PDA

View Full Version : Watkins = CJ Spiller

HHURRICANE
09-20-2015, 06:07 PM
It's like handing me a Jag. Nice car but no room in the garage and don't really need it.

Watkins is just a non-fit like CJ.

SpikedLemonade
09-20-2015, 06:08 PM
Whaley's dumbest move thus far.

bdutton
09-20-2015, 06:14 PM
He made an acrobatic catch on the tipped ball. He also had a good catch called back for a ticky-tac offensive pass interference call for the non-push off.

He finished with the lead in receptions and yards for the team (6-60 yards) and caught 6 of the 8 throws in his direction.

7 others Bills players had catches. The ball is getting spread around a lot. Doesn't help that there are a bunch of 3 and out drives either.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2015, 06:15 PM
He made an acrobatic catch on the tipped ball. He also had a good catch called back for a ticky-tac offensive pass interference call for the non-push off.

I didn't say he's not talented. Just wrong fit for this team.

Mr. Pink
09-20-2015, 09:37 PM
Any WR is a bad fit for this team.

Still no QB.

OpIv37
09-20-2015, 09:46 PM
It comes down to this: that final INT hit Watkins in the hands. It was a bad throw and he had to go up for it, but we spent two first round picks on a guy who can't make the catch, and failing that, can't knock it down so no one else can catch it.

Really?

WagonCircler
09-20-2015, 10:40 PM
It's like handing me a Jag. Nice car but no room in the garage and don't really need it.

Except that we paid double for Watkins (in draft choices).

kingJofNYC
09-20-2015, 10:51 PM
I'm not sure why we always focus on what we gave up for Watkins when we can't draft for **** to begin with. So we have an extra draft pick, cool, we'll in all likelihood blow it. This is a franchise that took EJ Manuel in the first round. This is a team that traded Jason Peters away for draft picks and did what with them? Eric Wood is a top 5 paid center, he's garbage and gets wrecked week in week out. We have a thread about Mario being fools gold, but where's the thread on Wood? What about Glenn who looks like shell of what he was his first two years under Gailey? Team has issues, 7-9 or 9-7 can go either way. Many of our 7-9 seasons could have been 9-7, same **** different year. Bottom line, this franchise needs to get Watkins to produce because he's a talented player that can do a lot for us.

ICRockets
09-20-2015, 11:35 PM
It comes down to this: that final INT hit Watkins in the hands. It was a bad throw and he had to go up for it, but we spent two first round picks on a guy who can't make the catch, and failing that, can't knock it down so no one else can catch it.

Really?

No, not really, because you're operating under a false premise. Sammy "can't" make that catch? What player have you been watching? He absolutely CAN, he just DIDN'T. Major difference if we're keeping today's loss in perspective, which it would be asinine not to do since it was our first of the season. We have to lose a lot more to miss the playoffs, and so far I have little reason to believe anyone else on our schedule will give us fits as badly as Belichick's schemes and Gronk's absurd physicality.

kingJofNYC
09-21-2015, 12:01 AM
You know what player is looking like real luxury right now, Clay, especially since he makes more than Gronk...now that's a Jaguar I don't need.

swiper
09-21-2015, 03:32 AM
No, not really, because you're operating under a false premise. Sammy "can't" make that catch? What player have you been watching? He absolutely CAN, he just DIDN'T.

Because the QB threw it too high again.

GreedoII
09-21-2015, 05:53 AM

bad pick getting him but crying now isn;t going to help so go cry in a corner by yourself little baby boy

mdcas22
09-21-2015, 06:08 AM
we are a left tackle and center and still think a QB away on the o-side of the ball. Glenn is a guard playing tackle . Wood alway's get's dominated by a decent nose tackle. and TT is still up in the air, he looked just like he did when he was at Virginia with his accuracy and looked uncomfortable in the pocket most of the time. play too many teams that will now have the report card on how to defend TT. Brady duz what most Bill's fan's don't want our QB too do and thats short pass's 90 % of the time. but how many rings do they have?

CommissarSpartacus
09-21-2015, 07:21 AM
Get a ****ing haircut, Sammy!

Pinkerton Security
09-21-2015, 07:47 AM
Because the QB threw it too high again.

idk how anyone can blame Sammy for that pick, that was a ball very few in the NFL would have caught and Sammy nearly came down with it. Bad throw, period.

OpIv37
09-21-2015, 08:02 AM
No, not really, because you're operating under a false premise. Sammy "can't" make that catch? What player have you been watching? He absolutely CAN, he just DIDN'T. Major difference if we're keeping today's loss in perspective, which it would be asinine not to do since it was our first of the season. We have to lose a lot more to miss the playoffs, and so far I have little reason to believe anyone else on our schedule will give us fits as badly as Belichick's schemes and Gronk's absurd physicality.
When guys you spend two first round picks on don't make those plays, your team isn't going to win period. Star players need to make the big plays against the good teams.

OpIv37
09-21-2015, 08:04 AM
idk how anyone can blame Sammy for that pick, that was a ball very few in the NFL would have caught and Sammy nearly came down with it. Bad throw, period.

And that's why spending two first round picks on a WR with no QB to get him the ball is stupid.

Novacane
09-21-2015, 08:07 AM
You know what player is looking like real luxury right now, Clay, especially since he makes more than Gronk...now that's a Jaguar I don't need.

