PDA

View Full Version : Kiko likely out for year.

The King
09-22-2015, 08:47 AM
This move alone could get Kelly strung up.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/philadelphia-eagles-kiko-alonso-knee-injury-2015-season-092115'

When the Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles-team) traded for Kiko Alonso (http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/kiko-alonso-player) this offseason, they were hoping the 2013 Defensive Rookie of the Year runner-up who missed the 2014 regular season with a torn ACL could recover and add some speed to their defense.

Just two weeks into the season, it looks like those plans might have to be put on hold. According to FOX Sports NFL Insider Mike Garafolo, tests Monday revealed that Alonso could be placed on injured reserve and miss the rest of the season.

Forward_Lateral
09-22-2015, 09:07 AM
Man I feel bad for the kid.

gebobs
09-22-2015, 10:16 AM
Jayzuz

Skooby
09-22-2015, 10:56 AM
Terrible situation but he took damaged goods.

BertSquirtgum
09-22-2015, 11:19 AM
This move alone could get Kelly strung up.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/philadelphia-eagles-kiko-alonso-knee-injury-2015-season-092115'

Just wait until Bradford injures his knee again. **** will hit the fan.

Meathead
09-22-2015, 11:56 AM
who?

Forward_Lateral
09-22-2015, 01:06 PM

I don't think Bradford will see the field long enough to tear it again. He looks completely lost out there.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-22-2015, 02:58 PM
****, just like Sam Cowart. What a beast he [Cowart} was on the way to being before he got injured. Just like Kiko and TKO.

Ingtar33
09-22-2015, 02:59 PM

if they don't bench him for sanchez first. frankly he should have been benched against the cowboys. that was horrible.

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2015, 03:21 PM
Kiko out
Bradford sucks
Running game sucks

Chip Kelly is going to get run out of town.

YardRat
09-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Unfortunate for Kiko.

Turf
09-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Kiko always looked too small for me, hell of a competitor though.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-22-2015, 04:27 PM
i know how he feels
my son is out 2nd year in a row with achellies problems
plays college ball
right guard

streetkings01
09-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Sprained knee per Chip Kelly....... day to day

Jimkelly12203
09-23-2015, 03:35 PM
After seeing McCoy make something out of nothing behind this line last week, does anyone want to argue that we didn't win this trade now?

trapezeus
09-23-2015, 04:16 PM
we still have to give it a season. but i think we are in the driver seat of winning. but a RB can go down for along period of time too. Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

Night Train
09-23-2015, 05:41 PM
Man I feel bad for the kid.

I do too because his body is clearly not made for football.

He gave us 8 great games in the first half of 2013, declined noticeably down the stretch and missed all of 2014. Now this.

He wasn't even slated to start for the Bills, prior to the trade but many here think we lost in the trade for McCoy. Incredible. It's just a phone call that came out of nowhere from Chip Kelly and it couldn't have taken more than a minute to say Yes.

feldspar
09-23-2015, 05:41 PM
Sprained knee per Chip Kelly....... day to day

That's good news. I hope he can play against the Jets on Sunday.

I love Kiko, but I think the Eagles might have better off keeping McCoy. They only have 34-yards rushing over the first two games, which is pathetic. DeMarco Murray, who basically got the exact same contract as Shady, is off to the worst start in NFL history...literally.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/demarco-murray-stats-worst-rushing-numbers-nfl-history

Now Murray left practice with a hamstring today (Wednesday). I know Shady has been dealing with a hamstring too, but he's been playing pretty well. Murray, on the other hand, has only 11 yards on 21 carries over two games...he's averaging half-a-yard. His longest run was 9-yards; apart from that, he's gained TWO YARDS ON TWENTY CARRIES. Yikes, but that's horrendous.

Mace
09-23-2015, 06:13 PM
After seeing McCoy make something out of nothing behind this line last week, does anyone want to argue that we didn't win this trade now?

Sure, I will. Can't say it for sure of course, atm it's advantage Bills besides spending way too much for a running back when they are easily found by teams with decent scouting who are looking for them.

