PDA

View Full Version : Do We All Now Agree This OL is a Piece of Crap?

SpikedLemonade
09-20-2015, 01:38 PM
How did we ever believe that we could successfully construct a successful NFL team by spending 25 more times on the DL than the OL?

trapezeus
09-20-2015, 01:40 PM
I agree that we have some bs posters

Novacane
09-20-2015, 01:46 PM
Look at the positive side. Everyone worried about how we will resign Glenn can stop worrying.

SpikedLemonade
09-20-2015, 01:46 PM
Seems to me that those who thought any 5 fat guys (including a red neck bigot) could play OL in the NFL were wrong.

You need actual talent on the OL to make the rest of the offense work.

Instead we went dumpster diving.

justasportsfan
09-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Imo, TT was confused at times. Roman got outcoached

feldspar
09-20-2015, 02:35 PM
I'm more worried about the Bills billion-dollar d-line against those rookies on the Patriots interior.

For Christ's sake, Brady throws for 466 yards or something?

Crisis
09-20-2015, 02:36 PM
Glenn was absolute garbage. Maybe his next team will be able to move him to guard successfully.

Novacane
09-20-2015, 02:44 PM
A few of those sacks were on TT. The running game was effective. The biggest problem was Glenn getting beaten constantly We have bigger problems than OL.

YardRat
09-20-2015, 02:45 PM
The oline certainly isn't as good as some would like to think, but Taylor didn't help them any...he needs to get rid of the football.

OpIv37
09-20-2015, 03:47 PM

That's exactly what I said would happen all week and I took major **** for saying it...

IlluminatusUIUC
09-20-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm more worried about the Bills billion-dollar d-line against those rookies on the Patriots interior.

For Christ's sake, Brady throws for 466 yards or something?

As I said in the other thread, the DL couldn't reach Brady on most plays because he didn't even need to move to his second read. Snap. Look. Throw. It doesn't matter how good your DL is, a shotgun quaarterback will eat it alive if you can't cover a slant.

starrymessenger
09-20-2015, 04:04 PM
Seems to me that those who thought any 5 fat guys (including a red neck bigot) could play OL in the NFL were wrong.

You need actual talent on the OL to make the rest of the offense work.

Instead we went dumpster diving.

That red neck bigot is the only one on that line who can play.

Mace
09-20-2015, 04:13 PM
I don't know. Just my opinion, but I think Roman's rushing oriented offense and blocking schemes didn't prepare them for a passing shootout, and neither did his game plan, and David Lee is a junk QB coach. I'll give them a few weeks.

The offense just looked like it brought a hammer to a gunfight and they should have known better.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-20-2015, 04:20 PM
That red neck bigot is the only one on that line who can play.

It sure looked like that was his man coming through to sack Tyrod on our own 1.

YardRat
09-20-2015, 04:25 PM
It sure looked like that was his man coming through to sack Tyrod on our own 1.

I thought Wood whiffed on a stunt on that one. There were so many of them to try to remember, though, I admit I might be wrong.

paladin warrior
09-20-2015, 04:47 PM
Yes it is. Full of crap sh ! Ty

Mace
09-20-2015, 05:47 PM
Yes it is. Full of crap sh ! Ty

Not sure what you mean ?

The Jokeman
09-20-2015, 06:00 PM

Tyrod played like a QB making his first official NFL start. A lot of the sacks were on him not on the O-line, also he wasn't careful with the ball. That INT before the end of the first half was inexcusable. As giving Brady a short field killed us early. I won't blame him solely on the lost but he didn't do anything that would say could have won us the game outside the first drive of the game.

Bill Cody
09-20-2015, 06:36 PM
How did we ever believe that we could successfully construct a successful NFL team by spending 25 more times on the DL than the OL?
To be fair, NE has an undrafted free agent starting at center, a rookie 4th rounder at one guard spot and a rookie 5th at the other guard spot. And this is nothing new there. They dumpster dive a lot on OL, the difference is they know what they're diving for.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2015, 06:39 PM
This line can run block but cannot pass block.

Tyrod had some blame but I watched Glenn get manhandled today.

Henderson might be the best player on the line.

Bill Cody
09-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Tyrod played like a QB making his first official NFL start. A lot of the sacks were on him not on the O-line, also he wasn't careful with the ball. That INT before the end of the first half was inexcusable. As giving Brady a short field killed us early. I won't blame him solely on the lost but he didn't do anything that would say could have won us the game outside the first drive of the game.
It was pretty predictable. NE put 8 in the box, played tight on the receivers and kept their rushers in their lanes, basically daring Taylor to beat them down field from the pocket. He couldn't do it.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-20-2015, 06:41 PM
To be fair, NE has an undrafted free agent starting at center, a rookie 4th rounder at one guard spot and a rookie 5th at the other guard spot. And this is nothing new there. They dumpster dive a lot on OL, the difference is they know what they're diving for.

New England is really good at playing to their strengths and really, really good at shutting down yours. They have an elite QB and a high speed offense so they never really see stacked boxes or complex schemes. They almost always know who's coming because defenses have to commit early, and Brady makes up for their occasional mistakes by his pocket movement and football smarts (watch how many times he simply drills the ball into the ground next to his halfback).

bdutton
09-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Brady was getting the ball off much faster. TT was sitting back waiting too long to throw. Maybe it was because of coverage or confusion.

The Jokeman
09-20-2015, 06:46 PM
New England is really good at playing to their strengths and really, really good at shutting down yours. They have an elite QB and a high speed offense so they never really see stacked boxes or complex schemes. They almost always know who's coming because defenses have to commit early, and Brady makes up for their occasional mistakes by his pocket movement and football smarts (watch how many times he simply drills the ball into the ground next to his halfback).

To beat New England you have to be damn near perfect on offense and keep the ball for long stretches to keep the ball out of Brady's hands. That or have the ball last and only down less than a TD and have a clutch QB. Tyrod struggled today when it counted the most and a big reason why we lost. What killed us early was giving them the short field. I think if we could have forced Brady to play on the other side of the 50 in his second two TD drives the end result might have been different.

BertSquirtgum
09-20-2015, 06:47 PM
That's exactly what I said would happen all week and I took major **** for saying it...

No you didn't you ****ing liar.