PDA

View Full Version : Overrated/Underrated bills

4thAndLong
09-14-2002, 03:03 PM
Offense

Overrated - Brown, dont get me wrong, hes still one of the best, but, he has played terrible lately

Underrated - Moore, no one understands how much these 2 TE formations helped Travis, and Moore is a very good blocker..

Defense

Overrated - Wire, he's a rookie that has played 1 game and being proclaimed Jesus

Underrated - Winfield, he lead us in tackles, and is a shut-down corner, but is still unknown around the league

ArcticWildMan
09-14-2002, 03:16 PM
Offense

Agree on Rueben!! Too many costly penalties and mental lapses for a so called Pro Bowler.

Another overrated player IMHO is J. Reimersma. He disappears for entire games it seems and drops too many balls. Also has poor blocking skills. Not worth the huge contract he was awarded.

Underrated offensive player is Jonas Jennings. Has all the tools to be a Pro Bowler. Only concern is his ability to stay healthy.

Defense

I don't really think we have anybody who is overrated. Clements and his pass coverage may be overrated. Next game will tell more.

I think you can almost lump the entire Defense into the underrated category with the exception of Fletcher, Winfield, and Clements.

TigerJ
09-14-2002, 04:34 PM
I agree, Ruben is overrated. One might make a case for Centers being overrated too. Again he is good at what he does, but here is a fullback who has a chance to go to the HoF who is only an average blocker at best, and not any better at running.

Underrated? Other than here in Buffalo where we all like him, Travis Henry is being taken pretty lightly around the league, especially in Miami where they think a running back has to have a brand name to be successful.

Butch
09-14-2002, 04:46 PM
Clements is overrated. He made a few big plays as a rookie thrown in with a lot of bad games and a lot of people were ready to annoint him the next Deion. He looked lost on the go ahead TD he gave up last week. He needs to step up big time.