But it's a long season yet, and there's just no way to know how it plays out. As much as I liked Alonso, he's gone, as much as I didn't like McCoy, he's here. So I want McCoy to succeed here and light it up. There's a ways to go yet though.

feldspar
09-23-2015, 06:13 PM
****Actually, the Eagles have 70 yards rushing so far this year, not 34. Still bad. Still almost HALF of what the second-to-last team has. Doesn't seem it will get much better against the Jets this week. Hope I'm wrong.

But the Bills are 3rd in rushing yards, and tied for first in average YPC. Taylor probably helped with that, no doubt.

Ingtar33
09-24-2015, 08:48 AM
I love Kiko, but I think the Eagles might have better off keeping McCoy. They only have 34-yards rushing over the first two games, which is pathetic. DeMarco Murray, who basically got the exact same contract as Shady, is off to the worst start in NFL history...literally.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/demarco-murray-stats-worst-rushing-numbers-nfl-history

Now Murray left practice with a hamstring today (Wednesday). I know Shady has been dealing with a hamstring too, but he's been playing pretty well. Murray, on the other hand, has only 11 yards on 21 carries over two games...he's averaging half-a-yard. His longest run was 9-yards; apart from that, he's gained TWO YARDS ON TWENTY CARRIES. Yikes, but that's horrendous.

no one saw that coming after a 500 carry season? that's pretty much standard when a rb carries the rock as much as murray did last year.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-24-2015, 09:31 AM
no one saw that coming after a 500 carry season? that's pretty much standard when a rb carries the rock as much as murray did last year.

A dropoff or an injury is pretty much expected, but Murray has been historically bad.

TBH I think it's a bigger effect of cutting their two starting guards and replacing them with bums.

Meathead
09-24-2015, 10:08 AM

http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/uploads/2009/3/17/saupload_ljjmpduoq7ek5zq0jlypqypy_400_1.jpg

OpIv37
09-24-2015, 10:16 AM

Right now it's looking like we won but it's only been two games.

trapezeus
09-24-2015, 10:35 AM
i didn't realize murray's stats were so bad. We haven't even seen his fumbling issues yet. it could get much worse.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-24-2015, 02:10 PM
Right now it's looking like we won but it's only been two games.

there's the OP i know and love. turn a beautiful pot of honey into 'we're all gonna get stung by bees'

DynaPaul
09-24-2015, 03:53 PM
That's too bad for Kiko. Loved the guy while he was here and was sad to see him go but we dodged a big time bullet there.

Turf
09-24-2015, 04:00 PM
http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/uploads/2009/3/17/saupload_ljjmpduoq7ek5zq0jlypqypy_400_1.jpg

Did you have to post a picture of Miley Cyrus?

Goobylal
09-24-2015, 04:12 PM
Swapping Kiko, who they found out they didn't need, for Shady, an All-Pro RB in his prime, made the trade a win for the Bills from the beginning. The only question was whether it would prove to be a win for the Eagles. It's early but Kiko looks done and Murray doesn't look anything like the player he was last year. Maybe that will change, but I doubt Kiko ever lives up to his potential.

BuffaloRedleg
09-26-2015, 06:12 AM
The legend of Kiko Alonso will remain just that.

Historian
09-26-2015, 06:22 AM
Kiko always looked too small for me, hell of a competitor though.

A little bit, but I think his problems stem from the way he plays....with such reckless abandon.

You can get away with that in college,but not the NFL.

HHURRICANE
09-26-2015, 08:08 AM
I heard that it was a sprain and no tear....

For the record I think Chip Kelly is a moron. Bradford might get benched for Sanchez if they don't win tomorrow. That's not a rumor FYI.

Goobylal
09-26-2015, 10:20 AM

For the record I think Chip Kelly is a moron. Bradford might get benched for Sanchez if they don't win tomorrow. That's not a rumor FYI.
It was a partial tear. He's damaged goods.

