PDA

View Full Version : Some positives

Buffalogic
09-20-2015, 03:19 PM
Offense looked decent. Couple of the interceptions were tipped balls that should have been caught. We had a chance to tie the game with a minute left, just couldn't get it done.

We still have a good/playoff caliber team but there are obvious things we need to work on.

Pentalties are out of control. Can't beat a team like the pats with 3 turnovers and 16 penalties. Also, giving the pats possession in the first quarter at our 15 and our 20, you can't win like that.

Running game looks good and we've upgraded at qb for sure. This one stings, but the season isn't over and our d won't be embarrassed like this very often. Just got to keep plugging away and a wake up call like this might not hurt when it comes to the big picture.

Crisis
09-20-2015, 03:20 PM
McCoy looked great.

ct bills fan
09-20-2015, 03:25 PM
D line didn't show up for the most part. Worst D performance that I can remember seeing, especially considering pats made themselves one dimensional

Novacane
09-20-2015, 03:25 PM
There has to be a way to stop a team that doesn't even try and run the football. Hopefully we can figure that out for next time.

Owen DeBoard
09-20-2015, 03:27 PM
McCoy looked great.
Yeah and he claims he not at 100% or close to it. If that's true I cant wait to see when he is because he ran really good today

Mr. Pink
09-20-2015, 03:28 PM
The team didn't roll over and die when they were down 24, kept fighting and made it interesting.

BrianCarr
09-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Offense looked decent. Couple of the interceptions were tipped balls that should have been caught. We had a chance to tie the game with a minute left, just couldn't get it done.

We still have a good/playoff caliber team but there are obvious things we need to work on.

Pentalties are out of control. Can't beat a team like the pats with 3 turnovers and 16 penalties. Also, giving the pats possession in the first quarter at our 15 and our 20, you can't win like that.

Running game looks good and we've upgraded at qb for sure. This one stings, but the season isn't over and our d won't be embarrassed like this very often. Just got to keep plugging away and a wake up call like this might not hurt when it comes to the big picture.Early in the year, Taylor and the young guys can learn from this.

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2015, 03:31 PM
The team didn't roll over and die when they were down 24, kept fighting and made it interesting.

IMO this is the only positive.

- - - Updated - - -

Early in the year, Taylor and the young guys can learn from this.

Hopefully learn as in keep your @@@ing mouth shut and play the games or the losses will feel that much worse every time.

Mr. Pink
09-20-2015, 03:32 PM
IMO this is the only positive.

It's the biggest positive.

The game clearly got away from them in the third quarter and a lot of teams would have just thrown in the towel at that point.

This team didn't do that and it bodes well for the future.

YardRat
09-20-2015, 03:33 PM
The offense looked like ass for the vast majority of game, the only saving grace was the first drive and late when NE's D went into a shell because they assumed the game was over.

This week's gameplan looked like they took 'the fastest QB in the league' and tried to cement his shoes into the pocket.

Stupid.

I don't care how bad the oline played, or how early in the season it is, when you are stacked with this much speed and alleged talent the offense shouldn't struggle as much as it did, especially against a defense that isn't exactly a world-beater.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-20-2015, 03:38 PM
The offense looked like ass for the vast majority of game, the only saving grace was the first drive and late when NE's D went into a shell because they assumed the game was over.

This week's gameplan looked like they took 'the fastest QB in the league' and tried to cement his shoes into the pocket.

Stupid.

I don't care how bad the oline played, or how early in the season it is, when you are stacked with this much speed and alleged talent the offense shouldn't struggle as much as it did, especially against a defense that isn't exactly a world-beater.

The biggest issue IMO was Tyrod being indecisive in the pocket. Just standing there while the pass rush looped around behind him and chased him down.

If I was an optimist, I would say the Bills left 5 points on the field in botched XP attempts, had two Patriot FG drives extended by penalties, and had a potential Bills FG attempt thwarted by a turnover in an 8 point game. But really, it was a disaster game through and through. Three ****ing taunting penalties?!

Skooby
09-20-2015, 03:40 PM
We didn't lose by more than 1 score.

