Tyrod and the OL- what a brutally combination.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Tyrod and the OL- what a brutally combination.

The OL was pathetic today. To Tyrod's credit, he used his speed and athleticism to get out of jams and either minimize negative plays or make positive ones out of awful blocking.

However, on the few plays where the OL gave Taylor time, he looked confused. He held he ball too long, struggled to find WR's downfield and often moved right into the pressure.

Yeah, the O made some nice plays in the 4th but sucked for 3/4ths of the game. I can't help but wonder if the coaches named Tyrod the starter because they knew his athleticism is the only chance we have behind this turnstile OL.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Tyrod and the OL- what a brutally combination.

Doesn't look to me like Roman's game plans are attempting to utilize Taylor the same way he did Kap, at all. And, Taylor is holding on to the ball too long, too many times.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      However, on the few plays where the OL gave Taylor time, he looked confused.
      maybe he was shocked he had time.
      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
        maybe he was shocked he had time.
        Let's hope so, but I stongly believe he is just too inexperienced to handle Bellicheck's blitz and coverage schemes. On a positive note, he will get better in time and most of the coaches we face don't scheme as well as the cheating douchebag.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
          • Jul 2002

I couldn't see what was going on downfield on TV.
          To the ones who went to the game: Were the receivers covered and is that why Tyrod was holding onto the ball or was he holding onto the ball when guys were relatively open & he couldn't pull the trigger? Sacks can be coverage sacks which are not the QBs fault or he could be doing the Rob Johnson thing of holding the ball too long because he's waiting for the perfect situation before throwing it-Which was it today?

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

its good he wants to be mainly a pocket passer but today it looked like there were a bunch of times he shoulda just ran
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
              its good he wants to be mainly a pocket passer but today it looked like there were a bunch of times he shoulda just ran
              Agreed. I think he's trying too hard to stay in the pocket sometimes to try and dispel the notion that he's a guy who can only run.

He needs to watch more Russel Wilson tape.
              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
              Vanek is Austrian not European
              Originally posted by Prov401
              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
              Originally posted by better days
              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                • Sep 2009

Miller is overwhelmed at G, made some ok plays in the run game. Glenn is awful, on going story. I remember when he used to hold Chandler Jones in check his first two years, not anymore. Eric Wood is straight trash and the biggest liability on that OL. He gets bulldozed in both run/pass, just awful. Can't stand watching Eric Wood play, he's the new Kelsay, way overpaid (top 5 in league) and produces at below replacement level. Garbage. That unit is pathetic.

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Doesn't look to me like Roman's game plans are attempting to utilize Taylor the same way he did Kap, at all. And, Taylor is holding on to the ball too long, too many times.
                Kap held on to the ball too long as well. Guy couldn't read a D. Niner fans hated Roman, loathed his ass, and blamed him for the redzone troubles. Niners still can't score in the redzone, but at least they don't have Roman!
                Last edited by kingJofNYC; 09-20-2015, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• ICRockets
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  Let's hope so, but I stongly believe he is just too inexperienced to handle Bellicheck's blitz and coverage schemes. On a positive note, he will get better in time and most of the coaches we face don't scheme as well as the cheating douchebag.
                  This is the biggest thing, IMO. I think every game between now and Monday Night Rematch is winnable, with the possible exception of the Bengals game, but since it's at the Ralph I can see us rattling Dalton enough to make it competitive.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

A running QB getting sacked 8 times is just a huge joke.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

To me, there is no question he got confused. They may need Goodwin back so that there is somebody who uses his raw physical ability to stretch the field without much trick involved.

The worry on offense goes back to running the ball. No consistency at all for the 2 games thus far. I do, however, liked what McCoy showed week 1 to week 2 and see why he's top 5 RB in this league. But I don't know we'll see his full potential with his lingering injury. Back to the topic, I think they don't intend for Tyrod to be the bell cow of this offense but thus far, oppositions were able to. I was expecting this offense to see many 2nd and 5, 3rd and 3 types situations, instead we are seeing a steady 2nd and 12, 3rd and 10 mainly due to first down runs went negative or got a penalty etc. It is hard for Brady to consistently produce under those situations, let alone a first year starter.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                        • Apr 2003

ill give tryrod a pass this week belichek is tough for any inexperienced qb.

however miami , giants and the titans if he looks incapable through those 3 games .

then hes just anther on the list of nobodys

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

OL is definitely our biggest weakness right now.

Glenn is a huge disappointment. No push in the run game and is getting beat down by everyone in pass pro. Henderson is not much better himself. Miller is a rookie so you can give him a pass but his inconsistent play is contributing to the struggles of the unit as a whole.

Wood is average.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Tyron held the ball WAY too long and was sacked 8 times. He may has well have been Drew Bledsoe.

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                              Tyron held the ball WAY too long and was sacked 8 times. He may has well have been Drew Bledsoe.
                              Funny you say that, I said "Throw it Drew!!!!!!!!!" about 15 times yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X