PDA

View Full Version : Some negatives today

Skooby
09-20-2015, 03:52 PM
Taylor can't guard himself, 8 sacks ?? What the F-is the O-line doing ??

Our guys' mouths lost us multiple yards, one might of thought the refs weren't going to allowing the taunting the first time it happened.

Is 1st & 20 our new calling card ??

Kickers looked real shaky, one missed Extra point & limited mileage on punting.

Our 1/4 Billion spent in D-line money looks like a poor investment

Skooby
09-20-2015, 03:56 PM
Is there a guy named Mario Williams on the team ??

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2015, 03:57 PM

Our guys' mouths lost us multiple yards, one might of thought the refs weren't going to allowing the taunting the first time it happened.

Agree with all of this, and would add lack of discipline (too many penalties) and poor gameplan.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a guy named Mario Williams on the team ??

The Other $100M Man.

Mace
09-20-2015, 04:02 PM
Ok, negatives.

For his history against the Pats, and the skill level on the defense, Ryan looked helpless against them. The coaching staff was entirely unprepared, the players lacked discipline, and the thing we all knew was going to happen, Taylor was going to have to throw, happened way too early in the game.

For all the "woo!" about Roman's run blocking complex scheme and vaunted running game, it sure came to crap when they ended up passing more than running, and it started awful early for my tastes, but had to because Ryan was so lost on even slowing down Brady.

They've become terrible sloppy regarding penalties, and seem to think, like their HC, if they talk loud enough, good teams will flee from all the hot air and they only have to show up to beat them.

It didn't look like a 40-32 game to me, it looked like the Pats slapped us around like we said we'd do to them, and I'd sure rather see a quiet business like fierce the next time we play them instead of such a great flapping of the lips followed up with humiliation.

swiper
09-20-2015, 04:29 PM
When Taylor was pressured he threw a lot of balls too high or behind receivers. Wood and Watkins made some spectacular catches.

swiper
09-20-2015, 04:32 PM

Kept looking at the score when it was 37 - 32 thinking how different it would have been had they made the first PAT and then had a second PAT (instead of a failed 2 pt attempt) That would have put Buffalo at a 37 - 34 deficit.

billsfanryan
09-20-2015, 04:42 PM
When Taylor was pressured he threw a lot of balls too high or behind receivers. Wood and Watkins made some spectacular catches.

That's his M.O. Coming out of college. Taylor, along with play calling, cost us the game. 3 unacceptable INTs, 2 stupid fumbles, and 8 sacks for a "mobile" QB is entirely unacceptable.

EJ should be starting.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-20-2015, 04:45 PM
The line played putrid but Tyrod was at fault on several sacks. The guy held the ball too long, took terrible escape angles, and got strip sacked twice by rushers he could see coming.

swiper
09-20-2015, 04:52 PM
The line played putrid but Tyrod was at fault on several sacks. The guy held the ball too long, took terrible escape angles, and got strip sacked twice by rushers he could see coming.

Today's game will be the book on Taylor for opponents for the rest of the season.

mdcas22
09-20-2015, 04:57 PM
Today's game will be the book on Taylor for opponents for the rest of the season.

BINGO

IlluminatusUIUC
09-20-2015, 04:59 PM

Taylor was always going to be the weak link on the team. The defense and run game needed to carry the weight, and didn't.

BertSquirtgum
09-20-2015, 04:59 PM

You can't hold onto the ball for 5 seconds. Offensive line sucked but he didn't help them at all. He held onto the ball for too long way too often.

Skooby
09-20-2015, 05:19 PM
You can't hold onto the ball for 5 seconds. Offensive line sucked but he didn't help them at all. He held onto the ball for too long way too often.

Do you remember the line holding up to consistently create a passing pocket ??

- - - Updated - - -

Kept looking at the score when it was 37 - 32 thinking how different it would have been had they made the first PAT and then had a second PAT (instead of a failed 2 pt attempt) That would have put Buffalo at a 37 - 34 deficit.
Me too.

The Jokeman
09-20-2015, 06:03 PM

The first missed PAT lead to us going for two on the other two attempts. It changed the game but to me Tyrod's first INT is the biggest game changing moment of the game.

Skooby
09-20-2015, 06:47 PM
The first missed PAT lead to us going for two on the other two attempts. It changed the game but to me Tyrod's first INT is the biggest game changing moment of the game.

Hard to argue with this logic.

The Jokeman
09-20-2015, 06:51 PM

Tyrod might not be able to guard himself but he has to understand that when nobody's open then either run for the first down or get out of the pocket and throw an incomplete pass. Sacks and throwing downfield high is dangerous.

Alluro
09-20-2015, 07:17 PM
Hard to argue with this logic.

Clay had two hands on the ball. In the NFL, you have to catch that. Only one of Tyrod's INTs today can be attributed to him making a poor throw.

ICRockets
09-20-2015, 11:28 PM
Clay had two hands on the ball. In the NFL, you have to catch that. Only one of Tyrod's INTs today can be attributed to him making a poor throw.

