• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Some positives

Offense looked decent. Couple of the interceptions were tipped balls that should have been caught. We had a chance to tie the game with a minute left, just couldn't get it done.

We still have a good/playoff caliber team but there are obvious things we need to work on.

Pentalties are out of control. Can't beat a team like the pats with 3 turnovers and 16 penalties. Also, giving the pats possession in the first quarter at our 15 and our 20, you can't win like that.

Running game looks good and we've upgraded at qb for sure. This one stings, but the season isn't over and our d won't be embarrassed like this very often. Just got to keep plugging away and a wake up call like this might not hurt when it comes to the big picture.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Some positives

McCoy looked great.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• ct bills fan
      • Jul 2002

D line didn't show up for the most part. Worst D performance that I can remember seeing, especially considering pats made themselves one dimensional

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

There has to be a way to stop a team that doesn't even try and run the football. Hopefully we can figure that out for next time.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
          McCoy looked great.
          Yeah and he claims he not at 100% or close to it. If that's true I cant wait to see when he is because he ran really good today
          To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

The team didn't roll over and die when they were down 24, kept fighting and made it interesting.

Comment

• BrianCarr
              Senior Zoner
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
              Offense looked decent. Couple of the interceptions were tipped balls that should have been caught. We had a chance to tie the game with a minute left, just couldn't get it done.

We still have a good/playoff caliber team but there are obvious things we need to work on.

Pentalties are out of control. Can't beat a team like the pats with 3 turnovers and 16 penalties. Also, giving the pats possession in the first quarter at our 15 and our 20, you can't win like that.

Running game looks good and we've upgraded at qb for sure. This one stings, but the season isn't over and our d won't be embarrassed like this very often. Just got to keep plugging away and a wake up call like this might not hurt when it comes to the big picture.
              Early in the year, Taylor and the young guys can learn from this.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                The team didn't roll over and die when they were down 24, kept fighting and made it interesting.
                IMO this is the only positive.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BrianCarr View Post
                Early in the year, Taylor and the young guys can learn from this.
                Hopefully learn as in keep your @@@ing mouth shut and play the games or the losses will feel that much worse every time.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
                  IMO this is the only positive.
                  It's the biggest positive.

The game clearly got away from them in the third quarter and a lot of teams would have just thrown in the towel at that point.

This team didn't do that and it bodes well for the future.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

The offense looked like ass for the vast majority of game, the only saving grace was the first drive and late when NE's D went into a shell because they assumed the game was over.

This week's gameplan looked like they took 'the fastest QB in the league' and tried to cement his shoes into the pocket.

Stupid.

I don't care how bad the oline played, or how early in the season it is, when you are stacked with this much speed and alleged talent the offense shouldn't struggle as much as it did, especially against a defense that isn't exactly a world-beater.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      The offense looked like ass for the vast majority of game, the only saving grace was the first drive and late when NE's D went into a shell because they assumed the game was over.

This week's gameplan looked like they took 'the fastest QB in the league' and tried to cement his shoes into the pocket.

Stupid.

I don't care how bad the oline played, or how early in the season it is, when you are stacked with this much speed and alleged talent the offense shouldn't struggle as much as it did, especially against a defense that isn't exactly a world-beater.
                      The biggest issue IMO was Tyrod being indecisive in the pocket. Just standing there while the pass rush looped around behind him and chased him down.

If I was an optimist, I would say the Bills left 5 points on the field in botched XP attempts, had two Patriot FG drives extended by penalties, and had a potential Bills FG attempt thwarted by a turnover in an 8 point game. But really, it was a disaster game through and through. Three ****ing taunting penalties?!

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

We didn't lose by more than 1 score.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

I know Brady and Belicheat do this to every team, but man I am SO done with losing to this #$@ team. That said, it really blows my mind how there is ALWAYS someone open in space, from Edelman to Dobson to the effing waterboy. I just want SOMEONE to smash them and stop that annoying trend. I really don't care who does it, even if it's the Jets or the Fish. Just. So. Sick. And. Tired. of them. And, really, it feels like it is going to take Brady to retire or get hurt for that to happen. I HATE to admit it, but I don't think the Pats* lose unless one of those two things happen.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

I know Brady and Belicheat do this to every team, but man I am SO done with losing to this #$@ team. That said, it really blows my mind how there is ALWAYS someone open in space, from Edelman to Dobson to the effing waterboy. I just want SOMEONE to smash them and stop that annoying trend. I really don't care who does it, even if it's the Jets or the Fish. Just. So. Sick. And. Tired. of them. And, really, it feels like it is going to take Brady to retire or get hurt for that to happen. I HATE to admit it, but I don't think the Pats* lose unless one of those two things happen.
                            The Pats have it figured out. If they come up to press you, run a pick route. If they back off, run a slant or an out. Brady doesn't miss easy throws and he plays from shotgun so the rush can't reach him in time.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

I'm already resigned to that.

Comment

Working...
                              X