PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod and the OL- what a brutally combination.

OpIv37
09-20-2015, 08:28 PM
The OL was pathetic today. To Tyrod's credit, he used his speed and athleticism to get out of jams and either minimize negative plays or make positive ones out of awful blocking.

However, on the few plays where the OL gave Taylor time, he looked confused. He held he ball too long, struggled to find WR's downfield and often moved right into the pressure.

Yeah, the O made some nice plays in the 4th but sucked for 3/4ths of the game. I can't help but wonder if the coaches named Tyrod the starter because they knew his athleticism is the only chance we have behind this turnstile OL.

YardRat
09-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Doesn't look to me like Roman's game plans are attempting to utilize Taylor the same way he did Kap, at all. And, Taylor is holding on to the ball too long, too many times.

imbondz
09-20-2015, 08:38 PM
However, on the few plays where the OL gave Taylor time, he looked confused.

maybe he was shocked he had time.

OpIv37
09-20-2015, 08:58 PM
maybe he was shocked he had time.

Let's hope so, but I stongly believe he is just too inexperienced to handle Bellicheck's blitz and coverage schemes. On a positive note, he will get better in time and most of the coaches we face don't scheme as well as the cheating douchebag.

Albany,n.y.
09-20-2015, 09:10 PM
I couldn't see what was going on downfield on TV.
To the ones who went to the game: Were the receivers covered and is that why Tyrod was holding onto the ball or was he holding onto the ball when guys were relatively open & he couldn't pull the trigger? Sacks can be coverage sacks which are not the QBs fault or he could be doing the Rob Johnson thing of holding the ball too long because he's waiting for the perfect situation before throwing it-Which was it today?

Meathead
09-20-2015, 09:49 PM
its good he wants to be mainly a pocket passer but today it looked like there were a bunch of times he shoulda just ran

Crisis
09-20-2015, 10:31 PM
its good he wants to be mainly a pocket passer but today it looked like there were a bunch of times he shoulda just ran

Agreed. I think he's trying too hard to stay in the pocket sometimes to try and dispel the notion that he's a guy who can only run.

He needs to watch more Russel Wilson tape.

kingJofNYC
09-20-2015, 10:58 PM
Miller is overwhelmed at G, made some ok plays in the run game. Glenn is awful, on going story. I remember when he used to hold Chandler Jones in check his first two years, not anymore. Eric Wood is straight trash and the biggest liability on that OL. He gets bulldozed in both run/pass, just awful. Can't stand watching Eric Wood play, he's the new Kelsay, way overpaid (top 5 in league) and produces at below replacement level. Garbage. That unit is pathetic.

Doesn't look to me like Roman's game plans are attempting to utilize Taylor the same way he did Kap, at all. And, Taylor is holding on to the ball too long, too many times.

Kap held on to the ball too long as well. Guy couldn't read a D. Niner fans hated Roman, loathed his ass, and blamed him for the redzone troubles. Niners still can't score in the redzone, but at least they don't have Roman!

ICRockets
09-20-2015, 11:31 PM
Let's hope so, but I stongly believe he is just too inexperienced to handle Bellicheck's blitz and coverage schemes. On a positive note, he will get better in time and most of the coaches we face don't scheme as well as the cheating douchebag.

This is the biggest thing, IMO. I think every game between now and Monday Night Rematch is winnable, with the possible exception of the Bengals game, but since it's at the Ralph I can see us rattling Dalton enough to make it competitive.

swiper
09-21-2015, 03:34 AM
A running QB getting sacked 8 times is just a huge joke.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-21-2015, 06:02 AM
To me, there is no question he got confused. They may need Goodwin back so that there is somebody who uses his raw physical ability to stretch the field without much trick involved.

The worry on offense goes back to running the ball. No consistency at all for the 2 games thus far. I do, however, liked what McCoy showed week 1 to week 2 and see why he's top 5 RB in this league. But I don't know we'll see his full potential with his lingering injury. Back to the topic, I think they don't intend for Tyrod to be the bell cow of this offense but thus far, oppositions were able to. I was expecting this offense to see many 2nd and 5, 3rd and 3 types situations, instead we are seeing a steady 2nd and 12, 3rd and 10 mainly due to first down runs went negative or got a penalty etc. It is hard for Brady to consistently produce under those situations, let alone a first year starter.

djjimkelly
09-21-2015, 06:56 AM
ill give tryrod a pass this week belichek is tough for any inexperienced qb.

however miami , giants and the titans if he looks incapable through those 3 games .

then hes just anther on the list of nobodys

Mahdi
09-21-2015, 07:50 AM
OL is definitely our biggest weakness right now.

Glenn is a huge disappointment. No push in the run game and is getting beat down by everyone in pass pro. Henderson is not much better himself. Miller is a rookie so you can give him a pass but his inconsistent play is contributing to the struggles of the unit as a whole.

Wood is average.

WagonCircler
09-21-2015, 09:51 AM
Tyron held the ball WAY too long and was sacked 8 times. He may has well have been Drew Bledsoe.

jamze132
09-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Tyron held the ball WAY too long and was sacked 8 times. He may has well have been Drew Bledsoe.

