PDA

View Full Version : Indy looked like crap

Mr. Miyagi
09-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Beaten up at home by the Jests. Now our win last week doesn't feel as special. :mad:

Albany,n.y.
09-21-2015, 09:53 PM
Indy lost in spite of Chan trying everything he could to will them to victory with his ridiculous conservative play calling. It should have never gotten to 10-7 before Buddy Nix called him to wake him up. Anyone who thinks Chan is such a great offensive mind should be put in a room & made to watch Chan trying to run out the clock with a 10 point lead & almost blowing the game. He would have succeeded if Luck wasn't the Jets 12th man tonight.

psubills62
09-21-2015, 10:04 PM
Fitzpatrick looked like a legit QB in that game. Jets' run game looked bad. Their defense was good. Gave up a few running plays, but passing they really shut Luck down. Will be interesting to see how Indy reacts in the coming weeks.

Still happy with the win, myself.

feldspar
09-21-2015, 10:28 PM
The Colts played some truly ugly football. The kicker was fumbling the ball untouched on the goal-line with an easy walk-in touchdown to be had.

But it's also clear that the Jets are a lot better than they were last year. Best situation Fitzy has ever been in, probably. Thanks a lot, IK what's-your-face for breaking Geno's jaw...I'd rather see HIM in there.

It's a long season, though, so it's a little too early to be drawing conclusions.

feldspar
09-22-2015, 12:27 AM
Fitzpatrick looked like a legit QB in that game.

At the same time, the Colts' #2, 3, and 4 CBs were out to start the game, and their #1 CB was out of the game before halftime with a concussion. Talk about a deleted secondary...and we know Chan likes to have four WRs out there in his scheme.

We'll see what happens over time.

Topas
09-22-2015, 01:11 AM
I am rooting for Fitz. I feel a bit dirty considering that he is a Jet but nonetheless I am rooting for him. Very nice and funny guy and give his all here especially considering his talent.
Shaving his head when Stevie was about to sign his extension was awesome. That was the last time the Bills O looked like an NFL team. Let's hope this year our O also steps up.

Cleve
09-22-2015, 06:08 AM
Jets are now ahead of the Buffalo Bills in the AFC East. Let that sink in.

And the national media downplayed the Bills win over Indy.....it was less about the Bills being good than the Colts having deteriorated in the off-season. That idea has more traction now after a humiliating loss to the lowly Jets during their home opener and they're now 0-2. BTW, the Jets defense held Indy to even fewer points than the Bills defense.

Here's a scary thought.... what if the post-Rex Ryan Jets are better this year than when Ryan was coaching them? What will the talking point be then?

Novacane
09-22-2015, 06:30 AM
Fitz has looked good before. He will return to being Fitz.

gebobs
09-22-2015, 06:32 AM
Admittedly, I only watched the first half, but what the...? Legit QB? LOL Did he do something in the second half to warrant that? Or have the Bills so lowered your bar for for the position that he clears it?

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2015, 06:58 AM
OK now let's not get crazy. Fitz missed so many throws so badly it's just like the way he was in Buffalo. He's NOT a legit QB.

notacon
09-22-2015, 07:02 AM
I'm going to make a thoroughly easy prediction.

The end of the season will look drastically different than the start...for many, many teams.

Cleve
09-22-2015, 09:18 AM
OK now let's not get crazy. Fitz missed so many throws so badly it's just like the way he was in Buffalo. He's NOT a legit QB.

Yup. We have 11 years of stats on Blitzpatrick; 2 decent games (QBR of ~94 for both) are not enough to set aside 11 years of empirical data; and that data clearly shows he is NOT a starting caliber QB. He's only averaged ~200 yards in the past two games; and these aren't the best teams he's facing either.

When he was "starting" in Buffalo, he'd have a decent game or two...but then he'd be wildly inconsistent and have a horrid game.

The most logical conclusion to his 'success' in the past two games; the Jets weren't facing very good opponents.

BuffaloRedleg
09-22-2015, 09:26 AM
It isn't right to draw too many conclusions just yet.

I think we may have had a demoralizing effect on the team and softened them up before the Jets. They seem to be pretty mentally weak.

Or they could just be bad like the Bears last year, but I doubt that. Time will tell.

psubills62
09-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Where did I say he was a legit QB? I said he looked like one.

And yeah, feldspar, I know Indy had a bunch of CB's out. That obviously helped the Jets, given that whenever Fitz didn't make the throw, they called the Indy DB for holding.

Buffalogic
09-22-2015, 09:56 AM
Jets are now ahead of the Buffalo Bills in the AFC East. Let that sink in.
Ya they played the Browns and we played the pats...

justasportsfan
09-22-2015, 10:07 AM
LUCK SUCKS!!!!!!

We should call Pagano and tell him that and that we are going to do him a favor and take that crappy QB and give them Dareus , EJ and Cassel in return.

CommissarSpartacus
09-22-2015, 10:13 AM
Couldn't happen to a nicer couple of goons.

Hey boys, I wonder if Roger Goodell appreciates everything you've done in helping him look like the world's biggest fool?

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/34406c4e5fb3cfed4c42d4f736061a118e065e3c/c=0-5-850-644&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2015/05/02/Indianapolis/Indianapolis/635661975247896409-GrigsonIrsay.jpg

Cleve
09-22-2015, 02:28 PM
Ya they played the Browns and we played the pats...

Yeah, but ESPN Power Rankings have the Bills at 8 and the Jets at 9. The Jets play the Eagles this week (Ranked 22) and the Bills play the Dolphins (ranked 14) so it's possible Bills could win and STILL be behind the Jets in the standings. Even worse would be if the Bills bungle a gimme game..... and the Jets pull off a win. Then they widen their lead over the Bills.

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2015, 03:28 PM
I appreciate Fitz is a good dude in real life. Loving husband and a family guy and all that. God bless him.

Bills down by 4 and have the ball on the opponent's 26 yard line with 1:13 to go. Ball is snapped, Fitzpatrick drops back to pass, waiting...waiting...he throws! And what happens?

INTERCEPTED!!!!!!

We've heard this story too many times. :ill:

Mace
09-22-2015, 04:46 PM
The Indy win will make everyone feel better after you see them in the playoffs again because the teams in their division will give them at least 5 wins (last year they were 6-0 in their division, 5-5 against everyone else, wins coming over the Giants, Bengals, Redskins, Browns & Ravens). They started 0-2 last year also outside their division (Broncos, Eagles).