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2015, 03:42 PM
I know Brady and Belicheat do this to every team, but man I am SO done with losing to this #$@ team. That said, it really blows my mind how there is ALWAYS someone open in space, from Edelman to Dobson to the effing waterboy. I just want SOMEONE to smash them and stop that annoying trend. I really don't care who does it, even if it's the Jets or the Fish. Just. So. Sick. And. Tired. of them. And, really, it feels like it is going to take Brady to retire or get hurt for that to happen. I HATE to admit it, but I don't think the Pats* lose unless one of those two things happen.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-20-2015, 03:44 PM
I know Brady and Belicheat do this to every team, but man I am SO done with losing to this #$@ team. That said, it really blows my mind how there is ALWAYS someone open in space, from Edelman to Dobson to the effing waterboy. I just want SOMEONE to smash them and stop that annoying trend. I really don't care who does it, even if it's the Jets or the Fish. Just. So. Sick. And. Tired. of them. And, really, it feels like it is going to take Brady to retire or get hurt for that to happen. I HATE to admit it, but I don't think the Pats* lose unless one of those two things happen.

The Pats have it figured out. If they come up to press you, run a pick route. If they back off, run a slant or an out. Brady doesn't miss easy throws and he plays from shotgun so the rush can't reach him in time.

Novacane
09-20-2015, 03:44 PM

I'm already resigned to that.

Luisito23
09-20-2015, 03:46 PM
They didn't give up...I turned it off in the 3rd.

Mace
09-20-2015, 03:51 PM
Well, positives :

-Karlos Williams. I'd like to see him get more carries. He shows promise as a big, one cut downhill back.
-Woods, Watkins, Harvin. Damn shame we're a run based team. Those guys should be able to deliver some pain over the long haul.
-Taylor. He didn't fall apart completely in a game I feel the coaches were entirely unprepared for. Ok, so he wasn't any level of awesome, but let's face it, some of the past QB's we've had would have disintegrated into like 10 of 30 for 127 yards, 1 td and 5 ints. Taylor at least looks like maybe he has a place as an NFL QB over the long run.

DynaPaul
09-20-2015, 04:00 PM
The Pats have it figured out. If they come up to press you, run a pick route. If they back off, run a slant or an out. Brady doesn't miss easy throws and he plays from shotgun so the rush can't reach him in time.

Some of those pick routes should have gotten flags for PI but hey, it's the Patriots. They don't have to play by the same rules.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-20-2015, 04:46 PM
Some of those pick routes should have gotten flags for PI but hey, it's the Patriots. They don't have to play by the same rules.

Maybe we should try some until they stop us.

swiper
09-20-2015, 04:49 PM
The offense didn't look good. Certain players looked good. Woods, Watkins and McCoy specifically. Karlos Williams looked ok. Other than that? Nope.

BertSquirtgum
09-20-2015, 04:58 PM
I thought the offense looked like a big pile of dog **** with the exception of Mccoy.

Novacane
09-20-2015, 05:20 PM
I thought the offense looked like a big pile of dog **** with the exception of Mccoy.

I'll say it again. 32 points.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-20-2015, 05:39 PM
positive for me.
i was working all night saturday then got drunk during the first half so i fell asleep/ passed out during the second half so i don't even know what i missed the end of the game.

DynaPaul
09-20-2015, 06:44 PM
Maybe we should try some until they stop us.

We'll get flagged for them.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2015, 06:47 PM
Honestly we gave the game away early. The fact we were in it with a 1:15 left is a minor miracle.

Belicheat coached one of the worst games ever in the second half.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-20-2015, 06:50 PM
We'll get flagged for them.

We got flagged without them, and maybe we spring Sammy or Percy on one.

The Jokeman
09-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Positives is we didn't sustain any major injuries (hopefully Aaron Williams is okay) and the Chargers, Chiefs, Dolphins and Ravens also lost.

The Jokeman
09-20-2015, 06:56 PM
Honestly we gave the game away early. The fact we were in it with a 1:15 left is a minor miracle.

Belicheat coached one of the worst games ever in the second half.

I think he thought the game was wrapped up and just wanted to get Tom his 400th career TD pass.

psubills62
09-20-2015, 07:15 PM
I agree that the biggest positive is that we didn't stop fighting and that we actually adjusted and were able to move the ball.

