PDA

View Full Version : Step away from the ledge

Mr. Miyagi
09-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Let's put things in perspective. We are 1-1 against the top 2 AFC teams. If someone told you before the season this would happen, I think most of us would gladly take it.

Our schedule gets easier from here out. We still have the Jags and Titans and Redskins to play. I don't know how Miami lost to the Jags but it's safe to say it should be less of a challenge than the Colts and the Pats.

I'm still optimistic about our season.

:gobills:

gebobs
09-21-2015, 12:31 PM
Well said. However, though we all knew there was a good chance we would lose yesterday, I doubt anyone saw it being that bad. I mean, aside from OpIv who thought it would be about 3-4 times worse. All the good that we gleaned from Week #1 was dissembled before our very eyes. Offense, defense, special teams, and coaching...all sucked mightily. And the one sore thumb from the Colts game, the penalties, appears to be systemic and the coaches appear clueless as to how to correct it.

Miami is beatable and boy do we need a win.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Week 1: Superbowl. Week 2: We suck 7-9. Week 3: Superbowl.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-21-2015, 01:43 PM
the problem is we get fed HOPE then get fed chicken **** then get fed HOPE then get fed Chicken ****... the beat goes on and on and on

Static
09-21-2015, 01:52 PM
Miami is talented we just dont have good coaching....and its going to kill us again this year.

sukie
09-21-2015, 01:56 PM
I had 7-9 prior to week one

- - - Updated - - -

the problem is we get fed HOPE then get fed chicken **** then get fed HOPE then get fed Chicken ****... the beat goes on and on and on

Where was the hope? Tyrod?

justasportsfan
09-21-2015, 02:00 PM
I was never planning to step on the edge even if we lost. We can still makes playoffs by beating teams not named the Cheatriots. However, yesterday's game told me we most likely can't beat the Cheaters and the road to the sb is through them.

gebobs
09-21-2015, 02:03 PM
Miami is talented we just dont have good coaching

Seems like a good match up then. Same thing here.

Skooby
09-21-2015, 02:04 PM
Does the edge stop here ??

bleve
09-21-2015, 03:50 PM
This guy is near the edge...

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--VyMXDxvq--/1439140304770879631.gif

YardRat
09-21-2015, 05:02 PM
Long season ahead, anything can happen, it's not like one loss to the defending Super Bowl champions is the death knell for the rest of the year, but let's face facts...winners don't put themselves in a position to "put things in perspective" or "look on the bright side". The ass-whupping hurt, and it should.

Albany,n.y.
09-21-2015, 05:26 PM
During the Super Bowl years the Bills would play a bad game or two looking like garbage. They still won the AFC in spite of these bad games:
1990 (13-3) week 2 lost 30-7 at Miami
1991 (13-3) week 6 butt whipping at Kansas City 33-6
1992 (11-5) week 5 lost 37-10 at home vs Miami followed by a 20-3 no show in LA vs the Raiders in week 6 and of course the season finale in Houston losing 27-3 and Kelly getting injured.
1993 (12-4) week 9 shutout in Pittsburgh 23-0, two weeks later going down 23-7 in Kansas City.

During the Levy/Kelly era the Bills couldn't play well in KC or Pittsburgh (the best game in Pittsburgh was with Reich-Kelly would get too wound up going home).
Presently, the Bills can't play against the Brady/Belichick duo of New England.
It's one game-look at the schedule-there are 10 or more wins there-they only have to play NE once in the next 14 games-the sky hasn't fallen.

BillsImpossible
09-21-2015, 05:39 PM
The Bills were about 3 plays away from tying the game at 40.

They put up 32 points against Bill Belichick's defense.

When is the last time a quarterback facing Belichick's defense for the first time in his career put up that many points?

Never? I'm not sure, but it would be interesting to know.

Tyrod Taylor was 23-30 for 242 yards, had 3 passing TD's, 1 rushing TD and 3 picks.

Two of those interceptions could have and should have been caught.

If Amendola can make a great catch, there's no reason why Harvin and Clay shouldn't have caught those passes.

Take away the phantom penalties, and New England's field position would have been much different.

The game was closer than it should have been.

Instead of laying down and getting thumped, the Bills fought back and had a chance to tie the game.

They almost made a huge comeback against the Patriots.

The Bills never gave up in that game, which is all I can ask for as a fan.

YardRat
09-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Watkins dropped the last pass that was picked...he should come down with those.

JoeMama
09-21-2015, 05:48 PM
I literally feel nothing when I watch the Bills anymore. No highs. No lows.

I guess I'm just a cynical member of generation X (ok technically I'm a millennial) that just doesn't give a **** about anything.

For the first time in 20 years I turned it off in the first quarter and went and read a book the rest of the afternoon.

Sad how hopeless this franchise is.

I used to live and die for this stuff. Now it's just like... I dunno... trying to pretend you're excited to do something lame like pick out furniture with your girlfriend.

Oh well.

Boxing is my first love anyway.

And the Sabres seem to be on the right path.

BTW I do not trust run first QB's like Taylor, RGIII, Kaepernick, etc etc. They're all flashes in the pan that get figured out and then they're washed up the second DC's figure out how to contain them in the pocket.

Taylor just seems like another gimmick at QB.

BillsImpossible
09-21-2015, 05:50 PM
He ran 5 times!!!

wtf?

JoeMama
09-21-2015, 05:54 PM
He ran 5 times!!!

wtf?

He was constantly scrambling and rolling out.

He's not a pure pocket passer.

