PDA

View Full Version : So we hired a defensive genius...

YardRat
09-20-2015, 02:49 PM
...and his brilliance is manifested in a gameplan that has LBers covering the best TE in football for the vast majority of the game.

Geez, good thing we didn't hire a dumbass.

BillsOwnAll
09-20-2015, 02:52 PM
Gronk is maybe the best TE ever. He's gonna get his no matter what any coach does. It's not like he just does it to the bills

Novacane
09-20-2015, 02:53 PM
The game plan was a joke today. No pressure. No coverage. Giving Gronk and Edleman free releases all day. 32 points wins every time if your defense is "great".

MillsapsBillsFan
09-20-2015, 02:54 PM
...and his brilliance is manifested in a gameplan that has LBers covering the best TE in football for the vast majority of the game.

How would you suggest that they covered him? They tried corners too and he just jumped over them. He's unstoppable.

Novacane
09-20-2015, 02:54 PM
But it's not all on the coaches. They were counting on the 250 million dollar DL to get pressure and they were invisible.

Meathead
09-20-2015, 02:58 PM
this game overall was a deep embarrassment to the coaches

almost no pressure despite a weak cheaters oline

inability to establish the run early

total lack of personal discipline on the absurd number of avoidable penalties

rexy magic took a huge hit today

justasportsfan
09-20-2015, 03:06 PM
First time I've seen a defensive genius make an all pro DL disappear. Magic.

Mace
09-20-2015, 03:31 PM

Sadder part, he said his game plan for them has been ready for a long time. Maybe he should have kept working on it. Of course, he comes out and says it's all on him.

I'm not giving up on them yet, but I'm not liking the "all talk" vibe. Already looks to me like his lack of discipline in flapping ye olde lips has sort of made a lack of discipline in his players.

I had some fun daydreaming about best case this week, oh well. Back to reality. I just hope this doesn't become a pattern, though I think it will. I'm still thinking 10-6 and a wild card, and it goes downhill after that.

Regarding Gronkowski, thing I read the most about slowing him down his to tangle him up and jam him at the line, which throws off the timing of NE's short passing game. Sure didn't look like they did it much.

Oh well.

Novacane
09-20-2015, 03:33 PM
How would you suggest that they covered him? They tried corners too and he just jumped over them. He's unstoppable.

Get a linebacker on him at the line and smack him hard before he gets off the line. We were just giving him a free release.

justasportsfan
09-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Maybe his big mouth told his.head.who.Lewis is now.

Luisito23
09-20-2015, 03:43 PM
No pressure all day and not enough blitzes.

Ass...:blah:

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2015, 03:44 PM
I'm not giving up on them yet, but I'm not liking the "all talk" vibe. Already looks to me like his lack of discipline in flapping ye olde lips has sort of made a lack of discipline in his players.

This.

Skooby
09-20-2015, 03:45 PM
I'd think even Brady is surprised how often we didn't blitz.

DynaPaul
09-20-2015, 03:55 PM
How in the hell did the Giants do it two times in the Super Bowl and we couldn't do jack?

YardRat
09-20-2015, 04:32 PM
On a side note, the offensive genius they hired in Philly and traded Shady to the Bills is without the apparently injury-prone LBer he got in return and is rushing the ball at a rate that could net them negative yardage after the first two games.

YardRat
09-20-2015, 04:33 PM
How in the hell did the Giants do it two times in the Super Bowl and we couldn't do jack?

Super Bowl security, including the balls, is much tighter for the game, and refs tend to tuck away the flags.

Typ0
09-20-2015, 04:36 PM

He was only unstoppable because Brady had the time to make the perfect passes. We should have been all over his ass and weren't.

CommissarSpartacus
09-20-2015, 04:38 PM
this game overall was a deep embarrassment to the coaches

I hope this also applies to the idiot fans that shot their mouths off for the last 7 months...

swiper
09-20-2015, 04:47 PM
I hope this also applies to the idiot fans that shot their mouths off for the last 7 months...

Everyone who wouldn't shut up about how great Rex Ryan was. What a defensive genius he was. Blah. Blah. Blah. I kept trying to tell everyone that the fans in NYC were glad to see the fat wind bag go.

Ryan is such a genius that Brady came in to his house, put up 40 points and threw for 466 yards. What an absolute embarrassment for the fat wind bag.

starrymessenger
09-20-2015, 05:27 PM
Today Rex tore a page from Dave Wannstedt's book.

BrianCarr
09-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Everyone who wouldn't shut up about how great Rex Ryan was. What a defensive genius he was. Blah. Blah. Blah. I kept trying to tell everyone that the fans in NYC were glad to see the fat wind bag go.

Ryan is such a genius that Brady came in to his house, put up 40 points and threw for 466 yards. What an absolute embarrassment for the fat wind bag.I dont know why coaches get called "genius" anyway. The players have to execute the gameplan. If they don't, even a perfect plan will fail.

The problem with the Patriots is the adjustments Brady and the coaching staff can make on the fly. Take away one thing and they attack with another. You have to give the Pats credit, but fans here are too busy blaming our players and coaches. To beat them you almost have to play perfect ball.