PDA

View Full Version : Some people took the game harder than others

Skooby
09-21-2015, 09:19 AM
Schoolmate of mine got in a fight with her husband & went home / hung herself, you'll be hearing about it in the news soon I'm sure. It's absolutely a horrible situation, little kids at home and all. Distraught is probably the least thing I can say about how everyone is feeling, just to point out that many of us took this to heart & some to a different extreme.

I can't blame anyone on the Bills but the hype machine and getting crushed isn't good for the local morale, in many different ways. I think talking on the field with winning plays is worth more than trash talk, also while taking less penalties.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-21-2015, 09:24 AM
There was a suicide at the Bills tailgate last week too. WTH?

RIP

Mr. Miyagi
09-21-2015, 09:29 AM
I don't think last week was related to the game, since it happened the night before the game.

I was mad like anyone else, but come on at the end of the day it's just a game. Plus it's a long season, 1-1 is not bad at all.

Novacane
09-21-2015, 09:35 AM
Sorry to hear. That is awful. It sounds like there was more to it than the Bills outcome.

Forward_Lateral
09-21-2015, 09:41 AM
I care less and less each year about losses. I used to get mad for a week.

ParanoidAndroid
09-21-2015, 09:51 AM
This is a bizarre thread.

jamze132
09-21-2015, 09:51 AM
I'll be pissed all week.

Meathead
09-21-2015, 09:54 AM
her troubles obviously went waaaay deeper then a football game

DesertFox24
09-21-2015, 09:59 AM
Sorry to hear for the loss that is a shame. I wanted to win like all Bills fans and watching Brady destroy us as though we were a JV high school team made it much worse, knowing there was nothing we could do at all.

All that said I woke up today and am happy, I have nothing invested in it. I have two kids and getting angry at the tv throwing things like I used to yelling at good or bad things scares them since I dont act like that normally. It has really helped me to be calm and chill although yesterday I got angry twice and had to apologize.

Like Forward said it does not mean much anymore, what a shame she hung herself and now her kids will grow up without a mother.

Skooby
09-21-2015, 10:04 AM
Sorry to hear for the loss that is a shame. I wanted to win like all Bills fans and watching Brady destroy us as though we were a JV high school team made it much worse, knowing there was nothing we could do at all.

All that said I woke up today and am happy, I have nothing invested in it. I have two kids and getting angry at the tv throwing things like I used to yelling at good or bad things scares them since I dont act like that normally. It has really helped me to be calm and chill although yesterday I got angry twice and had to apologize.

Like Forward said it does not mean much anymore, what a shame she hung herself and now her kids will grow up without a mother.

Exactly, it's an absolute tradegy and I thought this might help some reflect on how one negative event can lead to a cascade of lifetime disasters. The Bills losing the game isn't the end of the world to me but to some it literally was.

Novacane
09-21-2015, 10:39 AM
I was over it before the game ended.

GreedoII
09-21-2015, 10:59 AM
Schoolmate of mine got in a fight with her husband & went home / hung herself, you'll be hearing about it in the news soon I'm sure. It's absolutely a horrible situation, little kids at home and all. Distraught is probably the least thing I can say about how everyone is feeling, just to point out that many of us took this to heart & some to a different extreme.

I can't blame anyone on the Bills but the hype machine and getting crushed isn't good for the local morale, in many different ways. I think talking on the field with winning plays is worth more than trash talk, also while taking less penalties.

why are u posting this crap man..u got issues. Work it out with your parents for abusing u as a child

HAMMER
09-21-2015, 11:21 AM
Wow. I can't even fathom. It's a game and we should all be well accustomed to losing by now.

Mr. Miyagi
09-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Hanging is one of the less preferred ways to die, for me. It just seems too much suffering. I would've rather run the car with the garage door closed.

Mr. Pink
09-21-2015, 12:12 PM
The Pats, under Brady and Belichick, have owned the Bills the past 12 years. The expected result is a loss. How yesterday shocks anyone into being mad or whatever else on top of that is idiotic.

When the Bills travel to Foxboro, I'll be expecting them to lose, like usual.

BidsJr
09-21-2015, 02:34 PM
Hanging is one of the less preferred ways to die, for me. It just seems too much suffering. I would've rather run the car with the garage door closed.

Go seek help. You obviously have put too much thought into this.

TacklingDummy
09-21-2015, 02:51 PM
I was over it before the game ended.

Hell I was over it before the season started.
Going to be another average year.
The Bills will again finish good enough to keep themselves away from a franchise QB.

TheBrownBear
09-21-2015, 03:06 PM
Sorry for your loss, but um, this is sort of a weird conclusion to draw and a weird way to share it. I'm willing to bet that the Bills' performance had very little to do with her taking her life yesterday. If you're willing to kill yourself over that, then I'm guessing she was on the precipice and pretty much any little thing would have sent her over the edge.

Skooby
09-21-2015, 03:07 PM
why are u posting this crap man..u got issues. Work it out with your parents for abusing u as a child

No clue what your problem is but OK man, you got it.

Meathead
09-21-2015, 03:22 PM

i always saw you as a hari kari guy myself

Typ0
09-21-2015, 03:32 PM

I find if very comforting that people come here in their times of need. It's not the football that makes the site work it's the people here.