PDA

View Full Version : 38 of 59 by Brady...Hmm.

stuckincincy
09-20-2015, 02:43 PM
I said previously that Rexie's philosophy will expose the backfield and put dinner on the table for sharp QBs.

IIRC, I read he blitzed something like 45 times last week. The league's coaching staffs take note of such.

Novacane
09-20-2015, 02:45 PM
He didn't blitz anywhere near that much today.

tomz
09-20-2015, 02:46 PM
I said previously that Rexie's philosophy will expose the backfield and put dinner on the table for sharp QBs.

IIRC, I read he blitzed something like 45 times last week. The league's coaching staffs take note of such.
Actually the problem was lack of blitzing IMHO.

YardRat
09-20-2015, 02:47 PM
On the pregame I believe they said 24 times last week, the most in the league. I agree with Nova, it looked like he pulled back the reigns a little bit.

Novacane
09-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Pats didn't even try and establish a running game. They knew what was coming and still couldn't stop it.

stuckincincy
09-20-2015, 03:01 PM
On the pregame I believe they said 24 times last week, the most in the league. I agree with Nova, it looked like he pulled back the reigns a little bit.

Whatever the number, NE decided to toss 59. I'll have to wait and see the quarter/score splits, but given that NE had the lead, substantial at times, they have to had seen something. It could be as fundamentally dumb as the DL skewing their feet, or the backfield's collective eyeballs not masking intent.

Whatever it is, blitz or lack of, it is quite unusual for an opponent to pitch so many passes.

Something stinks.

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2015, 03:03 PM
Something stinks.

like feet

Mr. Pink
09-20-2015, 03:05 PM
Whatever the number, NE decided to toss 59. I'll have to wait and see the quarter/score splits, but given that NE had the lead, substantial at times, they have to had seen something. It could be as fundamentally dumb as the DL skewing their feet, or the backfield's collective eyeballs not masking intent.

Whatever it is, blitz or lack of, it is quite unusual for an opponent to pitch so many passes.

Something stinks.

Nothing stinks about it, the Pats offense is centered around throwing the football. A lot of it is short controlled passes for 5 yards and then whatever YAC they get. The last 4 seasons Brady almost averages 40 attempts a game.

BillsOwnAll
09-20-2015, 03:08 PM
They just took what worked for them. They had No run game.

stuckincincy
09-20-2015, 03:13 PM
They just took what worked for them. They had No run game.

It was sufficient - they rushed 15 times and garnered 4 first downs from it and never got stuffed.