-21-2015, 10:40 AM
Lost by 8 pts, gave up over 140 yrds in penalties.

MillsapsBillsFan
09-21-2015, 10:46 AM
Game probably would have been even worse if the pats didnt take a lot of dumb penalties too. Bills are very undisciplined and that starts at the top. I think this is part of the Rex Ryan way, so I wouldnt be surprised to see at least a couple of dumb penalties every week.

Someone needs to try and fix it though. You cant win a game giving the other team 140 yards on just the accepted penalties.

yordad
09-21-2015, 10:51 AM
The Bills were flagged for talking. Seriously? A taunting after a play the Pats scored? What could Williams possibly have said that was more wrong that the shoving that happens at the end of every play of every game? This isnt high school.

M
09-21-2015, 10:51 AM
Rex is the HC but if I'm the DC, OC, ST coach, I am getting in my player's faces about the dumb penalties that went on yesterday.

GreedoII
09-21-2015, 10:57 AM
I can only hope this gets better or this team won't make the playoffs. Rex is a player's coach, but has to get this team under control. Can't be their friend all the time. Need to be the dad and get them in line.

Thanks Capt Obvious..try harder on these stupid threads

gebobs
09-21-2015, 11:11 AM
There were some questionable calls but I agree. The stupid talking penalties are inexcusable. Just shut up and play
Let's not have any of the "refs were one sided" and "Brady gets all the calls". When you get called for a few dozen penalties, the refs are going to blow a few of them. And when the refs get used to seeing you being lazy and undisciplined, don't be surprised when they look for it.

gebobs
09-21-2015, 11:15 AM
The Bills were flagged for talking. Seriously? A taunting after a play the Pats scored? What could Williams possibly have said that was more wrong that the shoving that happens at the end of every play of every game? This isnt high school.

On the other hand, what the heck is Williams going off about anyway? Not only were we getting run roughshod over, it came immediately on the heels of another touchdown. My first inclination at that point is going to be to look to myself and figure out what the fark I am doing wrong and not worry about telling an ex-teammate that his wife is uglier than he is.

feldspar
09-21-2015, 11:43 AM
The Bills are the most penalized team so far this year, but it's only been two games. 25 enforced penalties so far.

The Bills were the second most penalized team last year, and that's over the course of the entire season. Seems there was already a problem there.

If you look at the bulk of enforced penalties by a Rex Ryan coached team over the years, they aren't that astronomically high, at least relative to other teams. Of course, some penalties are more costly than others based on the situation, and the stats may show a ten-yard penalty or whatever, when it really could have cost your team 50 yards in effect.

These special teams penalties are getting downright ridiculous anymore, and not just for the Bills. I'm more surprised when there ISN'T a flag thrown on a return than when there IS.

Check out the enforced penalty statistics over the years:

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?yr=2015

feldspar
09-24-2015, 06:07 AM
Here are a couple more factoids that I found interesting:

The Seahawks had more enforced penalties than any other team during the regular season in 2013 and 2014. Of course, they made the Super Bowl both years, winning one and almost winning the other.

The team with the fewest enforced penalties last year? The Jacksonville Jaguars, who went 3-13.

gebobs
09-24-2015, 08:43 AM
The Bills were the second most penalized team last year

The Seahawks had more enforced penalties than any other team during the regular season in 2013 and 2014.

Not a good predictor of performance I guess.

Ingtar33
09-24-2015, 08:45 AM

The Seahawks had more enforced penalties than any other team during the regular season in 2013 and 2014. Of course, they made the Super Bowl both years, winning one and almost winning the other.

The team with the fewest enforced penalties last year? The Jacksonville Jaguars, who went 3-13.

defensive penalties, especially in this day and age seem to be more an indication of the type of coverage (man vs zone) and the level of competitiveness (more important the game, and the better the defense the more penalties get called). if you're on a 3-13 team most of your games don't matter so as a player you won't contest much on defense

special teams penalties are a discipline thing, always have been, always will be. Mostly the same could be said about offensive penalties.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-24-2015, 08:49 AM

The type of penalties matter., as well. A bunch of 5 yard illegal procedure calls are obnoxious but can be surmounted. Pass interference/holding (both off and def)/Personal fouls/etc are drive-swinging, game-changing penalties.

FWIW, I think defensive holding should be a 10 yard, replay the down penalty rather then an automatic first. It makes me rage when a ticky tack hold 3 yards downfield on 3rd and 15 converts the down.

Turf
09-24-2015, 12:27 PM
really super unacceptable

penalties could have easily been the deciding factor of the game. team totally unprepared emotionally to handle the intensity of this game

a very bad reflection on rex. needs to do something dramatic like benching a starter

The personal foul on the fumble return was unacceptable and really hurt the worse not to mention totally unnecessary.

