Do you think Brady and the Pats were trying to hang 50 on us yesterday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Do you think Brady and the Pats were trying to hang 50 on us yesterday?

The way they kept going after the Bills even with a big lead, not running the balls, going on 4th and short, etc. It's very telling to me on one 4th and 1 in-completion: Brady had an easier short throw to make but he saw a deep one-on-one coverage (Rambo one someone) and went for it.

Something tells me that Monday night game between these two teams won't be a kind affair for either teams.
  • gebobs
    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
    • Sep 2003

Re: Do you think Brady and the Pats were trying to hang 50 on us yesterday?

They were going for Brady's 400th TD pass, nothing more or less. And it nearly cost them.

There were few positives that I can take from this game. Not giving him that pleasure is one of them. The others are Shady, making some effort at a comeback, and not letting that goon Chandler get a TD.

For the record, of Brady's 399 TD passes, 60 are against the Bills. Just let that sink in for a second.
    Last edited by gebobs; 09-21-2015, 02:14 PM.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
      They were going for Brady's 400th TD pass, nothing more or less. And it nearly cost them.

There were few positives that I can take from this game. Not giving him that pleasure is one of them. The others are Shady, making some effort at a comeback, and not letting that goon Chandler get a TD.

For the record, of Brady's 399 TD passes, 60 are against the Bills. Just let that sink in for a second.
      60 touchdowns out of 399 is about 15.04%, which translates to 1 in every 6.65 touchdowns coming against the Bills. This number is pretty bad, yeah. If all things were equal, Brady would have 1 in every 8 touchdowns be against the Bills because we play twice per season or 1 out of every 8 games. If you take into account that the Patriots are pretty much in the playoffs every year, and that they usually go pretty deep in the playoffs, and also that they never play against the Bills in these so called 'playoff games,' this number gets friggin' disgusting.

Comment

• Victor7
        • Jul 2013

Absolutely they were. And trying to do it via Scott Chandler I might add. Just BB being the piece of **** that he always is. I still crave the day he gets hit by a bus or something.

In fact it cost them. Only reason we made it close was because of the strip sack by Hughes. Had the Pats been killing the clock with runs Brady does not drop back to pass and the fumble never happens. We never come close and the score board better reflects the beat down we were handed down.

Comment

• gebobs
          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
          60 touchdowns out of 399 is about 15.04%, which translates to 1 in every 6.65 touchdowns coming against the Bills. This number is pretty bad, yeah. If all things were equal, Brady would have 1 in every 8 touchdowns be against the Bills because we play twice per season or 1 out of every 8 games. If you take into account that the Patriots are pretty much in the playoffs every year, and that they usually go pretty deep in the playoffs, and also that they never play against the Bills in these so called 'playoff games,' this number gets friggin' disgusting.
          I was off one. 61 TDs in 27 games (2.26 per) to go with 19 INTs. To put it into a bit more perspective, the next worst team in the division is Miami with 45 TDs but 21 INTs. He has career QBR of 101 against the Bills.
          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Maybe it's just me, but I think if New England wanted 50, they'd have gotten it, and if they'd wanted Brady to throw for 500 yards he'd have done it. When a Belichick team slips into the prevent, he's lost interest.

Comment

• DynaPaul
              • Sep 2003

Luckily those two passes Brady tried to get to Chandler in the end zone were dropped... Which is exactly why he is no longer a Bill.

Comment

• Cleve
                • Oct 2004

Brady needs to send a thank you note to Russ Brandon..."Couldn't have done it without you, guy!", since Brandon has been an integral part of defining the composition of the Bills for the last number of years, a composition that's helped pad Brady's stats (and yeah, I know... he's only on the 'business side' now.... uh huh).

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

it looked to me like the pats were trying to get Brady his 400th career TD pass.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

Is this even a question? They always try to score as many points as possible.

Comment

• Gibby
                      • Jun 2006

Ouch, but speaking of positives, and I know it is the first game against them and before Bellicheat gets his game scams together these are always fairly close affairs, I quite enjoyed that this team did not lay down and die. I thought the decision to give up on XPs was awful, and I did not like the pass choices, but overall I liked that we did not give up.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
                        Absolutely they were. And trying to do it via Scott Chandler I might add. Just BB being the piece of **** that he always is. I still crave the day he gets hit by a bus or something.

In fact it cost them. Only reason we made it close was because of the strip sack by Hughes. Had the Pats been killing the clock with runs Brady does not drop back to pass and the fumble never happens. We never come close and the score board better reflects the beat down we were handed down.
                        Or, if they had played for a TD for any player instead of trying to force it to Chandler to embarrass us, they would have scored a TD instead of a FG on that drive and had an additional 4 points cushion.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

It's a Belichick trademark to run the score up on teams so yeah, they would have scored 70 points if they could have and yes they did try to give a TD to Chandler as further embarrassment. The defensive scheme was too vanilla for the Patriots, I don't know why Rex didn't play more aggressive as he practically begged the them to drop bombs on us. They did aided in large part by some questionable penalties by the refs. Belichick is not nice, he's not classy, and he will try to screw you any way he can because he's insecure that he has no untainted legacy outside of his Parcells years.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post

hughes had a chance to plant his facemask squarely in brady's spine and he went strip sack. i wish he would have hit him. the result would have been the same...fumble, but no brady for at least 4 weeks. that would have made the close loss totally worth it.

Comment

Working...
                            X