Funny you say that, I said "Throw it Drew!!!!!!!!!" about 15 times yesterday.

ct bills fan
09-21-2015, 12:30 PM
Tyrod wasn't the problem today. He didn't give up 466 yards passing and 40 points. If you told me that after two games, the Bills would be averaging 30 points and Tyrod would have over a 100 qb rating I would have been astounded. Sure, he has things to learn, but 2 of his INTs could have been caught and the other was and end of the half desperation heave. Coaching and defense were atrocious.

gebobs
09-21-2015, 12:37 PM
Tyrod wasn't the problem today.

He and the OL were one of the problems and were partly responsible for some of those 40 points against by virtue of the field position given. This was a total team loss. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching all were schooled.

Albany,n.y.
09-21-2015, 01:14 PM
Tyrod wasn't the problem today. He didn't give up 466 yards passing and 40 points. If you told me that after two games, the Bills would be averaging 30 points and Tyrod would have over a 100 qb rating I would have been astounded. Sure, he has things to learn, but 2 of his INTs could have been caught and the other was and end of the half desperation heave. Coaching and defense were atrocious.

Even though I'm a Tyrod supporter, anyone who sees Tyrod's 103.9 QB rating after 2 weeks and ever again cites the QB rating as a credible statistic should be flamed big time. Anyway, the best QB in the NFL must be Brandon Weeden since his QB rating towers over everyone else.

jimmifli
09-21-2015, 02:01 PM
There were plays wheare we had 3wrs + FB +RB running into an 8 man front.

Great. Now it's 2nd and 12. We aren't good enough to give away free plays like that.

Then Rod ends up in bad down & distances facing pressure.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Even though I'm a Tyrod supporter, anyone who sees Tyrod's 103.9 QB rating after 2 weeks and ever again cites the QB rating as a credible statistic should be flamed big time. Anyway, the best QB in the NFL must be Brandon Weeden since his QB rating towers over everyone else.

isn't he close to retirement age since he got drafted when he was about 42?

justasportsfan
09-21-2015, 02:06 PM
The OL was pathetic today. To Tyrod's credit, he used his speed and athleticism to get out of jams and either minimize negative plays or make positive ones out of awful blocking.

However, on the few plays where the OL gave Taylor time, he looked confused. He held he ball too long, struggled to find WR's downfield and often moved right into the pressure.

Yeah, the O made some nice plays in the 4th but sucked for 3/4ths of the game. I can't help but wonder if the coaches named Tyrod the starter because they knew his athleticism is the only chance we have behind this turnstile OL.

that was BB getting in Tyrod and Romans head. They supposedly lined up in places that Tyrod was not familiar with and it's Romans job to get him ready.

Ingtar33
09-21-2015, 08:37 PM
I couldn't see what was going on downfield on TV.
To the ones who went to the game: Were the receivers covered and is that why Tyrod was holding onto the ball or was he holding onto the ball when guys were relatively open & he couldn't pull the trigger? Sacks can be coverage sacks which are not the QBs fault or he could be doing the Rob Johnson thing of holding the ball too long because he's waiting for the perfect situation before throwing it-Which was it today?

it was pretty much a mess.

Basically BB showed him stuff he hadn't seen before. The passrush was the same rush design we used against luck. Lots of A gap blitzing, and the ends 2-technique rushing, just trying to keep tyrod inside the pocket. The problem was unlike against the colts, the pats passrush was coming free up the middle without anyone touching them. horrible pass blocking. so tyrod would take the snap, and have atleast one rusher coming free up the middle untouched, while the edge rushers are trying to contain him for it, and his hot reads are all covered. forcing him to scramble a bit, in a situation he shouldn't be scrambling, just to get outside the tackles and maybe be able to throw the ball away or hope someone pops open.

BB confuses a lot more experienced QBs, he did the same thing to TT. and the o-line wasn't even close to up to dealing with it.

Buddo
09-22-2015, 03:36 AM
To his credit, Taylor did come back in garbage time. As did much of the rest of the team. Heart they have, a plenty. I say 'garbage time', because in watching the game, after the first couple of series, when optimism abounded, what I then saw, was nothing that made me feel as though the Bills were going to win the game - even towards the end when we were 'coming back'. In just about any other game remotely similar, I've had some sense that 'it could still be on', or 'any given Sunday', but not last Sunday.

Imho, we've backed the wrong horse in the QB stakes, and are running with yet another guy who has a steep learning curve to ride. I think that Manuel should have been the guy, and Sunday's game went a long way to confirming that opinion.
Why? Because against the Pats, his capability to get big chunks of yardage, could have made a difference - and I don't think we would have lost anything against the Colts either. I think that Taylor can still do a good enough job to get us enough wins to challenge for a w/c slot, but I believe that when push comes to shove, we are going to need a QB who can hit back quickly, from deep, and I just don't think Taylor is the guy to be able to do that consistently.

Seems to me that after the scrimmages and pre-season, that Manuels biggest problem is that he wasn't fitting the desired m.o. of Ryan and Roman, in that he wasn't eating up large chunks of clock while leading scoring drives. Well, against the likes of the Pats, if you are going to succeed, you either have to do that, like the opening drive, or you have to be able to hit back quickly. Sunday showed me that against this current Pats team, hitting back quickly is more likely to keep you in the game, than trying to run the clock off.

The Pats D kept the box well topped up, and held their discipline well on the edge, which stifled both our run game, and the ability of Taylor to run, generally. Instead of running to set up the pass, we needed to pass to set up the run after that first series, and we never made the necessary adjustments or pass plays to do so.