His money should of gone to OL

Victor7
09-21-2015, 10:02 AM
One of Whaley's worst moves so far. That is NOT a nock on Sammy btw. Great player but like all WR's in the game they can't pass to themselves. And yeah he should've caught that ball towards the end. I know it wasn't Tyrod's best throw but it was catchable.

The comparison to Spiller is off though. CJ's is just not good. Sammy is. But has nobody to get him the ball. CJ has had one good season and 4 ****ty ones. He's mediocre at best. A fast guy and nothing more. No vision, no patience. Freddy continuously outplayed him behind the same line.

jamze132
09-21-2015, 10:06 AM

Really?

I bet that guy from the NYG, Odell Beckham Jr. would have caught it...

MillsapsBillsFan
09-21-2015, 10:43 AM
I bet that guy from the NYG, Odell Beckham Jr. would have caught it...

You mean the guy thats shorter than sammy to begin with, on a pass that was already high?

I think its fair to say that we gave up too much to get Sammy, I really like sammy but 2 firsts with no QB is a little high. I dont think its fair to compare him to spiller. His problem wasnt that he didnt fit, it was that he really wasnt that good.

Also to blame that last INT on him is a little crazy. Should he have caught it? Maybe, but the fact is the pass was high to begin with. Lets not blame the recievers because they dont have a good QB to throw to them. Woods and Watkins both made some very good catches in that game that others might not have made.

Mr. Miyagi
09-21-2015, 12:08 PM

Really?
Are you serious? Watkins has easily the best hands on this team, and maybe one of the best in the whole league. So he didn't make this catch, it happens to everyone. Suddenly we blew two 1st on a guy who can't catch? Whatever happened to your "an exception doesn't make a rule" philosophy? Freddie fumbled last night on national TV. So suddenly he's a fumbler?

Oaf
09-21-2015, 04:56 PM
Are you serious? Watkins has easily the best hands on this team, and maybe one of the best in the whole league. So he didn't make this catch, it happens to everyone.

It's arguable Watkins has the best hands on his team even with Robert Woods.. Monsters like Julio Jones, DT, and Dez Bryant make that catch when it counts. Those are guys worth trading up for. Not 6-1 shifty dudes.

I have no problem with Watkins. Worth a mid/late 1st rounder. It's the Bills talent eval team that sucks.

OpIv37
09-22-2015, 07:13 AM
Are you serious? Watkins has easily the best hands on this team, and maybe one of the best in the whole league. So he didn't make this catch, it happens to everyone. Suddenly we blew two 1st on a guy who can't catch? Whatever happened to your "an exception doesn't make a rule" philosophy? Freddie fumbled last night on national TV. So suddenly he's a fumbler?

When star players don't make the big plays, the team loses. 2 first round picks and the guy can't prevent an INT, let alone actually make the play.

TacklingDummy
09-22-2015, 07:24 AM
When star players don't make the big plays, the team loses. 2 first round picks and the guy can't prevent an INT, let alone actually make the play.

Don't forget the 4th round pick also.

Aggie
09-22-2015, 08:42 AM
The catch puts the Bills at the 50 with a minute left down a TD. The game was actually still winnable. It was a huge ****up. Nobody should be defending him.

MillsapsBillsFan
09-22-2015, 11:25 AM
The catch puts the Bills at the 50 with a minute left down a TD. The game was actually still winnable. It was a huge ****up. Nobody should be defending him.

You're right, that was a huge ****up for Taylor

BertSquirtgum
09-22-2015, 11:35 AM
I don't dislike Watkins. I dislike what the Bills gave up to get him. I didn't think it was worth it then and I don't think it was worth it today. I was hoping the Bills were going to announce Khalil Mack. Just imagine him in this defense. So much more worthy of giving up those picks.

OpIv37
09-22-2015, 11:57 AM
The most frustrating part is that this team made a decision to go with Watkins instead of Stevie at least partially because Stevie wasn't good in the clutch. Watkins' miss wasn't as egregious as Stevie's drop against Pittsburgh or fumble in the last TO game because it was a tough throw, but yet again it was a player who should be a star not coming through when it counts the most.

stuckincincy
09-22-2015, 12:46 PM
The most frustrating part is that this team made a decision to go with Watkins instead of Stevie at least partially because Stevie wasn't good in the clutch. Watkins' miss wasn't as egregious as Stevie's drop against Pittsburgh or fumble in the last TO game because it was a tough throw, but yet again it was a player who should be a star not coming through when it counts the most.

Stevie is with SD now. Had a decent game vs. CIN...6 targets, 5 catches for 45 yds. and 1 TD:

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/56523/CIN_Gamebook.pdf

TacklingDummy
09-22-2015, 01:06 PM
Stevie is with SD now. Had a decent game vs. CIN...6 targets, 5 catches for 45 yds. and 1 TD:

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/56523/CIN_Gamebook.pdf

11 Rec, 127 yards, 2 TDs

vs.

6 Rec, 60 yards, 1 TD, 2 first round picks and a 4th.

Keep rubbing it in.

stuckincincy
09-22-2015, 01:32 PM
11 Rec, 127 yards, 2 TDs

vs.

6 Rec, 60 yards, 1 TD, 2 first round picks and a 4th.

Keep rubbing it in.

I guess it's a Philip Rivers vs BUF qbs. I shake my head at how an NFL franchise - BUF and CLE are the poster children - about how it is possible to go so long without a QB of note.

I think it goes to ownership and management correctly realizing that their fans will buy any and all tix regardless.