PDA

View Full Version : Who was THE NFL Fool Today -- Rex Ryan or Chip Kelly?

SpikedLemonade
09-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Both were embarrassed in front of their home crowd after giving their fans false hope.

Mr. Pink
09-20-2015, 05:26 PM
Chip Kelly is getting what he deserves by running most of the talent out of Philly for guys he likes without strong personalities.

He's gonna find himself back in college in the not so distance future.

sudzy
09-20-2015, 05:27 PM
Chip Kelly. He thought he was smarter then the rest of the NFL this off season. Rex just was out-coached by one of the greatest coaches ever.

Novacane
09-20-2015, 05:27 PM
Kelly. He's an arrogant ass who dumped good players for no good reason. Now he's paying for it. Rex just had a bad game plan.

Joe Fo Sho
09-20-2015, 05:29 PM
So it's either an offensive genius that put up 10 points...or a defensive genius that gave up 40 points?

They both look terrible, the edge probably goes to Rex because of all the s*** he talked. It would be different if the Pats won and only put up 17 points, but they put up a 40 burger.

Novacane
09-20-2015, 05:32 PM
So it's either an offensive genius that put up 10 points...or a defensive genius that gave up 40 points?

They both look terrible, the edge probably goes to Rex because of all the s*** he talked. It would be different if the Pats won and only put up 17 points, but they put up a 40 burger.

What **** did he talk? Other than saying he didn't know the running backs name he didn't say anything. It was the fans that were running their mouths.

SpikedLemonade
09-20-2015, 05:33 PM
I thought it was a good comparison given Rex's reputation for being a defensive guru and Chip's reputation for being an offensive guru.

Then they both shat the bed at home.

I guess I would have to say Chip is THE fool of the day, but it is pretty close.

Joe Fo Sho
09-20-2015, 05:34 PM
What **** did he talk? Other than saying he didn't know the running backs name he didn't say anything. It was the fans that were running their mouths.

I guess it wasn't s***, but he said more than most coaches do.

Scumbag College
09-20-2015, 05:34 PM
Too much hype....I like our team to be under the radar. I don't watch any Sportscenter or any of the other TMZ like sports shows. It's OUR team, and I want to sneak up on other teams. I don't care if the rest of the league was rooting for us.

The Bills were down by 24 in the fourth and had a chance to tie with the ball with a minute left. I gotta give it to them, they showed a bunch of heart. Other Bills teams would have rolled over.

The Eagles just looked plain terrible, even with Romo going out of the game. Other embarrassments would include the Dolphins losing to Jackoffville,The Ravens going to 0-2 losing to the Raiders, KC for losing on a bonehead fumble, and the Aints losing to a bad looking TB team at home. The Bills are 1-1 against the two best teams from last year that are on their schedule.

Mace
09-20-2015, 05:40 PM
Rex. You don't loudly talk the talk unless you have a prayer of walking the walk. He did not this game, and it makes always poor looking Buffalo look shamed again.

It was like convincing a crowd of starving people sheet pizzas were coming, then tossing out a handful of stale rolls to the masses and saying whoop, it's my fault, see you next week, it will be fine, sheet pizzas next week, enjoy your roll !

Rex Rex Rex, at least Kelly doesn't shoot off his mouth about anything that could crush the soul of his fanbase, and let's face it, from the brightest optimists to the worse pessimists, none of us thought they could look that lost against a team Ryan and the Bills have years of tape on.

It was 40-32, but didn't feel like an 8 pt game to me, and a defensive mastermind doesn't allow 500 yards of offense, 450+ passing, bringing a running attack to a passing shootout, with his guys committing penalties all over the place.

Heh, don't get me wrong, I think this will still work this year, but Ryan gets the biggest helping of shame today.

imbondz
09-20-2015, 05:54 PM
Don't see how Rex was a fool. He didn't guarantee anything he was just confident in his players which I would hope you would be. I don't have a problem with anything I've heard from Rex yet

Novacane
09-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Ryan was not running his mouth this week. Not sure where people are getting that.

Strongman
09-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Chip Kelly because the Eagles were a slight favorite over Dallas. The Bills weren't favored over NE.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2015, 06:03 PM
LeSean vs. Murray.

Close the thread.Owned.

Mace
09-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Don't see how Rex was a fool. He didn't guarantee anything he was just confident in his players which I would hope you would be. I don't have a problem with anything I've heard from Rex yet

I don't know, maybe you missed everything he's been saying and the way he backed it up on the field. Bulletin board material galore. If you notice, Belichick didn't say much in response, his team did the talking. In our case, Ryan did, his team didn't.

You just don't talk the talk unless you have a prayer of walking the walk, and we looked lost, despite a lot of game tape, a defensive genius, and a great flapping of the lips.