Meathead
09-26-2015, 01:29 PM
:link:

Meathead
09-26-2015, 01:30 PM
kiko aclonso

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000536460/article/eagles-lb-kiko-alonso-suffers-partially-torn-acl

fleeced

Mr. Pink
09-26-2015, 01:45 PM

The real reason Murray hasn't been successful in the Eagles offense has nothing to do with that.

Bradford doesn't fit the system so no one cares about the read option...really Bradford is gonna keep it and run? Yeah, probably not.

And Demarco himself doesn't fit it. He's a downhill runner not a sweep type runner. He's at his best hitting the line, finding the hole and just exploding through, he doesn't excel at trying to get wide which the Eagles do constantly and he gets stuffed constantly.

- - - Updated - - -

He is a moron. His backfield doesn't even fit his system. Not to mention all the talent he ran out of Philly because they're weren't "his" guys.

Goobylal
09-26-2015, 02:35 PM
The real reason Murray hasn't been successful in the Eagles offense has nothing to do with that.

Bradford doesn't fit the system so no one cares about the read option...really Bradford is gonna keep it and run? Yeah, probably not.

And Demarco himself doesn't fit it. He's a downhill runner not a sweep type runner. He's at his best hitting the line, finding the hole and just exploding through, he doesn't excel at trying to get wide which the Eagles do constantly and he gets stuffed constantly.

- - - Updated - - -

He is a moron. His backfield doesn't even fit his system. Not to mention all the talent he ran out of Philly because they're weren't "his" guys.
The funny/weird thing is that Kelly, and this has been verified by Eagles' owner Jeffrey Lurie, wants/needs a "one-cut RB" for his spread offense. Shady isn't that guy but theoretically Murray is. But in the end you still need blockers and the Eagles' OL was made to look a lot better than it was by Shady, whereas Dallas' was great on its own.

Mr. Pink
09-26-2015, 02:40 PM
The funny/weird thing is that Kelly, and this has been verified by Eagles' owner Jeffrey Lurie, wants/needs a "one-cut RB" for his spread offense. Shady isn't that guy but theoretically Murray is. But in the end you still need blockers and the Eagles' OL was made to look a lot better than it was by Shady, whereas Dallas' was great on its own.

If you watch the Eagles play though the majority of their runs are outside runs. Demarco isn't a sideline to sideline type of runner and it shows in his stats when he is tried to be made into one.

Goobylal
09-26-2015, 03:28 PM
If you watch the Eagles play though the majority of their runs are outside runs. Demarco isn't a sideline to sideline type of runner and it shows in his stats when he is tried to be made into one.

No, I know. I just don't understand how Kelly can say he needs a one-cut RB and then still run plays to the outside. Does he suffer from multiple personalities?

YardRat
09-26-2015, 03:31 PM
No, I know. I just don't understand how Kelly can say he needs a one-cut RB and then still run plays to the outside. Does he suffer from multiple personalities?

Which one will show up this Sunday? Winnie the Pooh-looking mother****er, or Pillsbury Doughboy-looking mother****er?

Ingtar33
09-26-2015, 09:21 PM

Terrell Davis was a 1 cut runner; and he ran outside as well as he ran inside

As for a partial tear of the ACL, that sucks. pretty much 2+ months shot for KA, assuming it heals right.

a couple of years ago i "partially" tore my LCL playing touch football during a picnic. Of course it was the same knee that was ruined when i was in highschool. Tore the meniscus in the knee too when i tore the LCL. Getting old sucks. That injury was pretty painful; the LCL tear actually hurt less then the torn meniscus (it took me almost 2 weeks before I could tell the difference in the pain between the two injuries; I knew they both were injured and how badly from an MRI, but it took a while before the swelling came down enough to be able to tell them apart).

Mace
09-26-2015, 10:46 PM

Because he'd be a total idiot to have an offense that never runs any plays whatever to the outside ?

Night Train
09-30-2015, 06:12 PM
NFL Network now saying he'll miss another month after sitting out this past Sunday.