Night Train
09-24-2015, 01:05 PM
The worry with me is every ST's return of a punt or kickoff draws a blocking in the back flag.

justasportsfan
09-24-2015, 01:38 PM
“I put it on myself first,” Ryan said. “I think I have to do a better job of staying in control too and this team’s very much like me. But I have to hold myself accountable just like I hold the team accountable and so it starts with me. I’m not going to be as animated or whatever if you will. I’ve got to control my language I think a little bit sometimes on the sideline. I think that’ll help, that’s going to be the first thing and then our team as well.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/09/24/rex-better-team-discipline-starts-with-me/

Bill Cody
09-24-2015, 02:56 PM
This was Rex's problem in NY. If the NFL is Animal House, Bellichick is Nedemeyer and Rex is Bluto

feldspar
09-24-2015, 03:19 PM
This was Rex's problem in NY. If the NFL is Animal House, Bellichick is Nedemeyer and Rex is Bluto

Just so long as Rex isn't Flounder.

Bill Cody
09-24-2015, 03:22 PM

No, he's not. Rex is a leader, like Bluto. No doubt he had the guys jacked. Too jacked and with too little direction.

feldspar
09-24-2015, 03:26 PM
No, he's not. Rex is a leader, like Bluto. No doubt he had the guys jacked. Too jacked and with too little direction.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

I'm told this was Rex's rallying cry this week...

Generalissimus Gibby
09-24-2015, 03:56 PM
All I can say is Wagoncircler predicted this in his Buffalo Thugs thread. Yes, I know it turned kinda bigoted but this team is way too damn lax when it comes to discipline. I don't mind characters as football players do not make role models, but I do mind football players getting in trouble with the law and/or doing stupid **** on the field that hurts the team's chances of winning. Teams like New England* that the refs and league love are not the sort of opponent you want to turn into a flag fest. I could handle and expect bull**** flags against them, but when you allow the league to penalize you for stupid ****, of course you aren't going to win.

BillsImpossible
09-24-2015, 05:50 PM
NFL referees are undisciplined.

The Bills got off to an amazing start, marched down the field, scored, and then the defense made Brady go 3 and out on the Pats first drive.

To kill the momentum like Raid killing a nest of hornets, the zebras crapped yellow all over the field.

Why was Aaron Williams so pissed off? Because he knew the refs were making rigged calls.

The penalty on the Bills bench (Ryan) came from the referee on the other side of the field.

Every player knew what was up.

New England has gotten away with cheating for many years, but it hasn't been just the Patriots doing the cheating.

Nothing has changed. It's all a script. Enjoy the show.

gebobs
09-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Do please shut up with that noise.

Famous Amos
09-25-2015, 04:05 AM
Richie Incognito has been pretty disciplined. Imagine if he got off to his old self with the personal fouls etc.

Bill Cody
09-25-2015, 12:49 PM
NFL referees are undisciplined.

The Bills got off to an amazing start, marched down the field, scored, and then the defense made Brady go 3 and out on the Pats first drive.

To kill the momentum like Raid killing a nest of hornets, the zebras crapped yellow all over the field.

Why was Aaron Williams so pissed off? Because he knew the refs were making rigged calls.

The penalty on the Bills bench (Ryan) came from the referee on the other side of the field.

Every player knew what was up.

New England has gotten away with cheating for many years, but it hasn't been just the Patriots doing the cheating.

Nothing has changed. It's all a script. Enjoy the show.

Put the tin foil hat back on, load up on canned food and go back to your bunker.

NE has a better QB, a better coach and a lot of good players. The Bills lost their cool and it wasn't because of any great conspiracy with the refs, for God's sake man open your eyes. Rex was primed to stuff the run and NE didn't run, Brady played well and Gronk is an animal. On D line our line was invisible against a team starting 3 rookies on OL. We got whooped. Time to regroup and get better, not play the "it's all fixed card" I hate people that do that, pitiful.

stuckincincy
09-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Put the tin foil hat back on, load up on canned food and go back to your bunker.

NE has a better QB, a better coach and a lot of good players. The Bills lost their cool and it wasn't because of any great conspiracy with the refs, for God's sake man open your eyes. Rex was primed to stuff the run and NE didn't run, Brady played well and Gronk is an animal. On D line our line was invisible against a team starting 3 rookies on OL. We got whooped. Time to regroup and get better, not play the "it's all fixed card" I hate people that do that, pitiful.

Rex was primed to stuff the run? What team sets up to key on the NE run? What he or his DC did do is have a bunch of defenders hang out around or in proximity of the LOS. Blitz or not if you like, but crowding up within 5 yards or so with faux blitzers bobbing in or out is not the place to be when NE snaps the ball. Position yer players!

I understand that NFL plays are a constant flux, but it's not like NE's tendencies aren't well-known.

Re Tyrod: Rookie, 4 year bench warmer pro, DEs playing good DE play, OL failures, whatever. You have to have something going on in your head to suffer 8 sacks. That's a lack of situational awareness. And same for the BUF staff - not detecting such.

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2015, 02:05 PM

"Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son."

Classic line for the ages.

BuffaloRedleg
09-26-2015, 06:06 AM
People can talk about whatever they want, but this is the #1 reason we lost Sunday.

On the one hand that is good news because this is a fixable problem, on the other hand I'm pretty sure Rex Ryan teams are always like this so it might not be going away.