Strongman
09-20-2015, 06:09 PM
I don't know, maybe you missed everything he's been saying and the way he backed it up on the field. Bulletin board material galore. If you notice, Belichick didn't say much in response, his team did the talking. In our case, Ryan did, his team didn't.

You just don't talk the talk unless you have a prayer of walking the walk, and we looked lost, despite a lot of game tape, a defensive genius, and a great flapping of the lips.

Unless I missed something, he was just answering questions from reporters or interviewers. Is there a quote I missed? What did he actually say that was so bad?

Bill Cody
09-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Rex is a talker. By his standards he was tame this week. I could care less about what he says. What bothers me is he had a bad plan to try to stop the MVP of the league and that's Gronk.

Mace
09-20-2015, 06:21 PM
Yanno, you guys are right. As sure as I was Ryan talked smack, and sure as I was I read it, he didn't.

Going through his pregame quotes, he didn't. I'm wrong.

He didn't say anything whatever that was so bad. I admit it.

ckg927
09-20-2015, 06:49 PM
Chip Kelly. He thought he was smarter then the rest of the NFL this off season. Rex just was out-coached by one of the greatest coaches ever.

And Rex admitted as much in the post game presser, even dropping a horse(BLEEP) blast in the process.

The Natrix
09-20-2015, 07:01 PM
I never understood all the hype about the Eagles.

What has Bradford ever done except suck and get hurt? Add to it they have a bunch of nobodies at WR and a mediocre defense.

Oh wow, they got Demarco Murray. A RB. Big deal.

jimmifli
09-20-2015, 07:07 PM
Rex took over the 4th ranked D, turfed the DC and installed the scheme we saw today.

Mace
09-20-2015, 07:33 PM
Removing the flapping lips that I was wrong about, I still think Ryan. His defense gave up the most passing yards to a QB he has exp with in franchise history, and the master of defense gave up more than 500 yards at home, against a team that only ran 15 times. That's just pretty terrible.

Meathead
09-20-2015, 08:23 PM
nah rex should bounce back, im not sure kelly is capable of bouncing back. hes still got time but the countdown has begun in earnest. rex is still deep in his honeymoon and has a ton more nfl experience to fall back on. kelly seems to be making his own bed and its starting to appear like it might be full of bedbugs. little fat whinnie the pooh looking bedbugs

and rex didnt fail bc he expressed confidence, i really have no problem with how he spoke this week. the problem i have is not having his team ready. everyone knew this was the biggest game in years for the team and the fact is they wilted in the spotlight. its good that they sort of bounced back and fought to stay in the game, but the fatal damage had already been inflicted - by themselves

just an inexcusable lack of composure that has to fall squarely on the hc. he simply did not prepare his team properly, they thoroughly mishandled their emotions, and the veteran cheatriots feasted on it

mildly shocking for rex at this stage but perhaps he did try to address that and its a lesson the team has to learn for itself. they certainly could bounce back from here but that kind of self-emolating meltdown simply has got to be addressed and nailed shut. the more times it happens from here on out the faster rexs own clock will start ticking

jamze132
09-21-2015, 10:37 AM

For starters, early in the week he said he'd be going home every night early because the plan for NE was ready...

imbondz
09-21-2015, 11:40 AM
Just a heads up, I looked up the Bears '85 D, and they gave up 445 total yards one game and had 7 games with over 300 yards. the 3 playoff games they played though the highest amount of yards given up was 181 in the 1st round. The SuperBowl they only gave up 123 total yards. Ugh. So let's stop talking about them mmmmm k.

335 (only game they lost)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/1985.htm

PhillyCuse
09-21-2015, 02:18 PM
The Chip Kelly hot takes are astounding. I've never seen so many people root for a coach to fail. Hell there were people posting about his offense being figured out after Year 1, Game 1 when the offense slowed in the 2nd half on MNF in Washington after an explosive 1st half. Then you heard mostly crickets from them for two years because he took a lousy team and went 20-12 without a QB. Now "college stuff don't work in this league" NFL cliche' guy is back after a hiatus because they're 0-2.

PhillyCuse
09-21-2015, 02:23 PM
Chip Kelly because the Eagles were a slight favorite over Dallas. The Bills weren't favored over NE.

The Bills actually were a 2pt favorite by kickoff.

Victor7
09-21-2015, 03:29 PM
Chip Kelly by far.

Rex has been embarrassed by Belicheat before and so have we. Plenty of times as a matter of fact. Yesterday was par for the course for anyone that's actually seen this team play the Pats the past 10+ years.

Kelly on the other hand has run talent out of Philly thinking his system is just a plug and play anyone deal. He thinks of himself as some sort of genius. when in reality he's just an arrogant ass.