And that's still the ultimate QB in this league.

Your Rodgers', your Brady's, your Brees', your Manning brothers, your Rivers', etc etc.

Wilson is a pocket passer who can run when he needs too.

Taylor runs around too damn much.

I don't trust him.

But if you like him, great.

Once they contain him in the pocket, he's toast.

JoeMama
09-21-2015, 05:55 PM
I'm old school. I like traditional pocket passers because they're the greatest in the game and always will be.

BillsImpossible
09-21-2015, 06:01 PM
Instead of trying to run, Taylor hung in the pocket as much as he could without getting killed and kept his eyes down field.

I wish he would have ran more.

23/30 is a 77% completion percentage, with a horrible offensive line in front of him.

If those tipped passes get caught instead of intercepted, Taylor would have had an 83% completion rate - which is off the charts.

The only reason why the Bills made it a close game was because Tyrod Taylor kept making plays.

swiper
09-21-2015, 06:04 PM
All three of those picks were on overthrown passes. WTF do people look at when you are watching these games? Taylor was holding on to the ball too long and threw high or behind on more than half his passes. If Woods, Watkins and Harvin were making incredible catches he would have been in trouble. And a running QB lets himself get sacked 8 times? ROFLMAO. What an embarrassment. At least Chip Kelly admits he's embarrassed.

BillsImpossible
09-21-2015, 06:11 PM
If the ball hits a wide receivers hands in the NFL, they should catch it.

Brady's pass to Amendola was high, but he still caught it.

OpIv37
09-21-2015, 07:27 PM
Let's put things in perspective. We are 1-1 against the top 2 AFC teams. If someone told you before the season this would happen, I think most of us would gladly take it.

Our schedule gets easier from here out. We still have the Jags and Titans and Redskins to play. I don't know how Miami lost to the Jags but it's safe to say it should be less of a challenge than the Colts and the Pats.

Hehe more blind optimism. The Colts were a top 2 AFC team LAST year. I think we will find out that isn't true THIS year as time progresses.

Our vaunted DL still can't handle our biggest div rival. The OL is Swiss cheese and the ineffectiveness of the OL and inexperience at Qb is neutralizing all our fancy toys on offense.

We can't beat the Pats so we aren't winning the division. that means we have to come up with 10 wins to get a wild card. Somehow, we have to go 9-5 or better in our remaining games, and given how the Pats just manhandled us at home, we might as well count the game in NE as a loss (don't forget our only victory in Gillette ever was a meaningless game where they rested starters). That means we have to go 9-4 in the rest of our games.

Oh, and one more thing: if we somehow do make the playoffs, we will eventually have to either beat the Pats or beat a team capable of beating the Pats..... Sunday showed you why that isn't going to happen.

BillsImpossible
09-21-2015, 07:31 PM
I could give a fart about how the Bills do against the Patriots in Week 2.

All I care about is how the Bills do against them in the playoffs.

OpIv37
09-21-2015, 07:35 PM
I could give a fart about how the Bills do against the Patriots in Week 2.

All I care about is how the Bills do against them in the playoffs.

And if the Bills can't beat them in Week 2, why would you think we can beat them in the playoffs? Even with all their success, they tend to start slow and peak when it matters most.

YardRat
09-21-2015, 07:59 PM
The Colts performance so far tonight against the Jets, in Indy's home opener on national TV no less, is taking a little bit of luster off of the victory last week.

DesertFox24
09-21-2015, 09:24 PM
And if the Bills can't beat them in Week 2, why would you think we can beat them in the playoffs? Even with all their success, they tend to start slow and peak when it matters most.

Dude are you even a fan or just trolling the bills because they suck. Odds are you probably don't even care about pro football just picked a team that sucked and are just epic trolling.

Going back To your stupid statement about because we lost in week 2 we have no chance. Pats have had Some epic losses and still went on to great things. However based on your logic Seahawks suck because they lost to the Rams that lost to the skins. Bottom line is I don't post much anymore because all bills boards are more about being a jerk than talking actual football.

swiper
09-22-2015, 04:19 AM
If the ball hits a wide receivers hands in the NFL, they should catch it.

Brady's pass to Amendola was high, but he still caught it.

As has been said numerous times, by numerous posters, you are a fool.

Oaf
09-22-2015, 11:45 PM
Somehow, we have to go 9-5 or better in our remaining games, and given how the Pats just manhandled us at home, we might as well count the game in NE as a loss (don't forget our only victory in Gillette ever was a meaningless game where they rested starters). That means we have to go 9-4 in the rest of our games.

You might as well have said this two weeks ago, "Wow guys, to make playoffs that means we have to go 10-6 in the rest of our games. And we know two of those can't be against NE. So we really have to go 10-4 guys, wowowow, we're never going to make it. And the MNF at NE?

Might as well forfeit and rest the starters for the next week."

Ingtar33
09-23-2015, 03:01 AM
the rest of our schedule (apart from NE) is pretty weak. we should be able to play with everyone on it. Right now i still feel good about getting to the playoffs. I said it before the season but if we get out of the first 4 games at 2-2 we'll make the playoffs. there is no reason we can't go 6-2 the next 8 games, it's just a weak schedule. in reality going 8-0 is possible as well.

swiper
11-24-2015, 04:21 AM

ROFLMAO.

Funny how people post crap like this. How do you feel this morning?

gebobs
11-24-2015, 06:09 AM
ROFLMAO.

Funny how people post crap like this. How do you feel this morning?

You dug this thread up for this?