People tend to overreact to wins and losses. Disappointing loss for sure, but will have to see how they bounce back. Still have 14 games left.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2015, 07:21 PM
I think he thought the game was wrapped up and just wanted to get Tom his 400th career TD pass.

You like how Bellicheat tried to stick it to us by going to Chandler twice, back to back, in the end zone?

TacklingDummy
09-20-2015, 08:56 PM
Garbage time stats do nothing for me.

swiper
09-21-2015, 04:05 AM
I agree that the biggest positive is that we didn't stop fighting and that we actually adjusted and were able to move the ball.

People tend to overreact to wins and losses. Disappointing loss for sure, but will have to see how they bounce back. Still have 14 games left.

Count me in the crowd that likes to wait until the first 4 games, or so, are over to judge what kind of team we have. Every team will lose games. Even NE. If they go 3-1, then perhaps this game was the aberration.

Strongman
09-21-2015, 08:42 AM
Another positive is we made the right move when we got rid of Chandler and upgraded with Clay. I doubt Brady will ever trust Chandler with an important pass again.

gebobs
09-21-2015, 09:27 AM

There are legal ways to run picks.

gebobs
09-21-2015, 09:29 AM
Garbage time stats do nothing for me.

It was garbage time until the Bills got within a score. After that, it can no longer be called garbage time.

gebobs
09-21-2015, 09:30 AM
You like how Bellicheat tried to stick it to us by going to Chandler twice, back to back, in the end zone?

I was so relieved that goon didn't score. Even more that he had the ball and should have scored if he didn't have hands of stone. Chandler was dead to me long ago.

jamze132
09-21-2015, 09:56 AM
One positive to take away...is that Rex hopefully learned to STFU prior to each game and worry about getting his players ready to play instead of super-hyped with words. But I doubt it.

gebobs
09-21-2015, 10:04 AM
I'm beginning to wonder what OBD hoped to get out of making Ryan coach. It's not like he's done much better than the Bills against Brady. I think he was 3-9.

Victor7
09-21-2015, 10:08 AM
The only reason it looks close is because Belicheat in his infinite PO****ness tried to run up the score and still had Brady passing late in the game instead of eating clock. That enabled the ONE good play from our D on the strip sack from Hughes. If Belicheat doesn't get cute there and just runs the ball we never even come close. Notice how the Pats got he ball back and killed the clock with a fg drive ?

They had our number from the word go as usual.

I think Edelman is still wide open on another crossing route we know is coming and can't stop.

TacklingDummy
09-21-2015, 10:20 AM
It was garbage time until the Bills got within a score. After that, it can no longer be called garbage time.

And then what happened?
Tyrod's 3rd INT, game over.

TacklingDummy
09-21-2015, 10:23 AM
I'm beginning to wonder what OBD hoped to get out of making Ryan coach.

It hoped to sell tickets.
Along with signing Hughes, Dareus, Incognito, Clay.
They have been trying to mask not having a QB for the past 15 years.

Mr. Pink
09-21-2015, 12:18 PM

They succeeded at selling tickets.

The more things change around, the more they stay the same.

15 years of no playoffs and almost every year the team has some flashy move to put butts in the seats without actually making a real impact on the standings. It's brilliant from a business standpoint.

swiper
09-22-2015, 04:29 AM

If you didn't realize it, Rex Ryan is Russ Brandon's 2015 version of Terrell Owens. Stir the fans into a frenzy. Sell lots of tickets, jerseys, RV lot spaces. Brandon has the fanbase wrapped around his finger. Too bad the Bills won't win a ring while he's on the payroll. He cares more about butts being in the seats than winning. Keep buying those tickets.

gebobs
09-22-2015, 06:11 AM
If you didn't realize it, Rex Ryan is Russ Brandon's 2015 version of Terrell Owens. Stir the fans into a frenzy. Sell lots of tickets, jerseys, RV lot spaces. Brandon has the fanbase wrapped around his finger. Too bad the Bills won't win a ring while he's on the payroll. He cares more about butts being in the seats than winning. Keep buying those tickets.

You know what would sell a LOT of tickets? A real quarterback.

The last buffalo fan
09-23-2015, 05:11 PM
You know what would sell a LOT of tickets? A real quarterback.

Get it here, I would love to put some of my own money to have a real one!