And even that one, I can't find too much fault with. It was our last play to get into FG range at the end of the half. He threw it up and a Patriot was in position on it. There was really no difference on that play between an incompletion and a turnover.

swiper
09-21-2015, 03:24 AM

Even Dan Patrick said on national television that Taylor overthrew his receiver on all three picks. That one to Clay, he had to jump half way to the moon just to touch the ball. Can't fault the TE one bit on that.

Historian
09-21-2015, 04:38 AM
It helps when the refs are calling a one sided game too....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPXWQjzWsAA6b_A.jpg:large

GreedoII
09-21-2015, 05:50 AM

hey dumbass..did you see Taylor slide into 4 sacks yesterday? Is it your money? Where should it have gone you buffoon...

Cleve
09-21-2015, 06:12 AM
It's never good when the starting QB throws 3 interceptions in only 30 attempts, AND is sacked 8 times for a loss of 53 yards. Rare to see any team win when that happens.... let alone the Bills.

To me, the questions about Tyrod Taylor remain, and possibly even increased. He got off to a great start against Indy, but this was a poor game. It would be wonderful if the Bills somehow just plucked the next Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Bledsoe, or Steve Young, untouched off the vine... but the odds are not in the favor of that outcome given the path the Bills have employed.

Victor7
09-21-2015, 10:19 AM
OL was putrid.
So was Taylor. Not all sacks are the OL's fault and TT certainy played a part holding on to the pigskin too long.
The ints ?? The long one to the end the half was no big deal. The other 2 were catchable but still poor throws. I'll say 50-50 in the blame department. Poor game for TT. . This team is not built to come from behind. As soon as the Pats went up 2 scores the game was over.

There are NO positives for our defense. Literally everything was bad. EVERY god damned thing. The players, the schemes, the play calls. Pathetic performance for the ages.

jamze132
09-21-2015, 10:20 AM

And if Roman is smart he should already be planning to get Tyrod out of the pocket. Besides, he's more accurate on the run.

Skooby
09-21-2015, 10:33 AM
OL was putrid.
So was Taylor. Not all sacks are the OL's fault and TT certainy played a part holding on to the pigskin too long.
The ints ?? The long one to the end the half was no big deal. The other 2 were catchable but still poor throws. I'll say 50-50 in the blame department. Poor game for TT. . This team is not built to come from behind. As soon as the Pats went up 2 scores the game was over.

There are NO positives for our defense. Literally everything was bad. EVERY god damned thing. The players, the schemes, the play calls. Pathetic performance for the ages.

Our defense is going to take out this embarrassment on Miami, it's going to be a complete massacre for Tannehill.

Victor7
09-21-2015, 10:43 AM
Our defense is going to take out this embarrassment on Miami, it's going to be a complete massacre for Tannehill.

They better bro

I'm flying up there for the game. Don't wanna see another crap fest.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-21-2015, 10:49 AM
They better bro

I'm flying up there for the game. Don't wanna see another crap fest.

Likewise. Flying in Saturday night. Last game I went to was the Denver game last year. Bah!

MillsapsBillsFan
09-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Going to the game in Miami as well, it will be my first live Bills game and I'm going with my dad. They better not stink up the place

gebobs
09-21-2015, 11:01 AM
For his history against the Pats, and the skill level on the defense, Ryan looked helpless against them.
Does this imply some success? The only team that has did worse against Brady and Bellichick over the previous six years was the Jets.

They've become terrible sloppy regarding penalties
Brutal. ST killed some nice field position for the Bills on the one hand and offered up the same to the Pats. One time, I saw the flag icon and smacked my head. Not again. And then the ref said, "There are two fouls on the play." Oh, thank god...repunt. "Both on the kicking team." FFS!!!

Cleve
09-21-2015, 12:16 PM
OL was putrid.

It's hard to boast of a "great defense" when it gave Tom Brady his second best game ever in total yardage. And this is Tom Brady, with a ton of HOF level stats already; so for him to hit his second highest number EVER, especially after so many great games in his career.... that is a huge indictment against the Bills' DEFENSE.

Has the defense gone backwards in the Rex Ryan era? The penalties especially... that's on the coaching.

Mr. Pink
09-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Tyrod showed he's a running back playing quarterback and that we still need a real QB before we can even think of making a meaningful impact in January football games. Lack of pocket awareness, holds the ball too long, throws are erratic and this escapability/maneuverability to avoid people? 8 sacks.

The hunt for a QB remains.

Great.

ICRockets
09-21-2015, 03:32 PM
Tyrod showed he's a running back playing quarterback and that we still need a real QB before we can even think of making a meaningful impact in January football games. Lack of pocket awareness, holds the ball too long, throws are erratic and this escapability/maneuverability to avoid people? 8 sacks.

The hunt for a QB remains.

Great.

I can't imagine why we can't find a quarterback. Surely, it has nothing to do with feckless idiots giving up on a first year starter after he loses a single game.