• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Bills are undisciplined.

I can only hope this gets better or this team won't make the playoffs. Rex is a player's coach, but has to get this team under control. Can't be their friend all the time. Need to be the dad and get them in line.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills are undisciplined.

There were some questionable calls but I agree. The stupid talking penalties are inexcusable. Just shut up and play

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Rex is entertaining during the week though isn't he?

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

really super unacceptable

penalties could have easily been the deciding factor of the game. team totally unprepared emotionally to handle the intensity of this game

a very bad reflection on rex. needs to do something dramatic like benching a starter
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Really speaks volumes and unless Rex changes, we may be looking at Jets 2.0.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Oh I think they'll make the playoffs, then unsportsmanlike conduct themselves out of them. We are certainly looking at the Jets 2.0.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
              • Sep 2004

Boy all of this talk sounds familiar.

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

Lost by 8 pts, gave up over 140 yrds in penalties.

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
                  • Mar 2015

Game probably would have been even worse if the pats didnt take a lot of dumb penalties too. Bills are very undisciplined and that starts at the top. I think this is part of the Rex Ryan way, so I wouldnt be surprised to see at least a couple of dumb penalties every week.

Someone needs to try and fix it though. You cant win a game giving the other team 140 yards on just the accepted penalties.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

The Bills were flagged for talking. Seriously? A taunting after a play the Pats scored? What could Williams possibly have said that was more wrong that the shoving that happens at the end of every play of every game? This isnt high school.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• M
                      • Aug 2006

Rex is the HC but if I'm the DC, OC, ST coach, I am getting in my player's faces about the dumb penalties that went on yesterday.
                      Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• GreedoII
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
                        I can only hope this gets better or this team won't make the playoffs. Rex is a player's coach, but has to get this team under control. Can't be their friend all the time. Need to be the dad and get them in line.

Thanks Capt Obvious..try harder on these stupid threads

Comment

• gebobs
                          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                          There were some questionable calls but I agree. The stupid talking penalties are inexcusable. Just shut up and play
                          Let's not have any of the "refs were one sided" and "Brady gets all the calls". When you get called for a few dozen penalties, the refs are going to blow a few of them. And when the refs get used to seeing you being lazy and undisciplined, don't be surprised when they look for it.
                          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• gebobs
                            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by yordad View Post
                            The Bills were flagged for talking. Seriously? A taunting after a play the Pats scored? What could Williams possibly have said that was more wrong that the shoving that happens at the end of every play of every game? This isnt high school.
                            On the other hand, what the heck is Williams going off about anyway? Not only were we getting run roughshod over, it came immediately on the heels of another touchdown. My first inclination at that point is going to be to look to myself and figure out what the fark I am doing wrong and not worry about telling an ex-teammate that his wife is uglier than he is.
                            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

The Bills are the most penalized team so far this year, but it's only been two games. 25 enforced penalties so far.

The Bills were the second most penalized team last year, and that's over the course of the entire season. Seems there was already a problem there.

If you look at the bulk of enforced penalties by a Rex Ryan coached team over the years, they aren't that astronomically high, at least relative to other teams. Of course, some penalties are more costly than others based on the situation, and the stats may show a ten-yard penalty or whatever, when it really could have cost your team 50 yards in effect.

These special teams penalties are getting downright ridiculous anymore, and not just for the Bills. I'm more surprised when there ISN'T a flag thrown on a return than when there IS.

Check out the enforced penalty statistics over the years:

Comment

Working...
                              X