Who was THE NFL Fool Today -- Rex Ryan or Chip Kelly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Who was THE NFL Fool Today -- Rex Ryan or Chip Kelly?

Both were embarrassed in front of their home crowd after giving their fans false hope.
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Who was THE NFL Fool Today -- Rex Ryan or Chip Kelly?

Chip Kelly is getting what he deserves by running most of the talent out of Philly for guys he likes without strong personalities.

He's gonna find himself back in college in the not so distance future.

Comment

• sudzy
      • Apr 2013

Chip Kelly. He thought he was smarter then the rest of the NFL this off season. Rex just was out-coached by one of the greatest coaches ever.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Kelly. He's an arrogant ass who dumped good players for no good reason. Now he's paying for it. Rex just had a bad game plan.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

So it's either an offensive genius that put up 10 points...or a defensive genius that gave up 40 points?

They both look terrible, the edge probably goes to Rex because of all the s*** he talked. It would be different if the Pats won and only put up 17 points, but they put up a 40 burger.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
            So it's either an offensive genius that put up 10 points...or a defensive genius that gave up 40 points?

They both look terrible, the edge probably goes to Rex because of all the s*** he talked. It would be different if the Pats won and only put up 17 points, but they put up a 40 burger.

What **** did he talk? Other than saying he didn't know the running backs name he didn't say anything. It was the fans that were running their mouths.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

I thought it was a good comparison given Rex's reputation for being a defensive guru and Chip's reputation for being an offensive guru.

Then they both shat the bed at home.

I guess I would have to say Chip is THE fool of the day, but it is pretty close.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                What **** did he talk? Other than saying he didn't know the running backs name he didn't say anything. It was the fans that were running their mouths.
                I guess it wasn't s***, but he said more than most coaches do.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                  • Oct 2002

Too much hype....I like our team to be under the radar. I don't watch any Sportscenter or any of the other TMZ like sports shows. It's OUR team, and I want to sneak up on other teams. I don't care if the rest of the league was rooting for us.

The Bills were down by 24 in the fourth and had a chance to tie with the ball with a minute left. I gotta give it to them, they showed a bunch of heart. Other Bills teams would have rolled over.

The Eagles just looked plain terrible, even with Romo going out of the game. Other embarrassments would include the Dolphins losing to Jackoffville,The Ravens going to 0-2 losing to the Raiders, KC for losing on a bonehead fumble, and the Aints losing to a bad looking TB team at home. The Bills are 1-1 against the two best teams from last year that are on their schedule.
                  Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Rex. You don't loudly talk the talk unless you have a prayer of walking the walk. He did not this game, and it makes always poor looking Buffalo look shamed again.

It was like convincing a crowd of starving people sheet pizzas were coming, then tossing out a handful of stale rolls to the masses and saying whoop, it's my fault, see you next week, it will be fine, sheet pizzas next week, enjoy your roll !

Rex Rex Rex, at least Kelly doesn't shoot off his mouth about anything that could crush the soul of his fanbase, and let's face it, from the brightest optimists to the worse pessimists, none of us thought they could look that lost against a team Ryan and the Bills have years of tape on.

It was 40-32, but didn't feel like an 8 pt game to me, and a defensive mastermind doesn't allow 500 yards of offense, 450+ passing, bringing a running attack to a passing shootout, with his guys committing penalties all over the place.

Heh, don't get me wrong, I think this will still work this year, but Ryan gets the biggest helping of shame today.

Comment

• imbondz
                      Democrats are people too
                      • Jan 2003

Don't see how Rex was a fool. He didn't guarantee anything he was just confident in his players which I would hope you would be. I don't have a problem with anything I've heard from Rex yet
                      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Ryan was not running his mouth this week. Not sure where people are getting that.

Comment

• Strongman
                          • Apr 2006

Chip Kelly because the Eagles were a slight favorite over Dallas. The Bills weren't favored over NE.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

LeSean vs. Murray.

Close the thread.Owned.

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                              Don't see how Rex was a fool. He didn't guarantee anything he was just confident in his players which I would hope you would be. I don't have a problem with anything I've heard from Rex yet
                              I don't know, maybe you missed everything he's been saying and the way he backed it up on the field. Bulletin board material galore. If you notice, Belichick didn't say much in response, his team did the talking. In our case, Ryan did, his team didn't.

You just don't talk the talk unless you have a prayer of walking the walk, and we looked lost, despite a lot of game tape, a defensive genius, and a great flapping of the lips.

Comment

Working...
                              X